Piecing together Richt's staff (with updates)

Don't know much about McClendon or Lilly, what do you guys think about them?
Lily is the recruiting coordinator at Uga and te coach, held same position with Bowden at fsu, McClendon is Uga running backs coach/interim head coach and a top 25 recruiter

Advertisement
I don't think richt goes after him, but Raheem Morris is a guy I could get behind. I think richt goes for someone w/ more play calling experience & 1 or 2 degrees of seperation

Reading the tea leaves, I have a hard time seeing Kevin Beard on the next staff. There are certain coaches Mark Richt has been seen publicly with and to my knowledge the Richt and Beard haven't been seen together in public since he's been out locking up the EEs.

We all know Mark D'Onofrio, Paul Williams and Randy Melvin haven't been on the trail, they already know they are done at UM.

Hurlie Brown, Ice Harris, Art Kehoe, James Coley and Larry Scott have been out doing their thing for UM with Richt.

Unless, somebody else has better intel, I'm leaning on KB being shown the door after the bowl game.

I don't expect any of the defensive coaches back, except for possibly Hurley.

KB and Paul Williams were at the Flangan vs Columbus Game. They were on the Columbus sideline with: Kareem Brown, Ice Harris, and a few players.

Seriously, if what I'm reading is true, WTF is Kehoe being retained?! Did He really need half uh phuckin' season to realize Gall was garbage?!

Advertisement
Don't assume anything. That's what they're being paid to do right now.

New Hurricane coach Mark Richt's first in-home visit?
The beneficiary was LB Zach McCloud - a former UM commitment - and his family.
Richt, Hurlie Brown and Larry Scott were on hand for the one-and-a-half-hour meeting.

Looks like Scott and Brown are staying.

Only GA assistants that attended senior gala with Richt were McClendon, Lily, and Rocker. They others where either at an on campus recruiting event or not on campus at all. Read into that what you will.

Last edited:
Sorry if this was already discussed in this thread

What evidence is there that Scott can effectively coach OL? I noticed that post #1 lists him and Kehoe as the most likely to coach OL.

I looked through Scott's coaching bio and I could only find one year of coaching OL at USF then back to coaching TE or RB there and TE here.

Advertisement
I've Read in this Thread....

Dan Quinn is possible returning to college as Miami DC after being a NFL Head Coach for ONE YEAR...

Ed Orgeron should be an Defensive Coord because he was a HC and that automatically makes him qualified to run the Defense...

Every Former Miami Hurricane should be a Position coach regardless whether they've ever coached before ...

What the **** is everyone Smoking?!?! Some of you newbies on here.... Good Grief

JC

Dan Quinn is possible returning to college as Miami DC after being a NFL Head Coach for ONE YEAR...

Ed Orgeron should be an Defensive Coord because he was a HC and that automatically makes him qualified to run the Defense...

Every Former Miami Hurricane should be a Position coach regardless whether they've ever coached before ...

What the **** is everyone Smoking?!?! Some of you newbies on here.... Good Grief

JC

Well said!

JC

Well said!
So would you rather bring in Mel tucker from bama who was the dc of the Chicago Bears and got fired there than someone than Ed Orgeron who can at least recruit and you'll be taking the same risk promoting any other position coach??

JC

Well said!
So would you rather bring in Mel tucker from bama who was the dc of the Chicago Bears and got fired there than someone than Ed Orgeron who can at least recruit and you'll be taking the same risk promoting any other position coach??

Who the **** said I wanted Mel Tucker?.... And Why would I want a Mel Tucker? Are you serious with this?

JC

Advertisement

JC

Well said!

Who the **** said I wanted Mel Tucker?.... And Why would I want a Mel Tucker? Are you serious with this?

JC
I was using an example...

L

JC

Well said!

JC
I was using an example...

Very poor example

JC

BEST POST OF THE DAY... CONGRATS!!!!!

Advertisement
Nobody wanted Mel tucker. Ok, maybe a knuckle headed poster but whenever his name was mentioned the vast majority of posters said no way. As for oregeron, I'd love him on this staff as DLC. No more first time coordinators, please.

Nobody wanted Mel tucker. Ok, maybe a knuckle headed poster but whenever his name was mentioned the vast majority of posters said no way. As for oregeron, I'd love him on this staff as DLC. No more first time coordinators, please.
I know you know what your talking about because I've read your posts so maybe you'll understand what I'm saying. I don't want a first time coordinator either but I don't think there's one worth interviewing who doesn't have a better job hence me bringing up Orgeron because it'll be taking the same risk if you bring in any other position coach. Sorry I just don't Brett venables, gene chizik, or any one of that status leaving

Last edited:
Only GA assistants that attended senior gala with Richt were McClendon, Lily, and Rocker. They others where either at an on campus recruiting event or not on campus at all. Read into that what you will.

Meanwhile, several members of Georgia coaching staff remain in limbo. John Lilly, Bryan McClendon and Tracy Rocker are among those who haven’t been designated an assignment beyond the Taxslayer Bowl. It’s safe to say some of them may end up with him at “The U.”

“We’ll let everybody know when the time comes,” he said.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/mark-richt-the-whole-thing-was-the-right-time

Advertisement
Back