Patrick surtain jr

Someone will have to help me better understand him as a prospect and provide official height/weight and any times. There's next to nothing on that film to give proper insight as to his ability for the next level. Just not enough to see on the short video. I've seen more from watching QB videos than what I got out of these highlights.

Here's what I saw:

- + length, which I expect him to feature at the next two levels
- good enough overall speed
- straight shuffle step most of the time
- plays tall at times
- willing tackler, mostly saw tackles downfield
- playmaker, as he attacks the ball, of course this is a highlight video
- moved like a zone corner in the video linked above

I'd love to know some official times, especially short shuttle, as his short area seemed different in this 3:40 minute video than what I'd expect from the top corner in the state of Florida. If anyone has more video, would be glad to watch. Perhaps this was too limited.

Here you go.

DB Patrick Surtain Jr. (2018) - (6-2/,192) - 4.57 40, 4.55 shuttle, 35 powerball, 35 vertical jump - 92.16 rating
Thank you, 252. Hadn't previously seen of the numbers.

Advertisement
Someone will have to help me better understand him as a prospect and provide official height/weight and any times. There's next to nothing on that film to give proper insight as to his ability for the next level. Just not enough to see on the short video. I've seen more from watching QB videos than what I got out of these highlights.

Here's what I saw:

- plays tall at times

I'd love to know some official times, especially short shuttle, as his short area seemed different in this 3:40 minute video than what I'd expect from the top corner in the state of Florida. If anyone has more video, would be glad to watch. Perhaps this was too limited.

Here you go.

DB Patrick Surtain Jr. (2018) - (6-2/,192) - 4.57 40, 4.55 shuttle, 35 powerball, 35 vertical jump - 92.16 rating

He was shutting things down as a Safety according to 247sports reporters in the Under Armour 50 for Juniors

We already have 3 cb's coming in Burns, Ivey and Blades. Two Safties in Jobe and Frierson. Maybe 1 more at each position...

Someone will have to help me better understand him as a prospect and provide official height/weight and any times. There's next to nothing on that film to give proper insight as to his ability to be an elite CB at the next level. I've seen more from watching QB videos than what I got out of these highlights.

Here's what I saw:

- doesn't accelerate through his cutbacks when he has the ball (this is a curious thing for a CB)
- plays tall at times

Here you go.

4.55 shuttle? Wow

Advertisement
Someone will have to help me better understand him as a prospect and provide official height/weight and any times. There's next to nothing on that film to give proper insight as to his ability to be an elite CB at the next level. I've seen more from watching QB videos than what I got out of these highlights.

Here's what I saw:

- doesn't accelerate through his cutbacks when he has the ball (this is a curious thing for a CB)
- plays tall at times

Here you go.

i've constantly heard that Campbell is the best prospect on that team, but his testing numbers are inferior to Surtain's... and he's listed as a lot smaller

(6-0/,162) - 4.67 40, 4.63 shuttle, 35 powerball, 33 vertical jump - 77.37 rating[/QUOTE]

i see a lot of people convincing themselves that this kid isn't a priority... **** that.

Locking up kids like this sends a statement that hasn't been communicated in over a decade. "the top prospects in SFL are MIAMI's!"

Surtain is elite.

Campbell is not even close.

I'm taking Asante Samuel Jr. over Campbell as well.

The armchair scouts on this board are a joke.

CB
Blades
Ivey
Surtain
Burns

S
Jobe
Frierson
Hall
Campbell

Can we make this happen please? Won't have to leave So.Fl...

JC

Advertisement
Those highlights show very little in coverage.

I have the feeling nobody threw his way.

This is how I rank the CB position in 2015-2016 combined in Broward/Dade/Palm Beach for kids we have a shot at...

1. Trajan Bandy
2. Josh Jobe
3. Pat Surtain
4. Al Blades
5. DJ Ivey
6. Gilbert Frierson
7. Chris Henderson (Off the charts speed but I have serious questions about toughness. Could be another Demarcus Van Dyke)
8. Asante Samuel Jr.
9. Tyson Campbell
10. Shawn Davis

We already have 3 cb's coming in Burns, Ivey and Blades. Two Safties in Jobe and Frierson. Maybe 1 more at each position...

Staff likes jobe at cb i believe. I think pete said burns will be on a track scholarship.

Advertisement

Here's what I saw:

- plays tall at times

Here you go.

i've constantly heard that Campbell is the best prospect on that team, but his testing numbers are inferior to Surtain's... and he's listed as a lot smaller

(6-0/,162) - 4.67 40, 4.63 shuttle, 35 powerball, 33 vertical jump - 77.37 rating

He looks much faster than 4.67.

Campbell and Surtain from Heritage should be our top two priorities at DB among those who aren't currently committed for 2018.

Have a feeling most -- not all, but most -- that are down on Surtain are basing their opinions on his perceived lack of interest in Miami. Happens all the time around here with top-rated talent. Surtain may very well be a longshot and he shouldn't be rated higher than Campbell, but he's a tremendous talent.
Nope, my opinion on Surtain is from seeing him play live multiple times...

I don't believe he's the #1 ranked player in Florida or even the best CB in the State for 2018.

I watched MNW WR's put on clinic on vs AH, MNW still lost the game but it wasn't because AH's Defense was almighty.

Saw the same thing in the State title game vs Ponte Vedra, that secondary gets lit up against teams that have legit WR's.

I think Pat Jr is a very good player, but I don't for one second think he's as great as he's touted to be & I don't say that because he's not coming here.

Imo, Asante Jr is the best pure Cover Corner in 2018 & he's not coming to Miami either...

Exactly why I said "not all, but most." You're an exception. Wasn't referring to you or any individual, but there's been a common theme on this board where the consensus opinion of a recruit is based primarily or solely on their interest level in Miami, including Surtain.

If Surtain was a cane commit right now, he would be the best prospect ever. "OMG we got the next Patrick Peterson!". "Asante is only 5'9 teheheehe. who needs him when you got the #1 DB in the nation!"

its embarrassing.

Advertisement
If Surtain was a cane commit right now, he would be the best prospect ever. "OMG we got the next Patrick Peterson!". "Asante is only 5'9 teheheehe. who needs him when you got the #1 DB in the nation!"

its embarrassing.

That's how I felt about Olsen...yep, that was embarrassing.

Advertisement
Back