Pinstripe Bowl Field Configuration

Why not play the game at Giants stadium?
Doesn't give fans and players the "NYC experience." Think the Canes played Nebraska in the last Gotham Bowl back in 1962. Temperature at kickoff was 14 degrees. 6,600 in attendance but ... a helluva game. We lost 36-34.

Wonder which hotel will be designated as the "Miami Team Hotel"? Might Amtrak it up from the DC-Balt area.

Advertisement
All things considered, it might be the best possible bowl game a 7-5 ACC Coastal also ran could have hoped for. Yankee Stadium is a cool venue even if the seating arrangements are strange for football and Wisconsin is at least a name brand opponent. New York is just light years better than El Paso or Shreveport.

As if we didn't already have a hard enough time scoring, now our favorite (only) red zone passing play, the fade, poses a risk of risk of having our WRs run into the wall. Since CMR will probably take that out of our playbook for the bowl game, and since we don't really run other pass plays in the red zone, looks like we'll be running the ball exclusively when we get in close...

Advertisement
Look guys, we're lucky to be being a game in the historic 9 year old stadium with lots of college football history like:

yankee-stadium-pinstripe-bowl-do-not-use-for-mm-53482d6ab0d6cdc4.png
WTF kind of a stadium is that?

Advertisement
I was thinking of going up to NYC and staying in Times Square but I dont want to shell out the 250 for the tickets to the game to sit in the Delta Club (no way am I sitting in the uncovered stands).

i will say this, it is better than the gasperilla or that ****** bowl in el paso.

City environment. City crowd. City slickers. This screams Miami favorables....those cow milkers from Wisky will be unfocused and homesick. UM got this: W
The ultimate warm weather kids want to play in subarctic temperatures at a baseball field a million miles away. L-O-L

NYC is an amazing city to visit. Flying up on game day morning and back on Sunday afternoon. Picked up seats in Sec 227B under the overhang in case it's snowing. A lot of Canes alumni are from the Northeast so I expect a good showing from our fans. Stoked for it.
Place is going to be a mausoleum.

Advertisement
#1 media center in the world...you know they will hit this site to get the pulse (or flatline) of the team. Curious to see how they play it nationally

Advertisement
NYC is an amazing city to visit. Flying up on game day morning and back on Sunday afternoon. Picked up seats in Sec 227B under the overhang in case it's snowing. A lot of Canes alumni are from the Northeast so I expect a good showing from our fans. Stoked for it.
Are you sure our side of the field is Section 227B? I'm trying to find out what side to buy.

Anyone know?

A different game day experience. Not much tailgating, but great bars right outside the stadium on 161st Street and along River Avenue.
Also, there’s a Hard Rock Cafe in the Stadium (as you come out of the subway station.)...
Should be a great atmosphere, with a Bronx accent...

Advertisement
Back