Pete or anyone else...local DE's

mbuendia

Freshman
Seems we have some interesting prospects for DE in the 18 class:

Oyadele
Chatfield
Head
Charlton

It appears Oyadele has an offer while the other 3 are in standby. Pete do u see them all getting offers? Also how do u think the coaches rank them?

Love to also hear what some of ya'll like Liberty City, DMoney, LuCane and the like think about these guys.

Also was curious that besides Chatfield we didn't see any film on the rest from the Opening and the 1 vs 1 setting.

Thanks.

Advertisement
I want oyadele and then chatfield. I don't think oyadele recruitment is over at all

Oyadele appears to be the top priority out of them. Pete already said he expects Head to be next in line to get an offer.

Advertisement

Oyadele
Chatfield
Head
Charlton

It appears Oyadele has an offer while the other 3 are in standby. Pete do u see them all getting offers? Also how do u think the coaches rank them?

Love to also hear what some of ya'll like Liberty City, DMoney, LuCane and the like think about these guys.

Also was curious that besides Chatfield we didn't see any film on the rest from the Opening and the 1 vs 1 setting.

Thanks.

Oldele committed to FSU a while back and said some rather uncomplentary things about Miami in the process. Head and Charlton don't have offers.

Advertisement
Yeah, Oyadele seems to be all FSU and sort of a UM hater. A shame but if it's going to be that way then F him and his momma

Oyadele
Chatfield
Head
Charlton

Thanks.

Oldele committed to FSU a while back and said some rather uncomplentary things about Miami in the process. Head and Charlton don't have offers.

Drummond's gotta make sure these kids end up in the right spot for them, just like the great job he did leading Travonte Valentine.

Advertisement
I like Charlton the best, but Head has the bigger frame and I guess is the more pure DE prospect.

Honestly I think there's a chance we only take 1 DE in this class and I hope it's Jonathan King from Tampa.

Every recruit that commits from this point on means the staff will have to cut someone on the roster or give them a "forced graduation" from the team. That's why i think you're seeing them take their time offering some of the kids who have question marks at positions were not exactly desperate at like DE and LB. There's no reason to rush offers risk replacing someone who isn't miami caliber with someone who isn't miami caliber.

They days of "Miami didn't offer early enough" are going to be over quick. The right kids are going to begging for that offer.

Advertisement

Oyadele
Chatfield
Head
Charlton

Thanks.

Drummond's gotta make sure these kids end up in the right spot for them, just like the great job he did leading Travonte Valentine.

Seriously. How can a kid have negative things to say about the program unless someone is feeding him ****

James Head Jr imo will be in this class, he's one of the best DE's in South Fla, he lead Dade in Sacks with 16 last year...
Both him & Dimitry Propehte, along with Deandre Johnson & Charlton were really killing it at Ridge last year, huge part of why they won a State title.

He'll need to put a little more weight on but he's got a good frame to be a 6'3 240+lbs DE as time progresses throughout his career (he's 6'3 220lbs right now).

Chatfield is a beast & is one of the most productive DE's in the state, the only issue is his size, he's not the prototype DE that Kool likes, so despite the 24.5 sacks, that explains why Kool has offered yet, although that could change into his Senior year.

My personal opinion, I would only take JHJ out of all the 2018 South Fla DE's, if we're taking only 2 or 3 DE's this class, there's kids from OOS & other areas outside of South Fla I prefer over the rest. I like Chatfield a lot though, I would take him if we missed on a few others.

As far as Kayo is concerned, as long as he's connected to Leecher I don't see him coming here.

Mentioned it in another thread but James went to the Bama camp last summer and didn't lose a single rep. Have heard the same regarding his offer. Had 20 sacks actually. Father played at the Ridge back in the day too.

Despite Chatfield size concerns, every big game last year against likes of teams like Booker T. He put on absolute show. Again though, not exactly the ideal size Kool looking for. So we'll see.

The one guy not being discussed in here. Is Nik Bonitto. Just a little story here. Brian Burns, who's at FSU right now... Nik Bonitto was starting over him on the line as a 8th grader compared to Burns who was in 10th grade at the time at U-School. Nik problem which I had a long post about on this board a while back. He wants to play basketball really bad and won't commit himself to football nor the weight room. Aside from being held out from UF for a football offer, they only offered in basketball with contingency of not playing football. He would commit to UF in a heartbeat if they offered. It's a **** shame because he has 5 star talent. Been told his dad is the one who has kept him playing football and if it wasn't for that, Nik would have quit already. IDK where he stands for Kool as a prospect or on the board at this moment but he's a high risk - high reward kind of guy. I was told Coach L was recruiting and interested in him for basketball but idk where that stands right now either. He might transfer back to U-School to play with Balsa & Vernon Carey son for his senior year.

Kayode is actually more realistic than you're thinking from what I heard. Impressive physique (AQM-like). Very raw but powerful. Was his first year playing football last season.

Another not mentioned in this thread and the staff is very high on him as a athlete overall. Gregory Rousseau.

Stacy Kirby who's actually committed to FSU right now along with Kayode, actually grew up a big Cane fan. Known someone who grew up with him. Those things go out the window with some guys though when the recruiting process comes up. Just something to monitor though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back