Votes: 11 2.4%
  • Coral Gables Senior High School

Votes: 32 6.9%
  • Tropical Park

Votes: 300 64.5%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 71 15.3%

• Total voters
You would need a stadium as big as Hard Rock. No way they would move World Cup games to a smaller stadium when they could sell Hard Rock out in minutes.

That’s true. I just know insane amounts of money get spent before events like that and the SB.

Should’ve seen what they did to Detroit when we hosted the super bowl.

Of course the facade went away right after but **** if the city didn’t try to make everything A1 with every dollar.

Advertisement
Do people understand 45k capacity would literally put us at the bottom of FBS stadium capacity… outside of a handful of teams. Plus why the **** would we want to play in some fruity *** soccer stadium. **** that

Build our own >60k capacity stadium or just stay at hard rock for christs sack
Ya fvck playing in a soccer stadium. We don't need any of that puzziness rubbing off on our players.

Think about the amount of parking and the size of the stadium would be too much for that space. It’s my opinion nothing else.

I mean, Stamford Bridge is 40K and it's in a fairly busy part of London.

stamford-bridge-football-stadium-chelsea-club-ëˆstã¦mfé™rd-fulham-adjacent-to-borough-south-we...jpg

The footprint wouldn't need to be huge.

Advertisement

View attachment 184184

London is very different from Miami. 99% of our attendance arrives via personal vehicle. I would guess that 70% or more of Chelsea fans arrive via public transportation or other alternative transportation methods.

This is a no go.

Stadiums configured for soccer put the fans too far away from the field for football.

Then there’s the capacity and parking issue. Don’t know why this is even being suggested.
This x1000. I was for exploring this option when Hard Kock was in its previous form and absolutely sucked. Was willing to sacrifice sightlines just to get the **** out of there. To do it now and to share a venue next to the freakin' airport is completely non-sensical. Too many concessions just to say we're back in Miami.

Do the Tropical Park plan or something similar or nothing at all because we'd have to live with a half-assed decision for a generation.

Advertisement

View attachment 184184

40k is way to small. Could you imagine what our rivals would tell recruits. I could hear it now. “Do you want to play in a soccer stadium or a real football stadium”. We need to focus our energy on building our facilities up.

Advertisement
This is a no go.

Stadiums configured for soccer put the fans too far away from the field for football.

Then there’s the capacity and parking issue. Don’t know why this is even being suggested.

The newer stadiums don’t do that. I’ve been to many soccer stadiums and some of them are quite close to the pitch.

However I do agree with you on the other issues.

Do you really want to lump UM in the same category as UH, UCF, FIU, FAU etc.

Does it matter?? As long as it’s loud and we’re winning?

I mean in basketball Cameron Indoor seats just under 10k… the fans are literally on top of the court. Rupp Arena seats 20k… louisvillle seats 22k…. Duke fans don’t seem to worry about the size of the arena as long as it’s full

I look at over average attendance when we were dominating football and it always hovered around 50-55k

Advertisement
Jorge Mas just went in front of the city commission and said that he thinks it'd be a brilliant idea and nothing would make them prouder than to house their alma mater, the University of Miami and have them playing at the new stadium.

Last edited:
Does it matter?? As long as it’s loud and we’re winning?

I mean Cameron Indoor seats just under 10k… the fans are literally on top of the court. Rupp Arena seats 20k… louisvillle seats 22k..

I look at over average attendance when we were dominating football and it always hovered around 50-55k

You’re dam right it matters. You want to be lumped up with a bunch of scrub teams. Our rivals would LOL at us for centuries.

X Factor Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

Advertisement
Back