Pitt opens as 10 point favorite

Get the same feeling. We're cursed so we'll run the table and finish 8-4.

I don't think Pitt gets caught up in the trap game. Narduzzi is a vet and they're at home with a good number of south florida kids that didn't get a miami offer. Pickett as a 6th year or whatever he is and having a Heisman like season. I think they come out strong.
I think it’s a matter of how we start. If we start well and build a lead, we'll win. If we start slow falling behind by double digits, then it will be a loss because Pitt is going to score 30+ points. We can't dig ourselves a hole. We need to score 35+ to get the win.

Advertisement
I never said we don’t win. I said we don’t play well. We’ve been the better team 95% of the time we’ve played up there and we always sneak away with a lackluster win.
I don't see that happening this year. If this was the 1st conference road game, then I would agree with you.. The guys have already played on the road at UNC. They got a taste of it. They are playing with a sense of urgency. More importantly TVD has road experience and played well in the 2nd half. If he has a good start, we'll be fine.

I expect Pitt to do a lot of blitzing early. However, the Lashlee game plan for NC State will work in the Pitt game. We came out firing a lot of short quick passes then mixed in some deep shots. Pitt plays press man. So, if they blitz, they'll get burned will short passes and the deep ball if they don't get home. Our offensive line did a great job picking up blitzes against NC State. We'll see if they can do it again against Pitt.

I don't see that happening this year. If this was the 1st conference road game, then I would agree with you.. The guys have already played on the road at UNC. They got a taste of it. They are playing with a sense of urgency. More importantly TVD has road experience and played well in the 2nd half. If he has a good start, we'll be fine.

I expect Pitt to do a lot of blitzing early. However, the Lashlee game plan for NC State will work in the Pitt game. We came out firing a lot of short quick passes then mixed in some deep shots. Pitt plays press man. So, if they blitz, they'll get burned will short passes and the deep ball if they don't get home. Our offensive line did a great job picking up blitzes against NC State. We'll see if they can do it again against Pitt.
That’s fine and that’s your opinion. My point about not playing well at Pitt is a fact. Until that changes I will never expect to go up there and beat them handedly. Especially not this year, when they are the better team thus far.

Advertisement
That’s fine and that’s your opinion. My point about not playing well at Pitt is a fact. Until that changes I will never expect to go up there and beat them handedly. Especially not this year, when they are the better team thus far.
I agree they're the better team. However, I don't think either team will run away with the game in hand. It'll be a close game whoever wins.

Pitt Clemson being replayed on espn U.

Tied at 7 with 2 minutes left first half

Advertisement
We've only lost 1 time at Pitt in the last 25 years and that was when we were undefeated under Richt in 2017.

No big deal. Only cost us a #1 ranking going into the ACC championship game. Thanks for dredging up that memory.

malcolm_x_slamming_table.gif

Advertisement
Got the same feeling. The following week we will lose to Ga. Tech, though. It’s the UM way.

Golden and Manny are eerily similar in that they'd win a few games you'd never expect, then lose to the weakest team on schedule. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we beat Pitt then lose to Ga Tech. ... I just want the nightmare to be over, so am stuck rooting against my team one more time. I hate this situation and I hate James and Frenk for putting us in it...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back