Pete or anyone else...local DE's

Advertisement
I've heard that Head is next in line for an offer

Do you know who are top targets are at DE and DT? it seems like we are not offering many. We have offered a bunch of QBs, RBs, DBs, etc but not DE and DT. Most the ones offered are not high on us.

Last edited:
Regarding a 2019 prospect were after and Kool & Manny all over him already. Khris Bogle from Cardinal Gibbons. Absolutely love this kid and his frame, he's still growing. Legitimate 6'4" right now. Reminds me a lot of Brian Burns at the same stage in high school going into his junior year. He's going to blow up. Absolutely loves Miami too. FSU just extended an offer as well recently.

Bonnito is a linebacker in college all the way. No chance he plays DL

Doesn't commit himself to the weight room. He should have been much bigger by now. Have been told this by his peers.

I saw him play OLB last year for STA and [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] had those same sentiments as well regarding him at LB. I like him there, just... kid doesn't have the drive. It's a shame.

Doesn't commit himself to the weight room. He should have been much bigger by now. Have been told this by his peers.

I saw him play OLB last year for STA and [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] had those same sentiments as well regarding him at LB. I like him there, just... kid doesn't have the drive. It's a shame.

Well, I think it's a stretch to say he "doesn't have the drive" when he's also a legit big time basketball prospect. That's what he prefers it seems like and he has major offers there too, but he worked hard for that. I just don't think it's right to call him out as somebody who doesn't work hard when he's a two-sport star in an era that it is extremely rare to be an elite prospect in multiple sports.

Advertisement
We are 7 deep at DE this year with 2 seniors (Chad Thomas and Trent Harris) followed by Demetrius Jackson (Jr.), Scott Patchan (RSo.), Joseph Jackson (So.), Patrick Bethel (So.) and true freshmen DJ Johnson and Jonathan Garvin. I think you bring one DE this year only. The 2019 class has more talent at DE IMO. Now, the DT position is more critical this year. We might be losing 4 guys to the NFL and we only brought Johnathan Ford as DT in the last recruiting cycle. We probably need 3 DTs this year.

We are 7 deep at DE this year with 2 seniors (Chad Thomas and Trent Harris) followed by Demetrius Jackson (Jr.), Scott Patchan (RSo.), Joseph Jackson (So.), Patrick Bethel (So.) and true freshmen DJ Johnson and Jonathan Garvin. I think you bring one DE this year only. The 2019 class has more talent at DE IMO. Now, the DT position is more critical this year. We might be losing 4 guys to the NFL and we only brought Johnathan Ford as DT in the last recruiting cycle. We probably need 3 DTs this year.

That's 8 deep at DE. Perfect number and the DEs are perfectly spaced out as well. I think we're fine taking only 1 in 2018 to go with the 6 returning DEs in 2018. I'd rather have 1 DE and 4 DTs in this class rather than 2 DEs and 3 DTs.

Advertisement

Well, I think it's a stretch to say he "doesn't have the drive" when he's also a legit big time basketball prospect. That's what he prefers it seems like and he has major offers there too, but he worked hard for that. I just don't think it's right to call him out as somebody who doesn't work hard when he's a two-sport star in an era that it is extremely rare to be an elite prospect in multiple sports.

He's being forced to play football. I'm not talking about his drive as an athlete in general stretching across other sports. If it was truly up to him, he wouldn't be playing football at all. It's a big reason UF hasn't given him the offer yet.

Oyadele and Joyner are the 2 we should be all over. Both of them look like studs. Would be the 2 DE's I would go after in this class.

He's being forced to play football. I'm not talking about his drive as an athlete in general stretching across other sports. If it was truly up to him, he wouldn't be playing football at all. It's a big reason UF hasn't given him the offer yet.

He weighed in at 204 which isn't bad at all considering he's a LB in college. I also think you're jumping to conclusions that he has no interest in football. Just because he's more developed as a basketball player right now doesn't mean he is being forced to play football.

Advertisement

He weighed in at 204 which isn't bad at all considering he's a LB in college. I also think you're jumping to conclusions that he has no interest in football. Just because he's more developed as a basketball player right now doesn't mean he is being forced to play football.

I've known Bonnito for a long time. His dad actually does force him to play football. If it was up to him he'd stop playing football entirely. He's a beast DE/LB and if he focused on football and let go of basketball he'd easily bulk up. He probably will drop football in college from what he's told me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've known Bonnito for a long time. His dad actually does force him to play football. If it was up to him he'd stop playing football entirely. He's a beast DE/LB and if he focused on football and let go of basketball he'd easily bulk up. He probably will drop football in college from what he's told me

Yeah and that's why Miami isn't on him hard. Just still not right to say he doesn't have the drive because that's disrespectful to the kid in my opinion.

Advertisement

Yeah and that's why Miami isn't on him hard. Just still not right to say he doesn't have the drive because that's disrespectful to the kid in my opinion.

Not what I mean Pete, he's a hard worker and he's my boy but he just doesn't want to play it. More concerned with basketball

Not any disrespect to you or a slight at all Pete, but what did I say that was disrespectful? I praised the kid earlier and said he would be a 5 star if he actually put his heart into football. He doesn't dedicate himself to it at all. His heart, passion & drive are just not into it at all. Everyone that knows him, knows this. He's a **** good player and has a LOT of potential but he's a major risk. If anything, it's actually impressive how talented he is considering he doesn't devote himself. He's an athlete. His heart is in basketball though.

Maybe drive was the wrong word.

Seems safe to say that he does not have the "drive" to play football, from those that seem to know him.

Not any disrespect to you or a slight at all Pete, but what did I say that was disrespectful? I praised the kid earlier and said he would be a 5 star if he actually put his heart into football. He doesn't dedicate himself to it at all. His heart, passion & drive are just not into it at all. Everyone that knows him, knows this. He's a **** good player and has a LOT of potential but he's a major risk. If anything, it's actually impressive how talented he is considering he doesn't devote himself. He's an athlete. His heart is in basketball though.

Maybe drive was the wrong word.

"...kid doesn't have the drive. It's a shame."

Why is it a shame? He wants to play basketball

Advertisement
Back