Phil Steele left Canes out of his preseason Top 25

Advertisement
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Brother we lost by 42 last year and are three-score dogs as of right now, absolutely not beating them easily lol.

Didn't we beat them by like 60 points the year before?

Last year was a fluke. Too many injuries, garbage coaching, and the team obviously quit. We have more talent than FSU and I think we beat them by 21 at least.

They are the most overrated team in college football at the moment and they will come crashing back to earth very quickly. I bet by the time we play, Miami will be favored going in to that game because someone else will have exposed FSU long before we have the chance to do it.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Brother we lost by 42 last year and are three-score dogs as of right now, absolutely not beating them easily lol.
They lost by 42 to us 3 years ago and then beat us the very next year so it's not crazy but I actually think this game will be very close.

Last year was a fluke. Too many injuries, garbage coaching, and the team obviously quit. We have more talent than FSU and I think we beat them by 21 at least.

They are the most overrated team in college football at the moment and they will come crashing back to earth very quickly. I bet by the time we play, Miami will be favored going in to that game because someone else will have exposed FSU long before we have the chance to do it.
I cannot believe I’m sitting here typing some pro Nole propaganda because I’ve maintained they’ll lose to LSU week 1 and will probably end up losing two more regular season games, but if we somehow beat them by 21 points then Mario is probably coaching a 9-1 team at that point.

That is an absurdly insane statement you just made lol. I hope you’re right but we haven’t beaten FSU by 21 at Doak since 2001. Remember the 2001 team? And we won that game by 22.

We have beaten FSU by 21+ on the road just twice since 1957.

Advertisement
I can't believe I made it to page 4 before seeing this.

I don't want to see us ranked until we deserve it with on field results. ***** all the preseason BS.
Thought the same thing. It's the only reason I posted it. Couldn't resist

Phil's take on aTm:
There is far too much talent here for Texas A&M to be the country’s biggest disappointment a second year in a row.

Week 2 we can answer that for him.

The disappointment bowl… he’ll get his winner

Advertisement
We've been overrated for like 20 years now. Especially by Phil Steele. It's about time we get left out.
So in other words take his rankings (especially about us) with a grain of salt

In the list: ACC teams include Clemson (#2), FSU (#8), UNC (#21) and Pitt (#23). G5 teams include Toledo (#22) and UTSA (#24).
No sarcasm from me when I say that I'm delighted he left us out and I hope we start the year out of the AP top 25. As everyone here knows, we control our own destiny and final ranking (mostly...). If we perform like we are capable, we will end in the top 15. But, we've been underperforming for over 20 years, with 2017 being the anamoly.

I hope this comes to fruition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
After last year! Last years team will go down as 1 of the worst I’ve ever seen. Not 1 good or serviceable unit on that team.

Advertisement
Back