Phil Steele left Canes out of his preseason Top 25

Advertisement
Yeah, unfortunately outside of 2016, 17, a lot of prognosticators & betting forums have been very bullish on us year after, & we’ve made them look foolish year after year. Phil has been bullish on us often. ****, last yr coming off a 7-5 season from 2021, The AP had us at 16!!! We were 13th going in to the A&M game, & of course we know what happened thereafter.

It’s time for us to earn our keep. We’ve been hypebeast champion every season.
Steele wasn't wrong and youre not either.

Advertisement
Tell me why.

We have a potential top 10 QB and a strong RB room. An OL that should be miles improved and an innovative offensive minded OC. An agressive DC that had a Marshall D at or near the top in many categories.

They have nobody at QB and a very average D.

OK I guess I see why they're ranked ahead. 🤷‍♂️
I think their defense will be better than you think (and as an aside, they’re recruiting that area well at DB and LB going forward.). Their OL, QB & TE rooms are dreadful.

In the list: ACC teams include Clemson (#2), FSU (#8), UNC (#21) and Pitt (#23). G5 teams include Toledo (#22) and UTSA (#24).
jim carrey disbelief GIF

Nobody national cares about what you wrote (but I agree with it completely). I firmly believe we'll be a lot better and I have a sneaking suspicion they stink out loud this year. But we had a Top 10 QB last year with a young, up and coming OC, a veteran DC, a strong RB room (who all got injured instantly), etc. etc. The team was a puddle of diarrhea who was somehow WORSE than its 5-7 record. Significantly worse. So this year, prove it. He already moved us up 40 spots from #72 to end last season to #32.
you are correct. i wouldnt even say up and coming. Gattis was the best assistant in the country the year before and no one on the staff looked like they coached any football at any pooint in their lives.

Advertisement
I think their defense will be better than you think (and as an aside, they’re recruiting that area well at DB and LB going forward.). Their OL, QB & TE rooms are dreadful.
They gave up

26 to Utah
28 to S. FL
38 to Tenn
45 to LSU
42 to UGA
31 to Vandy
45 to FSU
30 to Oregon State

I actually think they will be worse this year.

Advertisement
Yeah, unfortunately outside of 2016, 17, a lot of prognosticators & betting forums have been very bullish on us year after, & we’ve made them look foolish year after year. Phil has been bullish on us often. ****, last yr coming off a 7-5 season from 2021, The AP had us at 16!!! We were 13th going in to the A&M game, & of course we know what happened thereafter.

It’s time for us to earn our keep. We’ve been hypebeast champion every season.
Yes sir, and looking forward to when we do! (Earn AND Keep also)

FSU is laughably overrated and they will crash hard. No chance that team finishes top 10. I think we beat them easily this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back