Players Talking About The New Staff

I see the frat boy culture is going the way of the do-do bird, huh? Good! U can’t be the Head Coach and the Dean of Pledges at the same **** time. Trying to be both, is confusing to the players and counterproductive. Glad there’s an adult in charge, now.

Advertisement
Reading between the lines throughout this interview, they seem to respect this staff significantly more than the previous one.

Some paraphrased quotes:
"Even practice they play with your mind, trying to get you prepared for game time."
"They've changed even the little things. Like our rooms were never clean, we never worried too much about that. But now all our rooms are spotless."
"Every one is on board. Some people who used to be a problem are now all bought in."
"This increase in support for the football program makes us feel the love and makes us want to play harder."

Sounds exactly like the 13 weeks I spent at Parris Island.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m sure most of us have heard the saying “Don’t sweat the small stuff “. My philosophy has always been that if you take care of the small stuff, big stuff is much less likely to occur. Seems Mario and his staff are taking care of the small stuff.

Like Admiral McRaven said in his famous speech.....the fact that little things in life matter. If you can’t do the little things right, you will never do the big things right.

Advertisement
Reading between the lines throughout this interview, they seem to respect this staff significantly more than the previous one.

Some paraphrased quotes:
"Every one is on board. Some people who used to be a problem are now all bought in."
And hopefully as the intensity and expectations pick up, the others will hit the portal

Advertisement

Some paraphrased quotes:
"Even practice they play with your mind, trying to get you prepared for game time."
"They've changed even the little things. Like our rooms were never clean, we never worried too much about that. But now all our rooms are spotless."
"This increase in support for the football program makes us feel the love and makes us want to play harder."
The quote from Troutman should be: “I ain’t gonna lie to you, our locker room ain’t never been clean. Ever, like,,,and ever since, ah…this new coaching staff came…Coach Feld and them, he’s…our ****’s been spotless. It’s the little details like that that’s been changing. ..and it’s the whole atmosphere like, I feel everyone’s buying into Coach Cristobal’s vision.”

So he was actually referring to the locker room under Manny always being a mess, and now under Mario, it’s spotless. I remember Broklyndee mentioning how this had actually turned off a previous top recruits parent’s during either the 2021 or 2020 recruiting cycle on an official visit. Troutman just confirmed what Dee told us all back then.

oh boy, the clean room bit has surfaced.
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

The quote from Troutman should be: “I ain’t gonna lie to you, our locker room ain’t never been clean. Ever, like,,,and ever since, ah…this new coaching staff came…Coach Feld and them, he’s…our ****’s been spotless. It’s the little details like that that’s been changing. ..and it’s the whole atmosphere like, I feel everyone’s buying into Coach Cristobal’s vision.”

So he was actually referring to the locker room under Manny always being a mess, and now under Mario, it’s spotless. I remember Broklyndee mentioning how this had actually turned off a previous top recruits parent’s during either the 2021 or 2020 recruiting cycle on an official visit. Troutman just confirmed what Dee told us all back then.
Joe Philbin was notorious for making sure a clean locker room was kept and we saw how successful he was as a head coach.

Look, I have long been complaining about this team's lack of discipline for a long time. Until we see a reduction in false starts, late hits, and other unforced errors due to lack of discipline, I'm not going to get too excited about a clean locker room edict. Hopefully, one leads to the other.

Advertisement
Back