Pinckney not playing in the bowl

Advertisement
Wait why wouldn't he play? he's not projected to go in the first 3 rounds and he didn't get an invite to the senior bowl. Where are these kids there advice from.

Advertisement
On the bright side, if enough players do this, it may help usher out the Bowl system and the NCAA (after Marky Mark Emmert is taken out in handcuffs) will in-source the playoffs like FCS, a much better playoff system.
I agree that the FCS system is much better. They play a 16 team tournament. Even an 8 game playoff would be better than 4. Five Power 5 conference champions and the next 3 highest rated teams or include the highest ranked non P5 and the top 2 rated teams not conference champions.

Coaches like Saban are FOS complaining that an expanded playoff would be too many games for the players. With an 8 team playoff, only 2 teams would play 1 more game and those are the 2 teams that make it to the championship game. Meanwhile, NDSU plays in the FCS Championship year in and year out. That's 4 postseason games to win an FCS Natty. 16 games (12 reg + 4 playoff) vs 15 (12 reg + 1 conf champ + 2 playoff) for the FBS Natty. No complaints from NDSU. They say, "Just give us our **** trophy!!!"

Whenever it takes 4 full years for your starting LB to lose a beer belly and finally look like somewhat of a football player... There's a major problem. I've said it from the beginning, he was apart of that "cancer" our coach talks about so much(dispite him having that "dog" mentality). I seen it since his freshman yr. Btw, this statement has nothing to do with him not playing in this trash a$$ game.

I understand it from his prospective, and really any player who is going to be a top round draft pick... but he is not. I would get the additional film if I was him, but I get it. Best of luck to him.

Better not burn McCloud’s redshirt on this
I agree with you. To piggy back off of what you said, he was just unimpressive to me this year. The Linebackers as a whole did nothing for me. They were stable. That's about as much praise i can give them.

Advertisement
Wait why wouldn't he play? he's not projected to go in the first 3 rounds and he didn't get an invite to the senior bowl. Where are these kids there advice from.

East/West Bowl and hes played hurt all season why would he play? Guess you forgot due to injury he missed games this year.

Advertisement
I don't have a problem at all with players sitting out bowl games, I thank him for his effort during his time here. I don't hold Pinck or Shaq in high regards in terms of play on the field, but I'm very interested in seeing how the LBs will perform the next couple of years. I have a suspicion that the reason they are exposed so many times per game is on the Scheme and not the players, if this is proved I will rethink my opinion on both of them

Nice of him to let the team down one more time.
This was perfection

I agree that the FCS system is much better. They play a 16 team tournament. Even an 8 game playoff would be better than 4. Five Power 5 conference champions and the next 3 highest rated teams or include the highest ranked non P5 and the top 2 rated teams not conference champions.
We rarely have 4 great teams to put in the playoff and now you want 8?

Advertisement
87B6AAF1-0D12-443A-99DF-0664DE4AA983.gif

Sad really. You got a guy who has started his whole career at Miami blowing off the bowl game in his senior year. On the one hand its understandable that a kid bails, but it sure isnt a good look all the way around.

Juedy playing even though they are out of the playoffs and he's a first rounder. thats all i will say. wont bash him. next man up. time for brooks to eat. Ragone is not going to start btw last game pink went down brooks came in.
Wrong mentality on this team, kids been caring more about the draft than the season all year. This hasn’t been such a great year for any of our early departures so I’m not really sure why they think should sit out when they need all of the good film they can get

Last edited:
Pinckney was a very good player for Miami.

Started 49 games, 267 tackles, 42 TFLs and 14.5 sacks. He was a key part of the turnaround on defense. Wish him all the best in the NFL.

Hate when players miss the bowl but excited to see what Sam Brooks can do.

Advertisement
Back