Piecing together Richt's staff (with updates)

That is an impressive pedigree, though I'm thinking his next stop will be at a non-power five program.

Good find. I don't know much about it. Will have to read up on him.

Something to monitor, not sure whether or not to look into it but

There are reports that UGA ILB coach Mike Ekeler has accepted a DC job at another school, and will not coach the bowl game.

Athens Banner Herald Mobile | Georgia News Digital Advertising Athens Banner-Herald Newspaper UGA Bulldogs

Doesn't look like he's been a DC before. Nice pedigree, though - LB coach at Nebraska under Pelini, worked with Pelini at LSU as well. Got his start with Stoops at OU. Played at K-State under Snyder.

Advertisement
Good find. I don't know much about it. Will have to read up on him.

Something to monitor, not sure whether or not to look into it but

There are reports that UGA ILB coach Mike Ekeler has accepted a DC job at another school, and will not coach the bowl game.

Athens Banner Herald Mobile | Georgia News Digital Advertising Athens Banner-Herald Newspaper UGA Bulldogs

I dont see where that says he accepted a DC job... just another job.

@UGAFootballLive

#UGA ILB coach Mike Ekeler pursuing another position elsewhere as a DC. Will not coach in bowl game, per @dawgnation

Although, it's probably at a smaller school.

My thinking also.

According to "Football Scoop" the reason we don't hear about many staff changes is that guys will stay with their current team/staff in order to earn the bowl bonus check. Bowl bonus checks are larger now than in the past. Once the bowl game is over, they will agree to new deals that are "suddenly offered” from another team.

Also, with the recruiting dead period now, it isn't as imperative for them to join the new club right away. You can't have any meaningful contact during the dead period so why not stay and earn that check. It also may partially explain why CMR hasn't fired anybody on the current staff. Let them earn that bonus check first.

Advertisement
According to "Football Scoop" the reason we don't hear about many staff changes is that guys will stay with their current team/staff in order to earn the bowl bonus check. Bowl bonus checks are larger now than in the past. Once the bowl game is over, they will agree to new deals that are "suddenly offered” from another team.

Also, with the recruiting dead period now, it isn't as imperative for them to join the new club right away. You can't have any meaningful contact during the dead period so why not stay and earn that check. It also may partially explain why CMR hasn't fired anybody on the current staff. Let them earn that bonus check first.

This makes perfect sense, but then again all of the other "BIG" schools have hired most of their staffs already.......................

This makes perfect sense, but then again all of the other "BIG" schools have hired most of their staffs already.......................

Uga hasn't.............

Advertisement
Anyone hear anything about Darren Krein as the new strength and conditioning coach? Does he every stop by the U?

I know it's fun and not realistic or even smart, but how cool would it be to have Kevin Patrick and Darren Krein back at the U. ****, Hurlie is already here, bring back Barrow and you got the old gang back.

Advertisement
Brother Richt is assembling a monster staff behind the scenes....trust me everyone will be happy. Stuart Miller and the gang and doling out the big bucks this time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back