Phillip Buchanan’s take

I’ve been suspecting that you’re either a Criminole or Gaytor troll, and now I’m certain of it.

You’re doing the bit where you get on the opposing fan’s page and defend your enemy’s coach so that they can drown in mediocrity for as long as they can.

Only weird thing is you defending this disaster of a corch and his regime.

@RVACane, this dude smells like a troll rat.
I just read some of his posts and they are suspicious. No one East of the Colorado and Nevada states’ western lines can be that koombaya over Manny. Not even the 15-0 Boys.

Advertisement
Cristobal himself credits Saban for much of his success.

“If you come to our practice, you’d wonder if you were (at Alabama) or here. That is a real-deal blueprint of what you want from your very own (program) in terms of development, toughness and competitiveness.

If you really think Mario would have turned Oregon into a national contender without his time working for and learning from Saban, you are out your mind. It is because he worked for Saban that I have confidence that he understands how to run a big time program. After FIU and before he worked for Bama, he was just a jumbo sized Manny Diaz.

To me, this is what makes MC an attractive candidate. He not only is a former alum and phenomenal recruiter, he has done exactly what we are hoping for here, at another program.

Everybody thinks we can just be 'Old Miami' and win, but today CFB landscape is completely different. How much of a bag would of been thrown at someone like ST26 in today's world? Also, we can't just run a cover 2 all game and out athlete people. SEC schools have coaches literally living in SFLA so no player goes unnoticed. It's not the same environment anymore.

Who better to bring us back up to speed than an alum who has worked under a guy who will go down at the best to ever do it?

Cristobal was a gamble when he left Alabama because he hadn't proved anything as a HC yet. Today, he's built a conference championship favorite. He's an actual football coach!

And, he appears to be the only guy that can get some of our major players (BOT, Boosters) to open their pocket books and take serious interest in the success of this program.

He should have gone to Temple and learned how to be a HC for 3-4 years.

Look, the history of Miami is that a successful coach will leave for the NFL so if Miami had hit a homerun, then the job would be open again before the end of the decade. Hypothetically if Cristobal had been hired and won a championship, some NFL team would have offered him 10+ million. If Diaz had established a track record of success at Temple, then he could have been on the short list the next time the Miami HC job opened up. As the saying goes, "be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
Even if he went to learn hes nota good coach, a good coach is a good coach. He would still be trash

Advertisement
BOT at private school is not like Supreme court justice appointment as in for life?? obviously BOT members of influence and $$$ would be in position to make it happen

About half of our Trustees have been on the board with longer tenure than anyone currently sitting on the Supreme Court (except for Clarence Thomas).

Advertisement
About half of our Trustees have been on the board with longer tenure than anyone currently sitting on the Supreme Court (except for Clarence Thomas).
well time to retire get some new blood...... we looked very sad today missed tackles, dropped passes, penalties everywhere
physically weak team..... we do not play anyone that is that good so if its FSU or NC will be 4q games unless the wheels fall off 7-5 6-6. CMD will have hies political BS ready to go....
will lose bowl game........we are in a steep decline.......

Advertisement
If u subscribe to the idea that u can perform magic tricks to turn from being a horribly coach team to a good one then yeah u can do that. I have no seen a single point of improvement from year 1 to year 3. With all the SRs on the team now, and considering we lose them next year, why should we expect it to be better? The operation stinks.
I’ve seen no improvement since Diaz took over. His teams have not improved as the seasons went on.

Advertisement
Do you guys not realize how politicians work? OMG. One of the main reasons Manny got this job (after being hired by Temple) was because of his Daddy's political connections.

That is the one and only reason why that happened so fast. Why else would it happen so fast? Take 2-4 weeks and search....... but no

I have zero doubt Manny cares. I don't blame him at all. He's just a dude who was offered a raise and position he wasn't qualified for and took it. I think most people would have done what Manny did in their own respective career pursuits.

This is why I spew all my venom at the administration and the BOT. THEY are the disease here. Manny is just a symptom.
Bingo, as usual

Advertisement
Back