Phillips > Rousseau

Advertisement
All I can think about is they never got to play together at Miami, and how special
That DL could’ve been.

I don't think the record would be different today. Even with Rosseau, Miami still probably doesn't beat Clemson. That also might have meant fewer snaps for Phillips, so his draft stock wouldn't be as sky high as it is right now.

However, if we had both this weekend, I think it would make a big difference against UNC. It's still possible that Phillips and Roche will make Howell miserable, but Phillips plus GR15 would have given him nightmares.

Advertisement
Despite all the monkey-poo thrown at me for this post.... lookie look now:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/jaelan-phillips-5-in-cbs-mock-draft.166272/

Who wants to put a bet down about that Phillips goes before Roussea?

AGAIN-- i'm a fan of both players and hope they both go as high as possible....

But the original post was an analysis i was making between a 4yr player who is proving himself season after season and overcoming injuries to dominate his position....

While a 1yr player in GR15 showed LESS THAN 1 year of flash dominance before shutting himself down.... NFL scouts are going to be nervous about giving Rousseau a HIGH pick because he decided against showing what he can do over time and in difficult circumstances... Rousseau cost himself many millions for his first contract.

#1-- Take home message to players: don't puss out on playing time-- especially if you are a great player.

#2-- Take home message to Canes coaches: do everything you can to get these players to play well into Junior/Senior years to get their "max contract" opportunity.

Miami has suffered from 20 yrs of players going early--- drafting low and costing Canes many years of potential success. This has got to change...

WE NEED MORE PHILLIPS/QUARTERMANS AND LESS ROUSSEAUS FOR MIAMI TO DOMINATE!
(I hate it when posters agendas are to pit Canes against Canes because of a twisted sense of “player loyalty”; GP is a turncoat for playing more games than JP? Stupid!) Here’s Rousseau (below) as a 4th pick.

I hope both of these guys get picked top-5, but to attempt to poison the well of fan sentiment against GR15…that’s low.

They are both not only physical freaks (Phillips is taller than every one else on the field each week), but they are both proven gamers! I'm going to guess that combine numbers will determine who goes first. I don't think Rousseau will have a choice not to participate in most, if not all relevant activities, given his extremely limited history, and I see Phillips welcoming the challenge. They are both incredible talents and not watching them play together this year is my second greatest sports regret. The first was not getting to watch Shawn Kemp at UK. It's hard to imagine what those two raptors coming off the edge would have looked like at the college level. It would have been sick imagery in the pocket!

Why does everyone hate you so much? You seem like a nice, perfectly reasonable fella.

Well at CIS there's the "i need to be liked" crowd and the "i'm gonna speak my truth" crowd...

I'm part of second crowd. And if people can't handle that other people have opinions different than theirs-- i say *** 'em and move on.

I've been watching the Canes since '87 and knew many of the players from 88-95 personally as a student trainer and tutor....CIS haters and mopes don't bother me.

The problem that i see you Mods have at CIS is not being able to detect the sh*t throwers early enough before they provoke people to respond back at them. As in football-- usually the 2nd guy throwing the punch get's the flag..... as was in my case a couple times. If Mods cared to do any digging, you'd see i have never attacked anyone first. I usually post my perspectives and calls and watch all the haters roll in... When they post stupidity, i take advantage of that to show them their stupidity back. Even your Mods (Fisch) jumps in with personal attacks.... And when i responded to him in kind-- he bans me....

Makes CIS look bad when Mods are part of the hater crowd and get to push the ban buttons as well when they don't like sh*t thrown back at them.....

(I hate it when posters agendas are to pit Canes against Canes because of a twisted sense of “player loyalty”; GP is a turncoat for playing more games than JP? Stupid!) Here’s Rousseau (below) as a 4th pick.

I hope both of these guys get picked top-5, but to attempt to poison the well of fan sentiment against GR15…that’s low.

You must have missed the BOLDED: "I'm a fan of both" comment....

The topic is not about trashing players... it's about grading between them and their approach to being challenged by difficult circumstances.

Phillips has battled for YEARS to play at this level.

Rousseau folded his tent after ONE year of success.

Persistence, courage, and determination to overcome obstacles is a requirement to survive for long in the NFL...

Just sayin...

Advertisement

The topic is not about trashing players... it's about grading between them and their approach to being challenged by difficult circumstances.

Persistence, courage, and determination to overcome obstacles is a requirement to survive for long in the NFL...

Just sayin...

what will come into play with phillips is health and his decision to walk away from football at UCLA. i do think phillips is better against the run and if he caem back, hed be a top 5 pick

Just sayin...
See, that’s the bull**** right there^

”battled” don’t mean **** to an NFL GM. That’s NOT being a “fan of both”. That’s a critic of one.

See, that’s the bull**** right there^

”battled” don’t mean **** to an NFL GM. That’s NOT being a “fan of both”. That’s a critic of one.

I said fan to both....didn't I?

But BIGGER fan to the one who workers longer and harder for his team...

As i said-- If Miami had more Phillips on it's team and less Rousseau's we'd actually be in the NC hunt regularly like Clemson/Bama -- who also keep their kids in the game for 3-4yrs for them....

Rousseau BAILED after 1 yr in the WORST LOSING SEASON in Canes history..... are we celebrating THAT?

I said fan to both....didn't I?

But BIGGER fan to the one who workers longer and harder for his team...

As i said-- If Miami had more Phillips on it's team and less Rousseau's we'd actually be in the NC hunt regularly like Clemson/Bama -- who also keep their kids in the game for 3-4yrs for them....

Rousseau BAILED after 1 yr in the WORST LOSING SEASON in Canes history..... are we celebrating THAT?
You wrote it…then you preceded to slam Rousseau. Hardly the words of a fan. And then you spend the rest of your post slamming the guy. Your entire position is childish and stupid.

Do you realize how ridiculous you look saying one worked “harder”. Rousseau was noticed in practices before breaking his ankle as a freshman; and it’s only the seniority based approach last year why he did not start — but his work was never a question.

The bold is … well, it’s just stupid.

Advertisement
I think Rousseau is a natural DE in any scheme

But I think Phillips will be a better pro as an OLB in an nfl 3-4

Last edited:
You wrote it…then you preceded to slam Rousseau. Hardly the words of a fan. And then you spend the rest of your post slamming the guy. Your entire position is childish and stupid.

Do you realize how ridiculous you look saying one worked “harder”. Rousseau was noticed in practices before breaking his ankle as a freshman; and it’s only the seniority based approach last year why he did not start — but his work was never a question.

The bold is … well, it’s just stupid.

I "slammed" him?

Saying one guy showed more drive to stay in the game despite years of injuries and being unable to break into the starting team but transferring and then working his way into conversation about being a #5 pick is me slamming Rousseau?

I said the obvious-- Roussea has not and did not show that kind of compunction to keep playing and proving himself....

Rousseau cost himself spots on the draft and the millions $ that came with it because he bailed early..... which also hurt his team...

Where am i wrong?

Advertisement
Well at CIS there's the "i need to be liked" crowd and the "i'm gonna speak my truth" crowd...

I'm part of second crowd. And if people can't handle that other people have opinions different than theirs-- i say *** 'em and move on.

I've been watching the Canes since '87 and knew many of the players from 88-95 personally as a student trainer and tutor....CIS haters and mopes don't bother me.

The problem that i see you Mods have at CIS is not being able to detect the sh*t throwers early enough before they provoke people to respond back at them. As in football-- usually the 2nd guy throwing the punch get's the flag..... as was in my case a couple times. If Mods cared to do any digging, you'd see i have never attacked anyone first. I usually post my perspectives and calls and watch all the haters roll in... When they post stupidity, i take advantage of that to show them their stupidity back. Even your Mods (Fisch) jumps in with personal attacks.... And when i responded to him in kind-- he bans me....

Makes CIS look bad when Mods are part of the hater crowd and get to push the ban buttons as well when they don't like sh*t thrown back at them.....
I don’t follow your postings and battles in detail so I don’t know what the entire story and context are.

I "slammed" him?

Saying one guy showed more drive to stay in the game despite years of injuries and being unable to break into the starting team but transferring and then working his way into conversation about being a #5 pick is me slamming Rousseau?

I said the obvious-- Roussea has not and did not show that kind of compunction to keep playing and proving himself....

Rousseau cost himself spots on the draft and the millions $ that came with it because he bailed early..... which also hurt his team...

Where am i wrong?
Yes, you slammed him. If English isn’t your first language, try another, but clearly you must not understand what certain words mean.

Because you didn’t state the “obvious“, you stated “bias” (bull****). You, have no idea what “cost” Rousseau has born. It’s stupid to say otherwise. Like really stupid.

Yes, you slammed him. If English isn’t your first language, try another, but clearly you must not understand what certain words mean.

Because you didn’t state the “obvious“, you stated “bias” (bull****). You, have no idea what “cost” Rousseau has born. It’s stupid to say otherwise. Like really stupid.

Snowflake perspective....

If Snowflake is your racial identity then it is what it is...

Advertisement
Back