Pitt opens as 10 point favorite

Advertisement
With their WR and RB healthy they cover. With them both out we beat them. With the WR playing and the RB out.. Pitt by 4 or less.

Advertisement
It would be priceless if that happened and he called out the lack of support from Blake James as the reason for their struggles.
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Their rb is hurt? I knew 2 guys went out Addison and somebody, thought it was another wr.
Their leading rusher and leading WR suffered a concussion against Clemson. Israel (not even going to try to pronounce his last name)

He's their biggest back too at 215 pounds. Vincent Davis and Rodney Hammond are smaller but are capable. Hammond is a true freshman but he could be a problem if he gets enough touches.

Advertisement
Their leading rusher and leading WR suffered a concussion against Clemson. Israel (not even going to try to pronounce his last name)

He's their biggest back too at 215 pounds. Vincent Davis and Rodney Hammond are smaller but are capable. Hammond is a true freshman but he could be a problem if he gets enough touches.
Pitt shot their load against Clemson. This is a trap game for them. Not even Mark Whoople will be able to overcome the defiant and rejuvenated Manny Diaz.

Pitt shot their load against Clemson. This is a trap game for them. Not even Mark Whoople will be able to overcome the defiant and rejuvenated Manny Diaz.
Get the same feeling. We're cursed so we'll run the table and finish 8-4.

I don't think Pitt gets caught up in the trap game. Narduzzi is a vet and they're at home with a good number of south florida kids that didn't get a miami offer. Pickett as a 6th year or whatever he is and having a Heisman like season. I think they come out strong.

I don't think Pitt gets caught up in the trap game. Narduzzi is a vet and they're at home with a good number of south florida kids that didn't get a miami offer. Pickett as a 6th year or whatever he is and having a Heisman like season. I think they come out strong.
Those South Florida kids who didn't get a UM offer will have a chip on their shoulders, but it will be hard for the rest of their players to get up for this game after they spent so much emotional energy on the Clemson game. UM has a lot of talent and that is why so many fans were so frustrated with the 2-4 start and the Manny Diaz era in general.

Is that really a curse tho?

These boys are playing hard. 2 horrible losses and 2 other nail biters..

If we win out that has to be testament to these players and coaching imo

Advertisement
But we never play well up there. That’s the problem.
We've only lost 1 time at Pitt in the last 25 years and that was when we were undefeated under Richt in 2017.

Advertisement
Is that really a curse tho?

These boys are playing hard. 2 horrible losses and 2 other nail biters..

If we win out that has to be testament to these players and coaching imo
Yes its a curse because its gonna lead to an extension of Manny Diaz and we're gonna be in this 8-4 rut for 5 more years. Lead those in charge to ignore the full resume and all of the losses in his 1st year and the bad losses this year. Just when it feels like the administration is feeling the heat and legitimate change at the top may come.. they get comfortable again.

If he makes it out of this year.. there's another collapse on the horizon because we have 8 high school commits. That's not sustainable.

Wash, rinse, repeat with thinking the freshman class is going to save the program because of how good they look as freshman.. because it's been years since I've seen a group of freshman and sophomores collectively get better as they get older. It's a guy or 2 here or there. Now, if 0, 0, 4, 4, 5, 7, 9, 12, 24, 28, 33, 56, 80, 99 all grow together it'll be something special.

Even then.. we're gonna have to win in spite of coaching because it's been proven our scheme sucks in all phases. That's the curse. Fluke 8-9 win seasons when the writing is on the wall.

We've only lost 1 time at Pitt in the last 25 years and that was when we were undefeated under Richt in 2017.

I never said we don’t win. I said we don’t play well. We’ve been the better team 95% of the time we’ve played up there and we always sneak away with a lackluster win.

There's a hard ceiling with Diaz, he's been stuck there a while. I still can't root for us to lose when the game starts.
Exactly. Hard to do but you know it's the best thing for the program.

I've just found myself not even watching. Just look at the score.

Advertisement
Back