Players Talking About The New Staff

Advertisement
If you would have said that then it would not have gotten this far. You brought up the guys struggles with anxiety and drugs and then mention the stupidity of the quote.

Not sure where you wanted to go with that.
Yes I called out the irony of it. Not going to rehash it

Why are we here? To give our opinions on topics, just like you. Sorry you don't like it, but you can abstain from reading contrary opinions just as well.

I can't speak for others, but I have no issue with the players having optimism in a new staff. They should. What gets me is the thought that this in some way "proves" that this new regime will finally have all the answers. I hope they do, but to make such conclusions before they have had even one practice, let alone game is ridiculous IMO. Of course I hope Cristobal and crew bring us back to the promised land. I'm just not willing to anoint him 2 months into his time as head coach.

I will say, he did a tremendous job making this a respectable recruiting class in the short time he had. So, so far so good.

Responding with "sorry you don't like it" means you completely misread my post as I explicitly support discussion.

Plus, nothing was suggested to be "proven." If, indeed, that's what someone was objecting to - the proverbial "we're back" claim - then absolutely that's an apt retort. That's an appropriate back and forth to have.

But people were objecting to players specifying how things are different and responding with let's see the results on the field. This isn't about a contrary opinion, this is about attempting to cut off discussion entirely. It is a claim that conversation and speculation are inherently not worth while and nothing should even be suggested or theorized until results are seen. That's a substantive difference.

I’m sure most of us have heard the saying “Don’t sweat the small stuff “. My philosophy has always been that if you take care of the small stuff, big stuff is much less likely to occur. Seems Mario and his staff are taking care of the small stuff.
To your point I'll quote Mario - "how you do anything is how you do everything". The stuff we are seeing now is brought on by the mindset that nothing is a small thing and everything should be approached meaningfully.

Advertisement
At least Oregon's locker room was clean while they were being more undisciplined than Miami last year.
As much as penalties hurt the team and show an example of a lack of discipline I think when and how those penalties happen are a bigger factor.

I mean, Alabama is at a surprising spot on the list.

But have you ever seen Alabama get multiple offsides and neutral zone infractions on the same drive to extend the drive for the opposing teams.

Or did the penalty end up costing Alabama even more because they couldn't block, catch, or tackle on the ensuing plays?

I'd sacrifice some penalty difference if I'm getting technique and focus discipline on the other end of it

All these posts about the little things that matter and not one person has connected it with Ed Reed. "Ed Reed clean up the locker room" is on YouTube and I bet most of you have seen it.

As much as penalties hurt the team and show an example of a lack of discipline I think when and how those penalties happen are a bigger factor.

I mean, Alabama is at a surprising spot on the list.

But have you ever seen Alabama get multiple offsides and neutral zone infractions on the same drive to extend the drive for the opposing teams.

Or did the penalty end up costing Alabama even more because they couldn't block, catch, or tackle on the ensuing plays?

I'd sacrifice some penalty difference if I'm getting technique and focus discipline on the other end of it
Aggressive teams tend to rack up penalties. UM was always among the most penalized teams during their heyday. I was just laughing at the people that somehow conflated a clean locker room with not getting penalties

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's literally only been 5 minutes - how can there have been THIS much change?
You’ve clearly never see what a good house cleaning can do after a party trashed by kids while the adults were gone

What is an “apeech”?
200.gif

Advertisement
I'm from Gawga and we got lots of good peechs here every summer.
Now that’s way more on-brand for you, but I’m surprised autocorrect in GA doesn’t change your name to Canedawg.

ATL here, have to admit I still chuckle when you misspell words

Advertisement
Back