• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Pete or anyone else...local DE's

mbuendia

Freshman
Seems we have some interesting prospects for DE in the 18 class:

Oyadele
Chatfield
Head
Charlton

It appears Oyadele has an offer while the other 3 are in standby. Pete do u see them all getting offers? Also how do u think the coaches rank them?

Love to also hear what some of ya'll like Liberty City, DMoney, LuCane and the like think about these guys.

Also was curious that besides Chatfield we didn't see any film on the rest from the Opening and the 1 vs 1 setting.

Thanks.

brock

All-American
I want oyadele and then chatfield. I don't think oyadele recruitment is over at all

Gru

Sophomore
Oyadele appears to be the top priority out of them. Pete already said he expects Head to be next in line to get an offer.

timujian

Sophomore

Oyadele
Chatfield
Head
Charlton

It appears Oyadele has an offer while the other 3 are in standby. Pete do u see them all getting offers? Also how do u think the coaches rank them?

Love to also hear what some of ya'll like Liberty City, DMoney, LuCane and the like think about these guys.

Also was curious that besides Chatfield we didn't see any film on the rest from the Opening and the 1 vs 1 setting.

Thanks.

Oldele committed to FSU a while back and said some rather uncomplentary things about Miami in the process. Head and Charlton don't have offers.

Harry Heinous

Freshman
Yeah, Oyadele seems to be all FSU and sort of a UM hater. A shame but if it's going to be that way then F him and his momma

TheSwagger1

Retired staff

Oyadele
Chatfield
Head
Charlton

Thanks.

Oldele committed to FSU a while back and said some rather uncomplentary things about Miami in the process. Head and Charlton don't have offers.

Drummond's gotta make sure these kids end up in the right spot for them, just like the great job he did leading Travonte Valentine.

skeeter

Junior
I like Charlton the best, but Head has the bigger frame and I guess is the more pure DE prospect.

Honestly I think there's a chance we only take 1 DE in this class and I hope it's Jonathan King from Tampa.

CFLCane

Junior
Every recruit that commits from this point on means the staff will have to cut someone on the roster or give them a "forced graduation" from the team. That's why i think you're seeing them take their time offering some of the kids who have question marks at positions were not exactly desperate at like DE and LB. There's no reason to rush offers risk replacing someone who isn't miami caliber with someone who isn't miami caliber.

They days of "Miami didn't offer early enough" are going to be over quick. The right kids are going to begging for that offer.

AUcane

All-ACC

Oyadele
Chatfield
Head
Charlton

Thanks.

Drummond's gotta make sure these kids end up in the right spot for them, just like the great job he did leading Travonte Valentine.

Seriously. How can a kid have negative things to say about the program unless someone is feeding him sh1t

Liberty City El

Dejazmach
James Head Jr imo will be in this class, he's one of the best DE's in South Fla, he lead Dade in Sacks with 16 last year...
Both him & Dimitry Propehte, along with Deandre Johnson & Charlton were really killing it at Ridge last year, huge part of why they won a State title.

He'll need to put a little more weight on but he's got a good frame to be a 6'3 240+lbs DE as time progresses throughout his career (he's 6'3 220lbs right now).

Chatfield is a beast & is one of the most productive DE's in the state, the only issue is his size, he's not the prototype DE that Kool likes, so despite the 24.5 sacks, that explains why Kool hasn't offered yet, although that could change into his Senior year.

My personal opinion, I would only take JHJ out of all the 2018 South Fla DE's, if we're taking only 2 or 3 DE's this class, there's kids from OOS & other areas outside of South Fla I prefer over the rest. I like Chatfield a lot though, I would take him if we missed on a few others.

As far as Kayo is concerned, as long as he's connected to Leecher I don't see him coming here.

Last edited: