Phillips > Rousseau

Advertisement
No. no no no no no.

Ros is going to be a 1st round draft pick for a reason.

He was explosive and had a good first step.

Not saying Phillips can't be that guy, but he is definately not better than Ros.

Had Ros stayed...we would've had them both.

:O

Advertisement
Goes without saying, but man I would have LOVED to see them on the field at the same time. We were robbed.

Phillips obviously is An elite talent and is really coming on but some of you are starting to undersell what rousseau did last year. he played like a freak of nature in most of the games. He had at least 3 performances like the one Phillips had today

Stop. But that bend on the sack was R15 like. Phillips lacks either the ability or willingness to bend the edge.

GR had NFL level LB’s behind him to give him all those opportunities last year

who does Phillips have this year besides Nesta?

Advertisement
Phillips is the undisputed DISRUPTOR of this Canes D.

We get our asses torn open this game if it wasn't for him...

Making plays ALLL GAME...

Even Rousseau couldn't do that.
Listen sweetheart, Phillips has been a beast, and I thank God he's on the field right now. But GR15 will still get drafted ahead of him even without playing this season.
And honestly that's not a knock on Phillips but just a fact of how good GR15 is

schitts creek wtf GIF by CBC

Advertisement
Despite all the monkey-poo thrown at me for this post.... lookie look now:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/jaelan-phillips-5-in-cbs-mock-draft.166272/

Who wants to put a bet down about that Phillips goes before Roussea?

AGAIN-- i'm a fan of both players and hope they both go as high as possible....

But the original post was an analysis i was making between a 4yr player who is proving himself season after season and overcoming injuries to dominate his position....

While a 1yr player in GR15 showed LESS THAN 1 year of flash dominance before shutting himself down.... NFL scouts are going to be nervous about giving Rousseau a HIGH pick because he decided against showing what he can do over time and in difficult circumstances... Rousseau cost himself many millions for his first contract.

#1-- Take home message to players: don't puss out on playing time-- especially if you are a great player.

#2-- Take home message to Canes coaches: do everything you can to get these players to play well into Junior/Senior years to get their "max contract" opportunity.

Miami has suffered from 20 yrs of players going early--- drafting low and costing Canes many years of potential success. This has got to change...

WE NEED MORE PHILLIPS/QUARTERMANS AND LESS ROUSSEAUS FOR MIAMI TO DOMINATE!

Rousseau is a once in a lifetime freak athlete.

6-7 and still able to easily add weight. Played off the ball in high school.

His length and natural pass rushing ability are rare.

Phillips is a bit more physical than Rousseau but doesn’t have that freakish pass rush upside.

It’s fun to have this argument about two Canes DEs.

Advertisement
Despite all the monkey-poo thrown at me for this post.... lookie look now:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/jaelan-phillips-5-in-cbs-mock-draft.166272/

Who wants to put a bet down about that Phillips goes before Roussea?

AGAIN-- i'm a fan of both players and hope they both go as high as possible....

But the original post was an analysis i was making between a 4yr player who is proving himself season after season and overcoming injuries to dominate his position....

While a 1yr player in GR15 showed LESS THAN 1 year of flash dominance before shutting himself down.... NFL scouts are going to be nervous about giving Rousseau a HIGH pick because he decided against showing what he can do over time and in difficult circumstances... Rousseau cost himself many millions for his first contract.

#1-- Take home message to players: don't puss out on playing time-- especially if you are a great player.

#2-- Take home message to Canes coaches: do everything you can to get these players to play well into Junior/Senior years to get their "max contract" opportunity.

Miami has suffered from 20 yrs of players going early--- drafting low and costing Canes many years of potential success. This has got to change...

WE NEED MORE PHILLIPS/QUARTERMANS AND LESS ROUSSEAUS FOR MIAMI TO DOMINATE!
Ugh why are you back?

Advertisement
Back