NFL Philly Birds Talk

Cox gets cut after Howie extended him and now we have multi year cap hit.

And Howie gets extended?

Howie should have traded cox 2 years ago when we could have gotten a return.

Advertisement
Bird gang; how y’all feel about the draft?

I had Davis as a top 5 talent personally so I like the pick. He’s going to command double teams and should open up opportunities for others.

I liked the trade for brown. I know some will point to his injury history but if Howie took the same pick as tennesse at 18 I’d have killed myself. Burks looks like a bust too me. Looks like a slightly better version of a second round bust we drafted actually.

Love getting a guy who looks like a perennial prow bowler to replace Kelce. Him and ****erson should have the interior OL set for a decade. Dean in the third round is pure value.

The draft tells me that the eagles are not invested in Hurts at all tho. We took best player and everyone other than brown is a developmental pick who may sit behind starters or in the case of Dean be banged up and rehabing.

We have a good enough squad to challenge in our abysmal division and the assets to go for a QB next year of needed (spoiler, it will be needed unless the Holy Ghost touches our boy).

Late round picks: meh doubt they make the roster but such is life.

CB and Saftey still FUBAR.

Advertisement
I would have preferred Hamilton over Davis personally, I think he would be the more impactful addition, at least in the short term. I liked everything I heard about that young man.

But Davis is no slouch either, obviously. Big time talent.

Trade for Brown was massive.

But quite possibly the most important piece happened before the draft by adding another first next year. TVD….come on down

I would have preferred Hamilton over Davis personally, I think he would be the more impactful addition, at least in the short term. I liked everything I heard about that young man.

But Davis is no slouch either, obviously. Big time talent.

Trade for Brown was massive.

But quite possibly the most important piece happened before the draft by adding another first next year. TVD….come on down
Yeah I’d have been good with either TBH. I think Davis has the potential to be a Cox / A Donald level player, but there is a lot of projection in that hype LOL.

I have a theory that big safety’s who can man up hybrid TEs will be the future and Hamilton is the prototype for that theory.

Yeah I’d have been good with either TBH. I think Davis has the potential to be a Cox / A Donald level player, but there is a lot of projection in that hype LOL.

I have a theory that big safety’s who can man up hybrid TEs will be the future and Hamilton is the prototype for that theory.
They traded a lot of picks this year and are set up for the next draft to have an opportunity to get a QB via trades. I believe there are going to be 3-4 highly rated QBs in next year’s draft.

I didn’t even mention the Nakobe Dean pick…that is potentially the biggest steal of the draft. Obviously the pec injury scared the entire league off, but I am glad Howie had the guts to make that pick when he fell to us in the third.

Even if he’s rehabbing and unable to play right away I think he is a huge addition and that pick had to be made at that point.

Advertisement
I didn’t even mention the Nakobe Dean pick…that is potentially the biggest steal of the draft. Obviously the pec injury scared the entire league off, but I am glad Howie had the guts to make that pick when he fell to us in the third.

Even if he’s rehabbing and unable to play right away I think he is a huge addition and that pick had to be made at that point.
Dean is gonna be a steal.

Oh. Jarrid Williams signed with Philly as an UFA. Finally got a Cane on the team besides Stoutland. Lol. Williams is gonna benefit going to Philly with Stiutland as coach. I believe he's gonna stick and have a punchers chance of being Lane's replacement and maybe be so good he can be put 6th man and trade Dillard.

Howie surprised me this year. I got so un-sober to prepare for disappointment and not care. Didn't know I was doing a pretty celebration.
Hamilton was who I wanted at the pick, but Dacis is an enigma. I think he's gonna do **** good.

But that trade for AJ let me know that Howie wasn't effing up this draft so I quit worrying.
And looking a who he drafted, it was smart of me to just let him do his thing.

Dean is gonna be a steal.

Oh. Jarrid Williams signed with Philly as an UFA. Finally got a Cane on the team besides Stoutland. Lol. Williams is gonna benefit going to Philly with Stiutland as coach. I believe he's gonna stick and have a punchers chance of being Lane's replacement and maybe be so good he can be put 6th man and trade Dillard.

Howie surprised me this year. I got so un-sober to prepare for disappointment and not care. Didn't know I was doing a pretty celebration.
Hamilton was who I wanted at the pick, but Dacis is an enigma. I think he's gonna do **** good.

But that trade for AJ let me know that Howie wasn't effing up this draft so I quit worrying.
And looking a who he drafted, it was smart of me to just let him do his thing.

I think Jarrid to Philly is a sneaky good fit. Long. Athletic. Looks like a modern day tackle.

I forget he was our highest graded player:
1651428753561.png

Williams, Carson Strong, Jobe and the Clemson QB are strong UDFA pick ups. I think Jobe makes the roster snd Strong has a massive arm. I could see him starting by November if Hurts does what I expect him to do, which is suck.

Williams, Carson Strong, Jobe and the Clemson QB are strong UDFA pick ups. I think Jobe makes the roster snd Strong has a massive arm. I could see him starting by November if Hurts does what I expect him to do, which is suck.
Do you think we pick up the honey badger?

Our linebacker corps is gonna be actually sneaky good. It all depends on the development of Davis, but what helps is that there are no slouches on our DL, they all have high motors and don't quit.

I can't stand 15 yard Barnett, but his career trajectory reminds me a lil bit of Brandon Graham. Maybe the light bulb comes on for him and he g gets me 15 yard penalties.
Kyzir White is gonna be very good and his play will be highlighted in this defense, he can cover and always around the ball and can tackle.
Jalen Tebow has help now. AJ can make him look good as much as he can, he's big (6'1 225) and can win 50/50 underthrown balls. I think he improves a little bit, but not enough and Howie makes a move into the top ten and targets our guy Tyler Van Dimes.
Boogie is good, but he stays injured, we may need to look for a new RB1 IMO.

We look pretty good on paper.

Advertisement
Do you think we pick up the honey badger?

Our linebacker corps is gonna be actually sneaky good. It all depends on the development of Davis, but what helps is that there are no slouches on our DL, they all have high motors and don't quit.

I can't stand 15 yard Barnett, but his career trajectory reminds me a lil bit of Brandon Graham. Maybe the light bulb comes on for him and he g gets me 15 yard penalties.
Kyzir White is gonna be very good and his play will be highlighted in this defense, he can cover and always around the ball and can tackle.
Jalen Tebow has help now. AJ can make him look good as much as he can, he's big (6'1 225) and can win 50/50 underthrown balls. I think he improves a little bit, but not enough and Howie makes a move into the top ten and targets our guy Tyler Van Dimes.
Boogie is good, but he stays injured, we may need to look for a new RB1 IMO.

We look pretty good on paper.
I think we lack too much on the edge and in the secondary to be a really dominate defense. “It’s always him” Barnett is only ok now because he’s on a bargain deal. I agree we did well in free agency and draft at LB.

Getting Jobe as a UDFA is huge IMO. He can play press man in the league at a decent level. Not a world beater, but won’t get clowned every down.

I think defenses are going to be very aggressive with Hurts and bet he can’t beat them deep. I think they will be correct. Teams with top 15 defenses will give us fits because they will be able to take away the running game.

WR game should be vastly improved. I half expect reagor to at least contribute this year but that may be crazy. Hes WR5 right now so we up.

We feasted beating bad teams last year and between the NFC East and the AFC south this year, we’ll play a lot of bad teams. I can see us 7-10 but also 10-7.

Advertisement
Boys Howie is crushing the off season. He has some dog draft picks so who knows how this class actually plays out but he’s back.

Advertisement
Back