Votes: 11 2.4%
  • Coral Gables Senior High School

Votes: 32 6.9%
  • Tropical Park

Votes: 300 64.5%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 71 15.3%

• Total voters
Let’s see what the actual proposal is before assuming anything. Have you been to Tropical Park? I played Baseball there as a kid for 10 years and softball as an adult. Been there a million times. A great deal of the park isn’t really used and there is a lot of dead space. If remodeled correctly, it would work.
Haha yeah man, I've spent a lot of time at Tropical Park. And I've also spent a lot of time following Miami politics. Building a stadium there would be a massive lift, and I don't think Ruiz is the guy to make it happen... He's a bullsh*t artist, just throwing ideas against the wall.

I'm not saying it's completely impossible, but don't get your hopes up unless some more serious players get involved. And even then, it would take at least a decade.

Advertisement
Haha yeah man, I've spent a lot of time at Tropical Park. And I've also spent a lot of time following Miami politics. Building a stadium there would be a massive lift, and I don't think Ruiz is the guy to make it happen... He's a bullsh*t artist, just throwing ideas against the wall.

I'm not saying it's completely impossible, but don't get your hopes up unless some more serious players get involved. And even then, it would take at least a decade.
TIFWIW but I was told by two legit people it’s not BS and he has been far from a bull**** artist, thus far. We shall see what happens.

I saw dozens of four wheelers and dirt bikes on the 826 today slowing traffic and doing wheelies. That should be interesting when 50,000 people are trying to get to a game.

Advertisement
Where the orange bowl should still be standing!
Yep , there’s a $500,000,000.00 Marlin stadium there for 1500 to 2000 fans per game .

When they can play and NOT sellout Mark Light stadium at the U .

Jim Mad dog Mandich was right the greatest moondogal is history was built in OB land.

GOCANES

Moondogal
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Advertisement
CIty of Miami is asking Beckham and Mas family to formally open dialogue with University of Miami regarding the possibility of including them in the new Miami Freedom stadium deal. Instead of a 30k seating stadium, something much larger that can house football games and make the stadium a multi-purpose facility that could host other large events as well, not just soccer.

CIty of Miami is asking Beckham and Mas family to open dialogue with University of Miami regarding the possibility of including them in the new Miami Freedom stadium deal.
you mean Joe Carrollo asked for the parties to meet. it is nothing since a stadium the size that miami needs cannot be built there

you mean Joe Carrollo asked for the parties to meet. it is nothing since a stadium the size that miami needs cannot be built there
Manolo Reyes has already stated he's on board with that. Same Manolo that has been against the Miami Freedom project from the onset.

If you know anything about how politics work in the city of Miami, you'll know that usually what Crazy Joe wants, Crazy Joe gets. LOL!!

Advertisement
CIty of Miami is asking Beckham and Mas family to formally open dialogue with University of Miami regarding the possibility of including them in the new Miami Freedom stadium deal. Instead of a 30k seating stadium, something much larger that can house football games and make the stadium a multi-purpose facility that could host other large events as well, not just soccer.
Can’t wait to see how this shakes out. The soccer stadium is 25k tops in capacity and that’s probably fuzzy math. You would need at least 55k for it to work for multi-purpose to include football..

Wasn't one of the biggest knocks against Joe Robbie before the renovation, was how far away the seats were from the field when configured for football?

IDK, I think I'd rather stay at Hard Rock if we can't get our own stadium near campus, and I know the solutions for that are problematic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back