Pitt Student here with Questions

Advertisement
You want your answer to why there is hate on here @RVACane . It’s because this shrimp**** comes on here all high and mighty look at me I’m in college and I make 30k and he is talking mad **** how he is gonna be a complete ******* when he comes down in the fall to Canes fans. Sorry dude but he’s a troll and it’s best for his *** to go to a FSU game instead.

OK, you've managed to BS long enough, here are the correct answers.

1. Tailgating is fine, they have done a LOT to the parking lots, they now actually serve in the parking lot (assuming since you are flying in that you are not going to have a ton of your own tailgating supplies). Lots open 4 hours before kickoff EXCEPT FOR the Green parking lot, where I have 2 spots, and Green opens 5 hours before kickoff. My suggestion to you is to park in a Yellow lot near Green, take a bridge, and BE NICE to the UM fans in Green, they will be nice back to you and probably even let you eat some of their food, particularly my friends who park in the northwest corner of Green (by the SE corner of the stadium, just look at the map, trust me, it makes sense). HOWEVER, if you want to play it safe (and since you like Lazy Moon), go to Casola's on SW 17th Ave (near US 1) before the game and get a large pie. They're not going to put pineapple on it, and it will be better than Lazy Moon, but it will hold you over while you drive up to the stadium (and I'm assuming you will have the good sense to try to stay in the Gables/Grove/South Beach area).

2. No nightlife near the stadium. If you are going to go out to restaurants, then downtown Miami/Wynwood/Gables/Grove/South Beach are your best bets, and for bars and clubs, Grove/South Beach (and maybe Wynwood too).

3. Good museums? Not exactly my area of specialty, but I've been to the Lowe (on UM campus) many times. This is something you should google, if you have particular tastes, but if you want to do something uniquely Miami, consider going to Vizcaya or the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables.

4. Best beach? Again, if you want to "say you've been there", then consider South Beach. When I was at UM, South Beach was either terrible or JUST starting to make its comeback, so I prefer Crandon and Bill Baggs/Cape Florida, both on Key Biscayne. Or Virginia Key for the views of downtown (not so much "beach" in the classic sense, lots of UM students used to go their after-hours and not-so-legally).

5. Cuban food? The obvious choices are Versailles and La Carreta on 8th Street, but there are LOTS of guys who will be happy to give you their own personal choices. Look, you're 20, you probably won't be spending a whole week, so I'm trying to give you some of the places that are easy to find and have been long-standing landmarks, but there are certainly a ton of great places in Miami.

6. Craft beers? Not my thing, but I would imagine that Wynwood is a good place to start.

7. Price of tickets? Where do you want to sit? You can go upper deck for (probably) $20-$40, depending on whether there is any demand for the game. You can go very high-priced too. If you want to spend closer to $100 (again, depending on demand), you would probably be best suited with seats in Sections 117-119, which is on the away side, but have "club level" access underneath the stadium. It's where the baseball locker rooms used to be, and they turned it into a big sports bar with better quality food & drink. Just walk down to the field level, find the doors, and they'll give you a wristband (full disclosure, my season tickets are in 117).

And stop it with the "yinz" garbage, you're from Florida, act like it.
PS Miami U How Dee Doo is hands down the best CFB song in the ACC

You want your answer to why there is hate on here @RVACane . It’s because this shrimp**** comes on here all high and mighty look at me I’m in college and I make 30k and he is talking mad **** how he is gonna be a complete ******* when he comes down in the fall to Canes fans. Sorry dude but he’s a troll and it’s best for his *** to go to a FSU game instead.
You guys started being rude to me first and being born and bred in Florida I don’t like taking that crap without giving a lil bit back, sorry!

Advertisement
Thank you for some real help man I appreciate it! PS, I’ll prob fly into Orlando and drive my Dads car down to Miami if he lets me do I have a tailgate vehicle

Depending on how much money you want to spend:

(a) fill a styrafoam cooler at Publix, I'm sure you know how to do that
(b) be really nice to UM fans in the Green lot, they'll probably throw you some free beers and/or food
(c) I can't speak for other parking lots, but in the Green lot, they now have these stands/tents that sell beer
(d) depending on the weather, you can probably walk around with a few beers in the pockets of your hoodie, cops won't be d!cks if you aren't a d!ck
(e) plenty of beer options inside the stadium too
(f) just like Pitt, we play in an NFL stadium, so follow the same rules on what you can bring in with you

You guys started being rude to me first and being born and bred in Florida I don’t like taking that crap without giving a lil bit back, sorry!
I don’t give a **** where you are from. You don’t think the same rules apply anywhere else in the country. You were the one saying you were gonna throwdown with Miami fans and with those toothpick arms, you are better off keeping your mouth shut.

Advertisement
Depending on how much money you want to spend:

(a) fill a styrafoam cooler at Publix, I'm sure you know how to do that
(b) be really nice to UM fans in the Green lot, they'll probably throw you some free beers and/or food
(c) I can't speak for other parking lots, but in the Green lot, they now have these stands/tents that sell beer
(d) depending on the weather, you can probably walk around with a few beers in the pockets of your hoodie, cops won't be d!cks if you aren't a d!ck
(e) plenty of beer options inside the stadium too
(f) just like Pitt, we play in an NFL stadium, so follow the same rules on what you can bring in with you
Awesome, thanks for the follow up I appreciate it if I do bring a car I’ll probably make some Polish food for the tailgate along with some Jell-O shots and some Ronas n Nattys

I don’t give a **** where you are from. You don’t think the same rules apply anywhere else in the country. You were the one saying you were gonna throwdown with Miami fans and with those toothpick arms, you are better off keeping your mouth shut.
And I said that after you guys ganged up on me when I was just looking for advice lol but no worries! You have a good one n be safe man!

Advertisement
Advertisement
And I said that after you guys ganged up on me when I was just looking for advice lol but no worries! You have a good one n be safe man!

No one is ganging up on you, we've just had a troll outbreak during the last year when our team was particularly terrible.

And I wasn't "rude" to you, I just thought you were one particular troll who has created a new screen name every time he gets banned.

Advertisement
Back