• Coral Gables Senior High School

Votes: 32 6.9%
  • Tropical Park

Votes: 300 64.5%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 71 15.3%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Yep, they can call their shots when they come back with their money.... like the rest of us who got baked under noon sun in the OB
College football is designed to entertain college kids first and foremost. You 10-12k locals that show up occasionally act like y'all running shytt !

Maybe - I'm one of the ones that thinks Hard Rock is a good spot for this team. However, it's sad to go to games and have the stadium be half empty which happens way too often.

I think the soccer stadium of 50k is an interesting idea. And someone here said people would be complaining about being far from the field... I guarantee the seats would be closer to the field than you currently are at Hard Rock.
This! Shytt embarrassing when you see all those empty *** teal green seats on tv, which is the first thing our rivals like to point out when taking shots at us. The anti stadium crowd's goto is the Va tech and ND games 5 years ago where those two teams were responsible for half of the 60-70k fans in the stands on those occasions, yet fools act like Miami fans made up the entire crowd. See Duke and Central Connecticut...

This! Shytt embarrassing when you see all those empty *** teal green seats on tv, which is the first thing our rivals like to point out when taking shots at us. The anti stadium crowd's goto is the Va tech and ND games 5 years ago where those two teams were responsible for half of the 60-70k fans in the stands on those occasions, yet fools act like Miami fans made up the entire crowd. See Duke and Central Connecticut...

Hey, I go to all the games, Virginia Tech was virtually 100% Miami, and to my surprise the Notre Dame game - there may have been two or 3000 Lame fans there, five at the most.

You are dead wrong on that.

Advertisement
College football is designed to entertain college kids first and foremost. You 10-12k locals that show up occasionally act like y'all running shytt !
Entertaining kids days are long gone. Now its a business of corporate sponsorships, alumni cash and donations...

And a lot of those seats are empty because the sight-lines are awful. You're better off watching on one of 8,000 TVs inside the stadium. Even the marquee game on the schedule drew a lackluster crowd. The place is too **** big!

87e433e4-7709-418b-9b11-39c31167d29e.sized-1000x1000.jpg
So you want a smaller stadium. A smaller stadium will not accomodate our marquis games like FSU, and you can forget about having another Notre Dame 2017 experience. So the answer to having a smaller stadium is still having special events back at the very stadium you hate. So then having a smaller stadium would mean building a new stadium for a whopping 4 home games per season.

Advertisement
You talking like 50k local folks showing up at every game lol.
They sell three times as many season tickets as they have undergrads who get free tickets via the athletic fee. Those are the people who donate, so they will always have more of a voice than the students.

They sell three times as many season tickets as they have undergrads who get free tickets via the athletic fee. Those are the people who donate, so they will always have more of a voice than the students.
If you think UM won't pursue a closer to campus stadium behind umpteen thousand local fans then I got some beachfront property in Nashville Kentucky to sell you lol! Stop talking like HR is packed every single home game. That's all the more reason you don't need to be renting a 70k seat stadium.

If you think UM won't pursue a closer to campus stadium behind umpteen thousand local fans then I got some beachfront property in Nashville Kentucky to sell you lol! Stop talking like HR is packed every single home game. That's all the more reason you don't need to be renting a 70k seat stadium.
When did I ever say that?

Advertisement
Hard Rock was built to accommodate football, baseball, and soccer. So it sucks for at least two of the three. The renovations helped, but still not great.

Every home game I have seen on tv, except for the Notre Dame game in 2017, has looked like sheeit on tv. Mostly a fan problem, but its still a problem.

The good news is HR was the perfect stadium for fans during the pandemic. So much space between fans there was no way you could catch COVID.
Great post.

I really like HRS but the more I hear ND game as an argument to stay at that stadium the more I question if we should. Is that the only argument people have for HRS? There are soooooo many other variables to playing at a specific venue.

IMO, I think a new stadium is coming for this program and it’s very telling that those in charge are flirting with the idea. Add boosters who are willing to pay for it and well…

Great post.

I really like HRS but the more I hear ND game as an argument to stay at that stadium the more I question if we should. Is that the only argument people have for HRS? There are soooooo many other variables to playing at a specific venue.

IMO, I think a new stadium is coming for this program and it’s very telling that those in charge are flirting with the idea. Add boosters who are willing to pay for it and well…

No it’s not the only argument. If you look at that year, 2017, when we had a good record, we even had great crowds for the non-marquee games, for example Virginia.

Playing at HRS has changed the equation from the Orange bowl, in the sense that even for non-marquee games, as long as we’re projected to do well and there’s excitement, we will get very good crowds even for non-marquee games.

That’s already a proven fact. The reason is, it’s an easy in and out stadium convenient to three counties, and is a comfortable to watch a game in, with relatively easy access.

Advertisement
love it when guys that don't have season tickets flap their gums.

Shytt embarrassing when you see all those empty *** teal green seats on tv,
While I agree, think about how many empty seats there were when Miami set the home win record in the Orange Bowl. Plenty of Big East teams played there.
Why would a team want to own its own stadium if it can't fill the venue? And for only 6 home games a year? Take the whole "Event supplement" out of the equation, because Miami would have event venue competition in that respect that other college towns don't have.

While I agree, think about how many empty seats there were when Miami set the home win record in the Orange Bowl. Plenty of Big East teams played there.
Why would a team want to own its own stadium if it can't fill the venue? And for only 6 home games a year? Take the whole "Event supplement" out of the equation, because Miami would have event venue competition in that respect that other college towns don't have.
All the more reason you don't need to rent a 70k seat stadium if you can't fill it lol!

Advertisement
Back