Piecing together Richt's staff (with updates)

Advertisement
I imagine we will hear at least one position announcement before the week is out.

Taxslayer Bowl? Taxslayer Bowl ?!?!!??? Is that the one where the halftime show is 150 IRS agents spelling out "AUDIT" on the field? Wonder who gets to dot the "i"?

Would the only reason to keep Beard be for Bruce / recruiting purposes? I'm hope Richt retains him unless there's a better option with the ties Beard has to S. Fla

Coley should be offered a recruiting position of some sort, and if he declines then so be it

Personally I think it's a mistake to label Beard solely as a recruiter. I think Beard is better at coaching his position than people give him credit for. Is he irreplaceable? Of course not, but I think he's done a good job with our WRs in addition to his recruiting acumen.

Advertisement
I like what Beard was going w/ the WR.

They was a marked improvement (at least in my opinion) w/r/t technique and footwork.

The coaching they got was much better than what McClendon was handing out in UGA - that's for sure.

Advertisement
I like what Beard was going w/ the WR.

They was a marked improvement (at least in my opinion) w/r/t technique and footwork.

The coaching they got was much better than what McClendon was handing out in UGA - that's for sure.

I feel like the routes & breaks have been sharper this year. I don't know if it has to do with overcoming injuries or this group of receivers, or if it's Beard's influence, or maybe it's both.

WR has been a bright spot, tho.

SIAP, John Lilly named OC, and Kevin Sherrer named DC for UGA's bowl game per UGA 247.

Mark and Butch both made it clear that a food of coaches were contacting them about positions. Think about how many assistant coaches end up getting NFL HC jobs later WHEN Miami has a good Head Coach. THE U has been gateway to NFL for players and coaches alike. If we get rolling again, all eyes will be on our practice fields once again. For years we were one stop shopping for NFL. Just having Kaaya at QB got a lot of looks for other players.

Advertisement
Good find. I don't know much about it. Will have to read up on him.

Something to monitor, not sure whether or not to look into it but

There are reports that UGA ILB coach Mike Ekeler has accepted a DC job at another school, and will not coach the bowl game.

Athens Banner Herald Mobile | Georgia News Digital Advertising Athens Banner-Herald Newspaper UGA Bulldogs

Doesn't look like he's been a DC before. Nice pedigree, though - LB coach at Nebraska under Pelini, worked with Pelini at LSU as well. Got his start with Stoops at OU. Played at K-State under Snyder.

Advertisement

There are reports that UGA ILB coach Mike Ekeler has accepted a DC job at another school, and will not coach the bowl game.

Athens Banner Herald Mobile | Georgia News Digital Advertising Athens Banner-Herald Newspaper UGA Bulldogs

I dont see where that says he accepted a DC job... just another job.

@UGAFootballLive

#UGA ILB coach Mike Ekeler pursuing another position elsewhere as a DC. Will not coach in bowl game, per @dawgnation

Although, it's probably at a smaller school.

I think Bama needs a LB coach ...

Wonder if that's where he lands?

Advertisement
Back