Patrick surtain jr

Advertisement
I keep hearing/reading mixed reviews on this kid. Curious as to which he is closer to a beast or overrated.

Blades and Campbell should be the priority; Frierson is a lock - don't think there's much to worry about there.

People said Quincy Wilson was garbage and a diva. Seems legit. Hopefully the coaching staff to get this kid, campbell, and keep the South florida guys already committed.

Campbell and Surtain from Heritage should be our top two priorities at DB among those who aren't currently committed for 2018.

Have a feeling most -- not all, but most -- that are down on Surtain are basing their opinions on his perceived lack of interest in Miami. Happens all the time around here with top-rated talent. Surtain may very well be a longshot and he shouldn't be rated higher than Campbell, but he's a tremendous talent.

Advertisement
I keep hearing/reading mixed reviews on this kid. Curious as to which he is closer to a beast or overrated.

anyone who says this kid is overrated is only saying it because they know he's not coming here and we have other options on the table. They are extremely biased.

Surtain IS the #1 CB in south florida whether you like it or not.

Campbell and Surtain from Heritage should be our top two priorities at DB among those who aren't currently committed for 2018.

Have a feeling most -- not all, but most -- that are down on Surtain are basing their opinions on his perceived lack of interest in Miami. Happens all the time around here with top-rated talent. Surtain may very well be a longshot and he shouldn't be rated higher than Campbell, but he's a tremendous talent.
Nope, my opinion on Surtain is from seeing him play live multiple times...

I don't believe he's the #1 ranked player in Florida or even the best CB in the State for 2018.

I watched MNW WR's put on clinic on vs AH, MNW still lost the game but it wasn't because AH's Defense was almighty.

Saw the same thing in the State title game vs Ponte Vedra, that secondary gets lit up against teams that have legit WR's.

I think Pat Jr is a very good player, but I don't for one second think he's as great as he's touted to be & I don't say that because he's not coming here.

Imo, Asante Jr is the best pure Cover Corner in 2018 & he's not coming to Miami either...

Last edited:
Advertisement
People said Quincy Wilson was garbage and a diva. Seems legit. Hopefully the coaching staff to get this kid, campbell, and keep the South florida guys already committed.

Surtain is hot garbage, dumbass. lol. So is Cuck Wilson's kid.

Advertisement
Someone will have to help me better understand him as a prospect and provide official height/weight and any times. There's next to nothing on that film to give proper insight as to his ability for the next level. Just not enough to see on the short video. I've seen more from watching QB videos than what I got out of these highlights.

Here's what I saw:

- + length, which I expect him to feature at the next two levels
- good enough overall speed
- straight shuffle step most of the time
- plays tall at times
- willing tackler, mostly saw tackles downfield
- playmaker, as he attacks the ball, of course this is a highlight video
- moved like a zone corner in the video linked above

I'd love to know some official times, especially short shuttle, as his short area seemed different in this 3:40 minute video than what I'd expect from the top corner in the state of Florida. If anyone has more video, would be glad to watch. Perhaps this was too limited.

Advertisement

anyone who says this kid is overrated is only saying it because they know he's not coming here and we have other options on the table. They are extremely biased.

Surtain IS the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] CB in south florida whether you like it or not.

This man speaks the truth like the man in his avatar.

Surtain isn't the #1 CB in South Florida.

He is the #1 DB in the nation.

Kid has all the tools to excel ANYWHERE in the secondary including CB.

Lu's right, that tape doesn't show much in terms of coverage ability. (kinda makes me wonder)

I know he got worked a couple times in the State Championship game.

Someone will have to help me better understand him as a prospect and provide official height/weight and any times. There's next to nothing on that film to give proper insight as to his ability for the next level. Just not enough to see on the short video. I've seen more from watching QB videos than what I got out of these highlights.

Here's what I saw:

- + length, which I expect him to feature at the next two levels
- good enough overall speed
- straight shuffle step most of the time
- plays tall at times
- willing tackler, mostly saw tackles downfield
- playmaker, as he attacks the ball, of course this is a highlight video
- moved like a zone corner in the video linked above

I'd love to know some official times, especially short shuttle, as his short area seemed different in this 3:40 minute video than what I'd expect from the top corner in the state of Florida. If anyone has more video, would be glad to watch. Perhaps this was too limited.

Here you go.

DB Patrick Surtain Jr. (2018) - (6-2/,192) - 4.57 40, 4.55 shuttle, 35 powerball, 35 vertical jump - 92.16 rating

Advertisement
Back