Pay them!!

Making billions off of someone and not giving them a percentage is exploiting.

Who is making billions? Revenue is a meaningless number. The vast majority of school athletic programs are operating at a loss despite all the money being brought in.

Again, these kids are getting paid. They are getting paid handsomely. They are getting access to the best coaching, training, nutrition, housing, facilities, etc. in all of sports. In addition to getting a degree that very few of them would have an opportunity to get without football. These kids are living like kings.

Advertisement
How many of these kids would even be accepted at FSU or UF if they weren’t football players? I’d wager most, even at those two schools.

I assume you meant "few" instead of "most".

That has nothing to do with the "monetary gain" the other poster was talking about. However, if you want to bring that up. Unless they have legitimate shots of making the NFL they are probably better off going to whatever school they can get into, get a real major, and work hard and getting their GPA up. As opposed to racking up tons of brain damage, getting some ********* major with only a decent GPA, and a UF or FSU diploma.

Who is making billions? Revenue is a meaningless number. The vast majority of school athletic programs are operating at a loss despite all the money being brought in.

Again, these kids are getting paid. They are getting paid handsomely. They are getting access to the best coaching, training, nutrition, housing, facilities, etc. in all of sports. In addition to getting a degree that very few of them would have an opportunity to get without football. These kids are living like kings.
So it would be okay for the company u work for to get money off of your labor and not give u a dime? Yes or no

These schools make millions of of apparel alone, I'm not even going to get into the TV contracts. The U brand would not be the brand it is today without the football players that made the brand popular. Miami wouldn't have a 12-year $90 million dollar deal with Adidas without the football players. It's that simple.

Similarly, only a small percentage of scholarship football players are future pros and true gate earners. A substantial portion of them, beyond the impact players on the title relevant teams, could be replaced with out a discernible difference to everyone in the country beside that fanbase. Nobody was buying tickets to see bar milo, and somewhere someone is going to need to valuate each of the players for this.

Very true, only a small percentage of players will make the NFL. However, saying they could be easily replaced is laughable.

First, I said they are harder to replace than Hollywood extras. That is not disputable. There are hundreds of millions of people that can be extra. That cannot be said about D1 football players.

Second, do you not follow recruiting at all? Even good 3 star kids when they flip are hard to replace, especially on teams that aren't named Bama, OSU, etc. Look at how transfers, declaring early, injuries, etc. destroy teams. If it was so easy to replace kids none of those things would be issues at all.

You are right. No one is buying tickets for Bar Milo. If EA wants to pay Milo a fee to have his name in the NCAA games. That is fine. EA can afford to do that. I am not saying Kansas should be paying there 3rd string guys as much as Tua should be getting paid.

So it would be okay for the company u work for to get money off of your labor and not give u a dime? Yes or no

These schools make millions of of apparel alone, I'm not even going to get into the TV contracts. The U brand would not be the brand it is today without the football players that made the brand popular. Miami wouldn't have a 12-year $90 million dollar deal with Adidas without the football players. It's that simple.

Again, everything you’ve said is false. But, since you are the board clown who I know has absolutely zero knowledge about how business works, I’m not going to bother with you.

Advertisement
Again, everything you’ve said is false. But, since you are the board clown who I know has absolutely zero knowledge about how business works, I’m not going to bother with you.
Lmao. You know someones argument has fell apart when they result to insults 😂

Miami wouldn't have a multi-million dollar apparel deal with Adidas without the football program. That's a fact.

Very true, only a small percentage of players will make the NFL. However, saying they could be easily replaced is laughable.

First, I said they are harder to replace than Hollywood extras. That is not disputable. There are hundreds of millions of people that can be extra. That cannot be said about D1 football players.

Second, do you not follow recruiting at all? Even good 3 star kids when they flip are hard to replace, especially on teams that aren't named Bama, OSU, etc. Look at how transfers, declaring early, injuries, etc. destroy teams. If it was so easy to replace kids none of those things would be issues at all.

You are right. No one is buying tickets for Bar Milo. If EA wants to pay Milo a fee to have his name in the NCAA games. That is fine. EA can afford to do that. I am not saying Kansas should be paying there 3rd string guys as much as Tua should be getting paid.

Tua would have to take a pay cut if paying him was legal

Tua would have to take a pay cut if paying him was legal

LMAO! He would take a massive paycut. That is the thing though, even if they start paying players. That just means the Bamas of the world are going to pay them the going rate, and drop a bag on top of it.

Advertisement
It seems people think the NCAA keeps all the money they make. Quit buying into the all corporations and rich people are bad bull****.

Football revenue allows athletes in less profitable sports to get scholarships too. How many people here are cool with college athletes making 5 figures a year if it means another person doesn't get to go to college.?
Usually the money made by the athletic goes back into the atheltic program. Even then, $16 per credit hour goes to athletics at some institutions.

It seems people think the NCAA keeps all the money they make. Quit buying into the all corporations and rich people are bad bull****.

Football revenue allows athletes in less profitable sports to get scholarships too. How many people here are cool with college athletes making 5 figures a year if it means another person doesn't get to go to college.?

I am. I think it is an absolute joke that womens soccer and other non revenue sports get scholarships paid for by football teams.

You all keep sayingg the NCAA, as if some overriding organization keeps that money. I thought it was disbursed to the schools?
Each conference have their own contracts and are paid out to each school in that division. ACC is on the low end. SEC and Big 10 schools get way more.

Advertisement

Ok so now I know you were lying about the PhD thing - no school would award an econ degree to someone who says "revenue is a meaningless number"!

Advertisement
That’s incorrect. In a big way. Right now, there isn’t enough parity but that’s because the NCAA is allowing programs like Bama and Clemson to do whatever they want. A crack down on that would restore parity to a sustainable level. There isn’t as much parity today as there could be, but it could get a lot worse.

Not a whole lot of substance to this rebuttal...

Why would paying players worsen parity? If Bama and Clemson are doing whatever they want today, paying players would INCREASE parity!

Do you think those schools would experience a revenue uplift due to paying players? They've lost 2 games vs other teams the last 4 years. I don't think paying players would drive a revenue uplift.

But today, they pay the same for their workforce as everyone else, even though their workforce is substantially more talented. Forcing them to pay them market wages would squeeze their margins, likely forcing them to cut back on other spending.

I don’t think wanna be actresses qualify as entertainers. Especially if they’re primarily making money being a waitress.
If you ask them I bet they'll say they are, but okay. Then how about clowns that do kids' parties? How about mimes? How about strippers at ****** clubs? Actors in plays? Magicians? Etc, etc, etc All entertainers and none are paid well let alone VERY well.

why should the football players be forced to pay for rich kids to play tennis and lacrosse because they can't fill up a stadium or get enough revenue through TV endorsements to fund there own sport? that's not how the rest of America works Microsoft doesn't have to share it's profits with the less fortunate software companies to help them stay in business...........guarantee if the tables turn the lacrosse and tennis families would have a major issues with their rich kids profits being given to the inner city kids.

let's keep it real.
It's only rich kids that play those sports? How about track, swimming, baseball, basketball? This isn't a class warfare issue. They are supposed to be student athletes, not just minor league NFL.

Advertisement
Back