Pitt opens as 10 point favorite

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
we always own Pitt and Pickett will get owned by us once again. we prob roll this team
Pickett beat 10-0 2nd ranked Miami as a freshman and didn't play last year or they likely beat us then too. So he's 1-1 against us.

We make mediocre QBs look like a Heisman on a regular basis. What's an actual Heisman candidate going to do? If he does it without his top target it's gonna look even worse on us.

Just watched the majority of the Clemson game.

Don’t see why they’re so heavily favored. Clemson is just a train wreck.
Pitt scored 27 on the number 9 ranked Clemson D giving up 16.5 a game.

Now they're playing the number 111 ranked D giving up 35 a game. (44.5 a game on the road)

Pitt is averaging scoring 40 a game. And they're at home. Not hard to see why they're heavily favored.

Now they're playing the number 111 ranked D giving up 35 a game. (44.5 a game on the road)

Pitt is averaging scoring 40 a game. And they're at home. Not hard to see why they're heavily favored.

20 points, they had a defensive score, but I get what you’re saying.

We’ll see Saturday!

Advertisement
I don't see that happening this year. If this was the 1st conference road game, then I would agree with you.. The guys have already played on the road at UNC. They got a taste of it. They are playing with a sense of urgency. More importantly TVD has road experience and played well in the 2nd half. If he has a good start, we'll be fine.

I expect Pitt to do a lot of blitzing early. However, the Lashlee game plan for NC State will work in the Pitt game. We came out firing a lot of short quick passes then mixed in some deep shots. Pitt plays press man. So, if they blitz, they'll get burned will short passes and the deep ball if they don't get home. Our offensive line did a great job picking up blitzes against NC State. We'll see if they can do it again against Pitt.
First game where OLine looked ....decent.

Mallory's whiff on the blitz was the only bad spot I recall.
XO guys?

pitts pts per game is skewed playing against 2 northern bum teams like umass if you deep dive into it..they scored 70+ against one of them teams.

Mark Whipple about to carve up some sh*t them crosses...and long bombs are still in the play book.

Advertisement
pitts pts per game is skewed playing against 2 northern bum teams like umass if you deep dive into it..they scored 70+ against one of them teams.

Mark Whipple about to carve up some sh*t them crosses...and long bombs are still in the play book.
Our points allowed are skewed by shutting out CCSU lol

Whipple definitely still the same dude but hey its working for him right now

We are a bad matchup for Pitt and if you read their coaches comments so far this week they know it. I would not be shocked if we win by 2 touchdowns. Just like I wouldn't be shocked if we go down 21-0 in the first 5 minutes.

Really beleive this team has taken on "its us against the world" mentality.

It's a noon game in Pittsburgh, I expect us to come out slow (which outside of NC State has been the norm). Pitt will score, the question is how much and can TVD/Lashlee keep up?

Advertisement
Back