Players Talking About The New Staff

Reading between the lines throughout this interview, they seem to respect this staff significantly more than the previous one.

Some paraphrased quotes:
"Even practice they play with your mind, trying to get you prepared for game time."
"They've changed even the little things. Like our rooms were never clean, we never worried too much about that. But now all our rooms are spotless."
"Every one is on board. Some people who used to be a problem are now all bought in."
"This increase in support for the football program makes us feel the love and makes us want to play harder."

If you can't even clean up your own room, who the **** are you to give advice to the world?”

-Jordan Peterson

Love it. LOL

Advertisement
The quote from Troutman should be: “I ain’t gonna lie to you, our locker room ain’t never been clean. Ever, like,,,and ever since, ah…this new coaching staff came…Coach Feld and them, he’s…our ****’s been spotless. It’s the little details like that that’s been changing. ..and it’s the whole atmosphere like, I feel everyone’s buying into Coach Cristobal’s vision.”

So he was actually referring to the locker room under Manny always being a mess, and now under Mario, it’s spotless. I remember Broklyndee mentioning how this had actually turned off a previous top recruits parent’s during either the 2021 or 2020 recruiting cycle on an official visit. Troutman just confirmed what Dee told us all back then.
Can someone go into detail about the locker room thing? Curious? What happened?

People often comment "I've heard this before" and "show me with results" and "I'm done winning off-season championships."

These are absolutely FAIR and VALID criticisms. We've been burned before and it's reasonable to take precautions in order to not get swept away with hopeful optimism that will make a misstep harder to digest. For what it's worth, I completely agree. I am excited and optimistic about the future, but my expectations are tempered until they are verified with objective results.

The fact remains, however, that this is the off-season. There won't be games for months.

If you want just the major headlines, there are plenty of media sources that will keep you abreast of every hire, transfer, and injury. But people come to this board around this time not just because they are interested in the big news but because they are interested in the latest rumors and in engaging in speculation. This is, after all, a message board - a place where fans gather and discuss. Often, it's irrationally polarizing with groups trending to extremes in either direction (the so-called "mopes" and "slurpers," in the semi-literate parlance of the board). If such discussion and speculation bothers you, even when it's optimism that comes directly from the players themselves, then it is far more reasonable and productive for you to abstain from visiting this board than to object to such commentary. So, this begs the question: why are you here on the off-season?
1644851212442.gif

Means next to nothing in the win column but these are tiny pieces of creating a long term culture. Build a good culture and it still guarantees nothing... having the players, scheme, even luck are all more important.

But, a better culture does make success more likely with all other things equal. Clean locker rooms worth popping champagne over? Nah. But it's still a good sign.

At least Oregon's locker room was clean while they were being more undisciplined than Miami last year.

Hilarious.

As an aside I heard Mario hired his pals from the Oregon cleaning company to replace the Miami cleaning company that previously missed a few spots while cleaning the floors -- infrastructure at its finest.

Advertisement
The “heard it all before” crowd always gets me. Of course you have, it happens with every team with every coaching change. That being said, would you rather them say “oh shít is same ol same ol, we’re doomed”? If you know they are going to say positive things about the new staff that you will choose to ignore, why even click on the thread and read it?

Look I get it, everyone should feel a little jaded but it’s early offseason and games won’t be played for many months. I pray I don’t have to read “prove it on the field” 7394728 times before they can actually go and do so.

Heard it all before....ok. So what do you want to talk about then? Because its the off season and there is not much going on outside of position hires and 1-2 uncommitted athletes.
One can always go to the not deleted thread and talk about wrestling, food, rap, when traveling became legal in NBA, guns and etc

Advertisement
First thing you want to do as a coach is set up your culture. Get guys to buy what you're selling and go from there. Nothing works if your team doesn't believe in what your head guy is trying to do. No tangible way really to measure culture of a team but it is one of the most important things to have for a team.

Advertisement
I believe you are looking at that in the wrong way.

The military guys here will tell you, there is a reason you make your bed, keep you room clean, your boots shined, uniform proper, etc. It’s not because the military is obsessed about being tidy.

It’s about discipline. Attention to details. If you can’t be bothered to make your bed, keep a locker room/apt clean, keep your weapon clean which could possibly lead to jams in a battle, shoelaces proper so they don’t break, etc, in terms of football that means no discipline in assignments, who your supposed to block, your foot, hand techniques needed to be perfected to be better than your opponent, etc.

It’s about setting a standard and if your kids feel like they have free reign to do and look however they want, the results will speak for themselves and they have here the last 16-17 years.
If I can’t trust you to make your bed, how i am gonna trust you with million dollars worth of equipment.

Would've loved to know who some of those problem players were
Onwards and upwards! Idgaf who was a problem before. These young men need leadership. Now they have it. We should give them all a fresh start.

I hope they all reach their potential and can use the structure they’re learning from to guide them after they’ve graduated from UMiami to successful lives during and post football.

Advertisement
Since Randy Shannon, I’ve yet to see the previous Corches’ bench a sh1tty player and until that happens 8-4 is the ceiling

If you can't even clean up your own room, who the **** are you to give advice to the world?”

-Jordan Peterson

Love it. LOL
lol this is the guy who literally couldn’t move off his couch for months and was addicted to benzos.

He has some good advice on some issues but I prefer to think you can learn from someone regardless of their standing in life or some arbitrary measure.

Advertisement
Back