Phil Steele left Canes out of his preseason Top 25

There’s only one Thor I fck w/ & he’s sure as **** not from Nystrom, he’s from Asgard.
Agreed
thor_from_asgard_by_danielmathews-d6mo9ew.png

Advertisement
Yeah, unfortunately outside of 2016, 17, a lot of prognosticators & betting forums have been very bullish on us year after, & we’ve made them look foolish year after year. Phil has been bullish on us often. ****, last yr coming off a 7-5 season from 2021, The AP had us at 16!!! We were 13th going in to the A&M game, & of course we know what happened thereafter.

It’s time for us to earn our keep. We’ve been hypebeast champion every season.
Steele has almost always been bullish on us. Maybe this is a good sign.

Canes have crushed him over the years. Always bought the hype. Good for him. Better late than never.

#WelcomeToThePartyPal

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is actually better, IMO. I’ve followed Thor for a really long time, he is SUPER knowledgeable about **** near every team and kid in the country.

He power ranked every team in the country as of today, and has Miami 32nd. However, he had us 72nd to end last season. Aside from Colorado (from 122nd to 72nd, a rise of 50 spots), he has Miami as the team with the 2nd highest jump from last year to this year. Essentially he’s saying Colorado and Miami will be the 2 most improved teams in the country. I’m with him. The more I look at this roster and Shannon Dawson/Lance Guidry, the more I see a team that can win 8-9 games.

He has a UF team with no QB and a average D ahead of us. LOL ok

Advertisement
He has a UF team with no QB and a average D ahead of us. LOL ok

They were better last year and Richardson wasn’t very good 🤷🏻‍♂️. I won’t fight you that uf will stink this year…I’m praying they do. But I don’t think it’s outrageous to have them ranked ahead of us in a power ranking right now. I’d guess he’s nowhere near alone in this opinion. And of course this will look markedly different at the end of the season.

The premise of what I posted was just to show that he’s very optimistic we’ll be a lot better than we were. By a math standpoint, the 2nd most improved team in the country. How many wins that translates to, we’ll see.

Advertisement
They were better last year and Richardson wasn’t very good 🤷🏻‍♂️. I won’t fight you that uf will stink this year…I’m praying they do. But I don’t think it’s outrageous to have them ranked ahead of us in a power ranking right now. I’d guess he’s nowhere near alone in this opinion. And of course this will look markedly different at the end of the season.

The premise of what I posted was just to show that he’s very optimistic we’ll be a lot better than we were. By a math standpoint, the 2nd most improved team in the country. How many wins that translates to, we’ll see.
Tell me why.

We have a potential top 10 QB and a strong RB room. An OL that should be miles improved and an innovative offensive minded OC. An agressive DC that had a Marshall D at or near the top in many categories.

They have nobody at QB and a very average D.

OK I guess I see why they're ranked ahead. 🤷‍♂️

Tell me why.

We have a potential top 10 QB and a strong RB room. An OL that should be miles improved and an innovative offensive minded OC. An agressive DC that had a Marshall D at or near the top in many categories.

They have nobody at QB and a very average D.

OK I guess I see why they're ranked ahead. 🤷‍♂️

Nobody national cares about what you wrote (but I agree with it completely). I firmly believe we'll be a lot better and I have a sneaking suspicion they stink out loud this year. But we had a Top 10 QB last year with a young, up and coming OC, a veteran DC, a strong RB room (who all got injured instantly), etc. etc. The team was a puddle of diarrhea who was somehow WORSE than its 5-7 record. Significantly worse. So this year, prove it. He already moved us up 40 spots from #72 to end last season to #32.

Nobody national cares about what you wrote (but I agree with it completely). I firmly believe we'll be a lot better and I have a sneaking suspicion they stink out loud this year. But we had a Top 10 QB last year with a young, up and coming OC, a veteran DC, a strong RB room (who all got injured instantly), etc. etc. The team was a puddle of diarrhea who was somehow WORSE than its 5-7 record. Significantly worse. So this year, prove it. He already moved us up 40 spots from #72 to end last season to #32.
In reality we had an OC who had no clue what he was doing and a DC stuck in the 90's with scheme. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Back