Pete or anyone else...local DE's

He weighed in at 204 which isn't bad at all considering he's a LB in college. I also think you're jumping to conclusions that he has no interest in football. Just because he's more developed as a basketball player right now doesn't mean he is being forced to play football.

I've known Bonnito for a long time. His dad actually does force him to play football. If it was up to him he'd stop playing football entirely. He's a beast DE/LB and if he focused on football and let go of basketball he'd easily bulk up. He probably will drop football in college from what he's told me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and that's why Miami isn't on him hard. Just still not right to say he doesn't have the drive because that's disrespectful to the kid in my opinion.

Not any disrespect to you or a slight at all Pete, but what did I say that was disrespectful? I praised the kid earlier and said he would be a 5 star if he actually put his heart into football. He doesn't dedicate himself to it at all. His heart, passion & drive are just not into it at all. Everyone that knows him, knows this. He's a **** good player and has a LOT of potential but he's a major risk. If anything, it's actually impressive how talented he is considering he doesn't devote himself. He's an athlete. His heart is in basketball though.

Maybe drive was the wrong word.

"...kid doesn't have the drive. It's a shame."

Why is it a shame? He wants to play basketball

He has much more ceiling and a clearer path in football and people have told him this. Nik is a savage on the court and physical but he maxed out early on. It's a shame in regards to how good he could actually be in football, I'm not the only one who shares that same feeling. Not knocking him for his love for basketball at all, I wish him the best. Disappointed he doesn't care for football because of how good he would actually be.

Advertisement
Seems we have some interesting prospects for DE in the 18 class:

Oyadele
Chatfield
Head
Charlton

It appears Oyadele has an offer while the other 3 are in standby. Pete do u see them all getting offers? Also how do u think the coaches rank them?

Love to also hear what some of ya'll like Liberty City, DMoney, LuCane and the like think about these guys.

Also was curious that besides Chatfield we didn't see any film on the rest from the Opening and the 1 vs 1 setting.

Thanks.

Oldele committed to FSU a while back and said some rather uncomplentary things about Miami in the process. Head and Charlton don't have offers.

Drummond's gotta make sure these kids end up in the right spot for them, just like the great job he did leading Travonte Valentine.

Seriously. How can a kid have negative things to say about the program unless someone is feeding him ****

There are still scumbags locally like GenitalRon and Scat Wilson feeding kids **** about UM even though no one with a brain or any support system is buying it. These scumbags are living in 2014. They're still getting their Fat Albert jeans and 8 Ball pleather jackets from the Swap Shop Circus. These filthy leeches and their anti-UM rhetoric will eventually become extinct like the dinosaurs they are.

Advertisement
James Head Jr imo will be in this class, he's one of the best DE's in South Fla, he lead Dade in Sacks with 16 last year...
Both him & Dimitry Propehte, along with Deandre Johnson & Charlton were really killing it at Ridge last year, huge part of why they won a State title.

He'll need to put a little more weight on but he's got a good frame to be a 6'3 240+lbs DE as time progresses throughout his career (he's 6'3 220lbs right now).

Chatfield is a beast & is one of the most productive DE's in the state, the only issue is his size, he's not the prototype DE that Kool likes, so despite the 24.5 sacks, that explains why Kool has offered yet, although that could change into his Senior year.

My personal opinion, I would only take JHJ out of all the 2018 South Fla DE's, if we're taking only 2 or 3 DE's this class, there's kids from OOS & other areas outside of South Fla I prefer over the rest. I like Chatfield a lot though, I would take him if we missed on a few others.

As far as Kayo is concerned, as long as he's connected to Leecher I don't see him coming here.

Mentioned it in another thread but James went to the Bama camp last summer and didn't lose a single rep. Have heard the same regarding his offer. Had 20 sacks actually. Father played at the Ridge back in the day too.

Despite Chatfield size concerns, every big game last year against likes of teams like Booker T. He put on absolute show. Again though, not exactly the ideal size Kool looking for. So we'll see.

The one guy not being discussed in here. Is Nik Bonitto. Just a little story here. Brian Burns, who's at FSU right now... Nik Bonitto was starting over him on the line as a 8th grader compared to Burns who was in 10th grade at the time at U-School. Nik problem which I had a long post about on this board a while back. He wants to play basketball really bad and won't commit himself to football nor the weight room. Aside from being held out from UF for a football offer, they only offered in basketball with contingency of not playing football. He would commit to UF in a heartbeat if they offered. It's a **** shame because he has 5 star talent. Been told his dad is the one who has kept him playing football and if it wasn't for that, Nik would have quit already. IDK where he stands for Kool as a prospect or on the board at this moment but he's a high risk - high reward kind of guy. I was told Coach L was recruiting and interested in him for basketball but idk where that stands right now either. He might transfer back to U-School to play with Balsa & Vernon Carey son for his senior year.

Kayode is actually more realistic than you're thinking from what I heard. Impressive physique (AQM-like). Very raw but powerful. Was his first year playing football last season.

Another not mentioned in this thread and the staff is very high on him as a athlete overall. Gregory Rousseau.

Stacy Kirby who's actually committed to FSU right now along with Kayode, actually grew up a big Cane fan. Known someone who grew up with him. Those things go out the window with some guys though when the recruiting process comes up. Just something to monitor though.

Bonnito is an impressive athlete, but he's 200 pounds. No chance he plays DE here even if he wanted to.

Bonnito is a linebacker in college all the way. No chance he plays DL

Doesn't commit himself to the weight room. He should have been much bigger by now. Have been told this by his peers.

I saw him play OLB last year for STA and [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] had those same sentiments as well regarding him at LB. I like him there, just... kid doesn't have the drive. It's a shame.

Well, I think it's a stretch to say he "doesn't have the drive" when he's also a legit big time basketball prospect. That's what he prefers it seems like and he has major offers there too, but he worked hard for that. I just don't think it's right to call him out as somebody who doesn't work hard when he's a two-sport star in an era that it is extremely rare to be an elite prospect in multiple sports.

He's being forced to play football. I'm not talking about his drive as an athlete in general stretching across other sports. If it was truly up to him, he wouldn't be playing football at all. It's a big reason UF hasn't given him the offer yet.

He weighed in at 204 which isn't bad at all considering he's a LB in college. I also think you're jumping to conclusions that he has no interest in football. Just because he's more developed as a basketball player right now doesn't mean he is being forced to play football.
Geo, Pete is trying to tell you nicely to fall back on Bonnito.

Seems safe to say that he does not have the "drive" to play football, from those that seem to know him.

Why does a guy with "no drive" to play football show up for camps?

Do you know him?

The words "I don't like football" have come out of his mouth. He was ****ed that he barely could play basketball this year because of a football sustained injury. I don't see what's hard to understand.

His possible transfer back to U-School is contingent on his father wanting him to play football still. He doesn't want to.

His father forces him to play football.

His "drive" is not in football. I don't see what's so bad about what I said. Everyone who knows him, knows this and says the same thing. Not talking about his drive overall towards anything else in his life or basketball. He's actually a good kid and does well in school.

Regarding your previous post before this, read the whole thread in its entirety.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is Bonnitto a good enough basketball player to get a scholarship to a big-time basketball school? I ask because I've never seen him play and don't follow basketball recruiting.

Advertisement
Is Bonnitto a good enough basketball player to get a scholarship to a big-time basketball school? I ask because I've never seen him play and don't follow basketball recruiting.

Yes.

Thanks.

Who has offered him so far?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
I've heard that Head is next in line for an offer

Do you know who are top targets are at DE and DT? it seems like we are not offering many. We have offered a bunch of QBs, RBs, DBs, etc but not DE and DT. Most the ones offered are not high on us.

We have a lot of DT offers out right now...Many have been discussed on this board.

Last edited:
we only brought Johnathan Ford as DT in the last recruiting cycle. We probably need 3 DTs this year.

Glen Logan might make it 2 DT's. Pete?

I think we'll bring in 3-4... whether that includes Logan or a juco as part of the group remains to be seen. But here's just some of the DT tackles we have out right now. The big DE types are obviously DT in Kool system

Nestera
Chatman
Hawkins
J.Davis (Pete has said he kinda expects him in this class)
Trout
Briggs
Oladele DT/DE
Vincent
Wynn
R.Cooper

Obviously the FSU commits will be tough to sway, but we are on a ton of kids for at least 3 and maybe 4 sports.

And I'm sure we'll here some juco names soon.

Advertisement
Back