NFL Philly Birds Talk

Advertisement
IMO Hurts is QB1 next year. small contract will allow for FAs in key areas
get Allen Robinson
draft DE
somehow get Sauce Gardener
I'd be happy as ****

Howie did well with the 2021 draft but before that he was pretty spotty. Hopefully he doesn't pull any bonehead moves in the 1st or 2nd rounds. We definitely need another WR on the other side of Devante and then need lots of help on defense. Hopefully it's 1 of the 1st round picks on a WR and then other 2 in the 1st round and the 2nd round on defense. I could also see him trading one of the 1st round picks for a 1 next year.

Gannon's defense scares me to be honest as he just seems to be way too passive. But maybe that's just because of the players he had/didn't have. And honestly the jury is still out on Nick's offensive play calling as well. Maybe it was just Hurts playing poorly on Saturday but it sure didn't seem like we came out with a great offensive game plan on Sunday.

Advertisement
Howie did well with the 2021 draft but before that he was pretty spotty. Hopefully he doesn't pull any bonehead moves in the 1st or 2nd rounds. We definitely need another WR on the other side of Devante and then need lots of help on defense. Hopefully it's 1 of the 1st round picks on a WR and then other 2 in the 1st round and the 2nd round on defense. I could also see him trading one of the 1st round picks for a 1 next year.

Gannon's defense scares me to be honest as he just seems to be way too passive. But maybe that's just because of the players he had/didn't have. And honestly the jury is still out on Nick's offensive play calling as well. Maybe it was just Hurts playing poorly on Saturday but it sure didn't seem like we came out with a great offensive game plan on Sunday.

I don't know who's drafting the WRs lately (I'm sure you heard the rumors about Lurie being involved), but they suck balls at doing it. I don't trust them when it comes to WR drafting.

on Gannon, Hurts and NIck, I TOTALLY agree with you and have said the exact same things. first off, I hope someone takes Gannon as a head coach. While we can all agree that he didn't have much to work with, he hasn't shown that he as a D Cord made a difference either, same passive bullchit.

I'm really torn with Nick/Hurts. IMO, Hurts has shown me his deficiencies....bad pocket presence, reading a defense, late getting the ball out...etc, but Nick doesn't get a pass either. Is one the cause of the other? Once we get better talent, we'll probably be able to determine that.

Gannon sucks
Hurts sucks
Roseman sucks
Siriani offense looks like a HS offense.

For the first time since Ray Rhoades and Kotiite I feel we’re severely ****ed.
We overachieved this season. 2nd youngest team in the NFL & the youngest coaching staff. We made the playoffs year 1 with a QB that can’t read the field or make NFL level throws. Howie Roseman is arguably the best GM in the league. We have trade/draft assets (3 1st rounders) & plenty cap space. Howie will make a move for a big time franchise QB & other pieces this off-season. I personally think this season was a win our staff showed they can coach/scheme rallied from 2-5 to make the playoffs.

We overachieved this season. 2nd youngest team in the NFL & the youngest coaching staff. We made the playoffs year 1 with a QB that can’t read the field or make NFL level throws. Howie Roseman is arguably the best GM in the league. We have trade/draft assets (3 1st rounders) & plenty cap space. Howie will make a move for a big time franchise QB & other pieces this off-season. I personally think this season was a win our staff showed they can coach/scheme rallied from 2-5 to make the playoffs.
Who’s drafting these guys? Still Howie? This team has had the same issues since I can remember. No edge rusher even though we draft them , horrible lb’s going back years and meh cb’s minus Slay. We have a coach running a HS offense that doesn’t want to use his best weapon until everyone started clowning him. You might be young but I’m an old man that’s been watching this team since 87-88. It’s a poorly ran franchise , just look at the way they treated Peterson. That gets around the league and that’s why we ended up with Siriani. No coach worth his salt wants to be micro managed by a **** and a clueless owner who now thinks he’s Jerry Jones.

This year was smoke in mirrors. Howie isn’t going anywhere so like I said “ we’re likely f’d. We need a new gm that‘ll draft well and let the coach coach. Not call him up to the office on Monday and break him down like he has a clue about x’s / o’s. To think at one time this was considered a great franchise and now it’s viewed as a dysfunctional mess. Oh and Hurts was beyond a reach in the draft. Dom‘t even get me started on the Reagor pick lol.

It’s a clown show.

Advertisement
Did this guy just say “ Howie Roseman is arguably the best gm in the nfl”? I can’t believe I just typed all this out without catching that. I can’t even carry on this conversation after that lol, not even Howies mom thinks that. My god.

Advertisement
We made the playoffs 4 times out the last 5 seasons & won a SB. We are a perennial playoff team without a franchise QB. Howie Roseman won executive of the year in 2017 & is in the running for the award again this season. Howie set the eagles up for long term success. Russ Wilson or DeShaun Watson will be an Eagle in a few months.

Advertisement
How are the Eagles a clown show? Top 3 O-line in the NFL, draft assets, & cap space. We weren’t winning a SB with Wentz or Hurts at QB. Howie did the right move you’ll see after the Wilson/Watson trade.

Gannon sucks
Hurts sucks
Roseman sucks
Siriani offense looks like a HS offense.

For the first time since Ray Rhoades and Kotiite I feel we’re severely ****ed.
I agree with a couple of caveats.

1) Gannon - it’s tough to have a defense look good in 2021 when the DBs suck (caveat for slay but dude is going to hit age wall in 1/2 years), the LBs suck, and the DEs are best rotational guys at best on a decent team. All excuses aside his strategy of soft zones against accurate QBs is mind boggling. I’d rather risk getting torched deep than slow walked down the field on 7 yard pitch and catch dinkers with 70 percent plus completion rates.

2) Hurts seems unfixable to me. I’m not a professional coach nor do I know all things football, but I’ve never seen a guy who can’t anticipate at all and has zero sense of timing turning all around. Hurts doesn’t have the mental metronome that says ok now throw it to that empty spot.

3) Roseman - is Grima Wormtongue for lord of the rings fans.

4) the offense is likely JV because of #2 above. Just pray #3 doesn’t deal away all our first to get Wilson because that ***** us and we can’t fix #1. Although #3s prior drafting is why #s 1,2 and 4 are all ****ed.

Advertisement
Back