Phillips > Rousseau

Advertisement
Drew ain’t a small dude.
Whoever is picking Greg likely has him on the “must pick if available” list.

“This was definitely uncertain, and I didn’t know how this season was going to go. None of us really knew how this season was going to go. So, like I said, I feel blessed to be in this position. In terms of making a final decision, I’m just focused on beating UNC, beating Georgia Tech and then playing whatever bowl game. What I can say is that I’ll finish the season out regardless for Miami as a team, for Miami as a city. So, when that’s all said and done, obviously a decision will be made.”
Phillips is a special dude.

Advertisement
Who cares where they get drafted, I love watching Phillips make plays for the Miami Hurricanes.

Advertisement
He should stop right there.

275 is about what I think his ideal playing weight should be
Ordinarily, I'd completely agree. But dude is 6'7"... he can carry 285 well as we clearly see. But I would advise him to stop there. No need to take the weight up any further.

CBS mock draft had Phillips going top 5 to the Cowboys
Walter football has Zion #12 and Phillips #16 for 22'... Man that would be crazy but I don't see Phillips coming back. If he has 3 more games .. Let's say he adds 7 more sacks and 9 more TFLs.... plus he will test off the charts and loves the weight room. I definitely could see him sneaking into the back half of 1st. A DE with a relentless motor you cannot teach that. DE are game changers..

Phillips is a 1st round talent no doubt. I watch guys like Frank Clark for the Chiefs who gets paid $27M a year and is 6-3 260. Phillips is leaps and bounds better athlete and higher motor. I will actually be shocked if he doesn’t go round 1.

First half of the year he did not look like a 1st round player. Every game he plays changes that narrative. If he continues to progress the way he has all season he's a 1st rounder all day.

Advertisement
First half of the year he did not look like a 1st round player. Every game he plays changes that narrative. If he continues to progress the way he has all season he's a 1st rounder all day.
Absolutely agree. I think first part all you saw was effort and rust. Now you are seeing a seasoned freak where the game has slowed down and he’s in a zone.

Phillips balled last 3 games.. I'll wait for a few more games.
How many games have you ever seen by Russeau as dominating as Jalean played this week? NONE. I'm not figuring measurables and upside, I'm figuring Domination all over the field. It's been like that a few games.
I'm going to enjoy watching GR15 & Jalean in the NFL and I think both will have great careers. As of this moment... Phillips, not even close.

I think they're different players and both are good. I truly feel that GT has the potential to be great, but he's overrated by our fans based on what he did here. Projection wise, I get the hype, but we didn't have him long enough with him showing enough in enough games to put him in the pedestal some have here.

Phillips, kind of the same thing. He's showing, but I'm not going to put him over GR yet. He's same level IMHO. GR had better inside help and would even go inside himself. Like seeing Phillips do that.

Advertisement
Rousseau actually did that multiple games last year but regardless Phillips is a ******* stud

Brock, You're thinking with your feelings. IDK how many positions Greg lined up in the fact is, Phillips is athletic enough to play Safety in a pinch. I love GR15 but if we are talking about dominating a game Phillips is the bigger monster. I don't see how it is close being real.

Brock, You're thinking with your feelings. IDK how many positions Greg lined up in the fact is, Phillips is athletic enough to play Safety in a pinch. I love GR15 but if we are talking about dominating a game Phillips is the bigger monster. I don't see how it is close being real.
Rousseau had the same performance vs
Fsu, pitt, uva and others. They are more similar than you think, Rousseau played safety in highschool too, as did Phillips.

and let’s get this clear, I’m sky high on both of them. And while Phillips is playing like the #1 dlineman in football right now I just Find it funny how people try to discredit Rousseau like he didn’t just have an unprecedented season for dlineman in Miami history with 15.5 sacks 19.5 tackles and he didn’t even start until what game 5?

Rousseau had the same performance vs
Fsu, pitt, uva and others. They are more similar than you think, Rousseau played safety in highschool too, as did Phillips.

and let’s get this clear, I’m sky high on both of them. And while Phillips is playing like the #1 dlineman in football right now I just Find it funny how people try to discredit Rousseau like he didn’t just have an unprecedented season for dlineman in Miami history with 15.5 sacks 19.5 tackles and he didn’t even start until what game 5?
Completely agree. And, though Phillips deserves a lot of credit, a lot of the JP>GR talk is because of Rousseau opting out. Period. Because it was just a few games ago when it was being said about Phillips that … he couldn’t finish.

It’s kind of like how the board turned against Deejay Dallas after he defended Richt …

Completely agree. And, though Phillips deserves a lot of credit, a lot of the JP>GR talk is because of Rousseau opting out. Period. Because it was just a few games ago when it was being said about Phillips that … he couldn’t finish.

It’s kind of like how the board turned against Deejay Dallas after he defended Richt …
Facts, I was Calling that bullsh*t out when people tried to say Phillips can’t pass rush weeks ago....

you also hit the nail of the head of the jp>Gr talk because people mad he opted out. With that being said both are elite studs

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back