That’s Lazy Moon

Attachments

• 5505FA8A-7C2D-4A38-9B8A-96C19E653256.jpeg
    5505FA8A-7C2D-4A38-9B8A-96C19E653256.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 5
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m a Psychology major with a big interest in History and Art and a slight drinking problem is any of that a bad thing?
The drinking problem is no big deal but the other three raise questions. Are you interested in History AND Art or just the history of art? The Psychology major usually goes with mental health issues looking for solution. You? On the "craft" booze question, I have a cousin who had a still way out west in swap. If you don't mind fighting a few slimy gators along the way, I see if he is still operating.

Advertisement
Dear lovely people of Vice City,
This all depends on if the season happens but me and some of my Pitt friends plan on flying to Miami in October for the Pitt at Miami game, I’m originally from Orlando, Florida and am in my second year as a Psychology student at Pitt but I’ve never been to Miami and I have some questions:
1. How good is the tailgating and pregame/where should we go in the tailgating lots to get as trashed as possible before the game, I don’t want to have to remember much of our probable like 30-3 loss
2. Best nightlife either near the stadium? Downtown? Miami Beach? Coral Gables?
3. Good museums and stuff to see?
4. Best beach to go to?
5. Best place to get Cuban food?
6. Best place to get Craft Beers?
7. Prices of tickets?
thanks for help! Stay safe Miami bro’s and hope to see yinz in a few months for some good old fashioned football

OK, you've managed to BS long enough, here are the correct answers.

1. Tailgating is fine, they have done a LOT to the parking lots, they now actually serve in the parking lot (assuming since you are flying in that you are not going to have a ton of your own tailgating supplies). Lots open 4 hours before kickoff EXCEPT FOR the Green parking lot, where I have 2 spots, and Green opens 5 hours before kickoff. My suggestion to you is to park in a Yellow lot near Green, take a bridge, and BE NICE to the UM fans in Green, they will be nice back to you and probably even let you eat some of their food, particularly my friends who park in the northwest corner of Green (by the SE corner of the stadium, just look at the map, trust me, it makes sense). HOWEVER, if you want to play it safe (and since you like Lazy Moon), go to Casola's on SW 17th Ave (near US 1) before the game and get a large pie. They're not going to put pineapple on it, and it will be better than Lazy Moon, but it will hold you over while you drive up to the stadium (and I'm assuming you will have the good sense to try to stay in the Gables/Grove/South Beach area).

2. No nightlife near the stadium. If you are going to go out to restaurants, then downtown Miami/Wynwood/Gables/Grove/South Beach are your best bets, and for bars and clubs, Grove/South Beach (and maybe Wynwood too).

3. Good museums? Not exactly my area of specialty, but I've been to the Lowe (on UM campus) many times. This is something you should google, if you have particular tastes, but if you want to do something uniquely Miami, consider going to Vizcaya or the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables.

4. Best beach? Again, if you want to "say you've been there", then consider South Beach. When I was at UM, South Beach was either terrible or JUST starting to make its comeback, so I prefer Crandon and Bill Baggs/Cape Florida, both on Key Biscayne. Or Virginia Key for the views of downtown (not so much "beach" in the classic sense, lots of UM students used to go their after-hours and not-so-legally).

5. Cuban food? The obvious choices are Versailles and La Carreta on 8th Street, but there are LOTS of guys who will be happy to give you their own personal choices. Look, you're 20, you probably won't be spending a whole week, so I'm trying to give you some of the places that are easy to find and have been long-standing landmarks, but there are certainly a ton of great places in Miami.

6. Craft beers? Not my thing, but I would imagine that Wynwood is a good place to start.

7. Price of tickets? Where do you want to sit? You can go upper deck for (probably) $20-$40, depending on whether there is any demand for the game. You can go very high-priced too. If you want to spend closer to $100 (again, depending on demand), you would probably be best suited with seats in Sections 117-119, which is on the away side, but have "club level" access underneath the stadium. It's where the baseball locker rooms used to be, and they turned it into a big sports bar with better quality food & drink. Just walk down to the field level, find the doors, and they'll give you a wristband (full disclosure, my season tickets are in 117).

And stop it with the "yinz" garbage, you're from Florida, act like it.

You know what eat my good vegetarian foodand I’ll see yous guys at the game in October ;) I’ll be still a toothpick and ready for you ****bags, I never turn down a good dawnybrook

OK, you've managed to BS long enough, here are the correct answers.

1. Tailgating is fine, they have done a LOT to the parking lots, they now actually serve in the parking lot (assuming since you are flying in that you are not going to have a ton of your own tailgating supplies). Lots open 4 hours before kickoff EXCEPT FOR the Green parking lot, where I have 2 spots, and Green opens 5 hours before kickoff. My suggestion to you is to park in a Yellow lot near Green, take a bridge, and BE NICE to the UM fans in Green, they will be nice back to you and probably even let you eat some of their food, particularly my friends who park in the northwest corner of Green (by the SE corner of the stadium, just look at the map, trust me, it makes sense). HOWEVER, if you want to play it safe (and since you like Lazy Moon), go to Casola's on SW 17th Ave (near US 1) before the game and get a large pie. They're not going to put pineapple on it, and it will be better than Lazy Moon, but it will hold you over while you drive up to the stadium (and I'm assuming you will have the good sense to try to stay in the Gables/Grove/South Beach area).

2. No nightlife near the stadium. If you are going to go out to restaurants, then downtown Miami/Wynwood/Gables/Grove/South Beach are your best bets, and for bars and clubs, Grove/South Beach (and maybe Wynwood too).

3. Good museums? Not exactly my area of specialty, but I've been to the Lowe (on UM campus) many times. This is something you should google, if you have particular tastes, but if you want to do something uniquely Miami, consider going to Vizcaya or the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables.

4. Best beach? Again, if you want to "say you've been there", then consider South Beach. When I was at UM, South Beach was either terrible or JUST starting to make its comeback, so I prefer Crandon and Bill Baggs/Cape Florida, both on Key Biscayne. Or Virginia Key for the views of downtown (not so much "beach" in the classic sense, lots of UM students used to go their after-hours and not-so-legally).

5. Cuban food? The obvious choices are Versailles and La Carreta on 8th Street, but there are LOTS of guys who will be happy to give you their own personal choices. Look, you're 20, you probably won't be spending a whole week, so I'm trying to give you some of the places that are easy to find and have been long-standing landmarks, but there are certainly a ton of great places in Miami.

6. Craft beers? Not my thing, but I would imagine that Wynwood is a good place to start.

7. Price of tickets? Where do you want to sit? You can go upper deck for (probably) $20-$40, depending on whether there is any demand for the game. You can go very high-priced too. If you want to spend closer to $100 (again, depending on demand), you would probably be best suited with seats in Sections 117-119, which is on the away side, but have "club level" access underneath the stadium. It's where the baseball locker rooms used to be, and they turned it into a big sports bar with better quality food & drink. Just walk down to the field level, find the doors, and they'll give you a wristband (full disclosure, my season tickets are in 117).

And stop it with the "yinz" garbage, you're from Florida, act like it.
Thank you for some real help man I appreciate it! PS, I’ll prob fly into Orlando and drive my Dads car down to Miami if he lets me do I have a tailgate vehicle

Advertisement
Back