Patrick surtain jr

Just so you all know.. Surtain is like 150% LSU lock.
Barring Orgeron tanking next year and a better coach coming along, Surtain is out of the picture.

That's the conventional wisdom, but I wouldn't put the percentage quite that high.

This is from his 7 on 7 coach and a few others. The relationship with the db coach at LSU and his pops relationship with him is going to be hard to overcome, we can always try though.

They also said Blades had his job taken in HS by a 2019 kid Jayden Davis...who is small, but a baller apparently.

This is absolutely true. Jaden was the best cover corner in STA's secondary this year. He wasn't as flashy and didn't play with the same swag as Assante Samuel, Jr., but Jaden will cover you.

Truthfully, Al Blades, Jr. didn't wow me. He has good size and speed, but his coverage skills were just okay and he missed a tackles.

Just how good is Blades JR,he got beat bad on a deep ball against a white wr from utah a feww weeks back.

wow. The bigotry knows no bounds..

Advertisement
Someone will have to help me better understand him as a prospect and provide official height/weight and any times. There's next to nothing on that film to give proper insight as to his ability to be an elite CB at the next level. I've seen more from watching QB videos than what I got out of these highlights.

Here's what I saw:

- + length, which I expect him to feature at the next two levels
- good enough overall speed
- straight shuffle step most of the time
- doesn't accelerate through his cutbacks when he has the ball (this is a curious thing for a CB)
- plays tall at times
- willing tackler, mostly saw tackles downfield
- playmaker, as he attacks the ball, of course this is a highlight video
- moved like a zone corner in the video linked above

I'd love to know some official times, especially short shuttle, as his short area seemed different in this 3:40 minute video than what I'd expect from the top corner in the state of Florida. If anyone has more video, would be glad to watch. Perhaps this was too limited.

Curious, what is a good shuttle time?
Depends on the year it was tested, firstly. If those times are from when the kid was in 9th grade, that's another thing altogether. Also, have to look at context, so I look at other shuttle times during that same testing period. For instance, Trajan Bandy ran the 3rd fastest short shuttle while weighing 175 pounds and Al Blades ran a sub 4, somehow. Those things stand out to me if I'm confident in my ability to mold players.
Fase

Last edited:
Campbell and Surtain from Heritage should be our top two priorities at DB among those who aren't currently committed for 2018.

Have a feeling most -- not all, but most -- that are down on Surtain are basing their opinions on his perceived lack of interest in Miami. Happens all the time around here with top-rated talent. Surtain may very well be a longshot and he shouldn't be rated higher than Campbell, but he's a tremendous talent.
Nope, my opinion on Surtain is from seeing him play live multiple times...

I don't believe he's the #1 ranked player in Florida or even the best CB in the State for 2018.

I watched MNW WR's put on clinic on vs AH, MNW still lost the game but it wasn't because AH's Defense was almighty.

Saw the same thing in the State title game vs Ponte Vedra, that secondary gets lit up against teams that have legit WR's.

I think Pat Jr is a very good player, but I don't for one second think he's as great as he's touted to be & I don't say that because he's not coming here.

Imo, Asante Jr is the best pure Cover Corner in 2018 & he's not coming to Miami either...

i watch these jrs go up against grimes jeudy and others and the one who stood out the most was al blades jr trajan bandy. go watch the dbs vs wr on you tube 5*challenge and watch how these guys play i mean these are jrs playing against seniors.

Last edited:
Campbell and Surtain from Heritage should be our top two priorities at DB among those who aren't currently committed for 2018.

Have a feeling most -- not all, but most -- that are down on Surtain are basing their opinions on his perceived lack of interest in Miami. Happens all the time around here with top-rated talent. Surtain may very well be a longshot and he shouldn't be rated higher than Campbell, but he's a tremendous talent.

I don't believe he's the #1 ranked player in Florida or even the best CB in the State for 2018.

I watched MNW WR's put on clinic on vs AH, MNW still lost the game but it wasn't because AH's Defense was almighty.

Saw the same thing in the State title game vs Ponte Vedra, that secondary gets lit up against teams that have legit WR's.

I think Pat Jr is a very good player, but I don't for one second think he's as great as he's touted to be & I don't say that because he's not coming here.

Imo, Asante Jr is the best pure Cover Corner in 2018 & he's not coming to Miami either...

i watch these jrs go up against grimes jeudy and others and the one who stood out the most was al blades jr. go watch the dbs vs wr on you tube and watch how these guys play.

Live Games > Camp Circuit

i watch these jrs go up against grimes jeudy and others and the one who stood out the most was al blades jr trajan bandy. go watch the dbs vs wr on you tube 5*challenge and watch how these guys play i mean these are jrs playing against seniors.

and no its not ashante he just have the name go watch 5* challenge against seniors.

Advertisement
Someone will have to help me better understand him as a prospect and provide official height/weight and any times. There's next to nothing on that film to give proper insight as to his ability to be an elite CB at the next level. I've seen more from watching QB videos than what I got out of these highlights.

Here's what I saw:

- doesn't accelerate through his cutbacks when he has the ball (this is a curious thing for a CB)
- plays tall at times

I'd love to know some official times, especially short shuttle, as his short area seemed different in this 3:40 minute video than what I'd expect from the top corner in the state of Florida. If anyone has more video, would be glad to watch. Perhaps this was too limited.

Curious, what is a good shuttle time?
Depends on the year it was tested, firstly. If those times are from when the kid was in 9th grade, that's another thing altogether. Also, have to look at context, so I look at other shuttle times during that same testing period. For instance, Trajan Bandy ran the 3rd fastest short shuttle while weighing 175 pounds and Al Blades ran a sub 4, somehow. Those things stand out to me if I'm confident in my ability to mold players.

didn't Berrios run the fastest shuttle in the nation?

Yup, it was top5 all time NFL combine speed. 3.8something. Granted he's had 2 knee injuries since then.

I agreed and that's based solely on the state games I saw. Asante Samuel Jr. is small but he can cover his *** off. Who does he favor if he has not interest in the U?

Here you go.

DB Patrick Surtain Jr. (2018) - (6-2/,192) - 4.57 40, 4.55 shuttle, 35 powerball, 35 vertical jump - 92.16 rating
Thank you, 252. Hadn't previously seen of the numbers.

i've constantly heard that Campbell is the best prospect on that team, but his testing numbers are inferior to Surtain's... and he's listed as a lot smaller

(6-0/,162) - 4.67 40, 4.63 shuttle, 35 powerball, 33 vertical jump - 77.37 rating

You do realize that those are numbers that Ty recorded between 8th and 9th Grades. Kid's about 6'3", 6'4" maybe 190 lbs. Once he's the tallest guy in his house, you're looking at 6'5", 6'6" FS/CB with 99th percentile closing speed. Lil cuz told me he clocked a 4.41 at UGA during the summer before the breakout sophomore season. I believe running a kickoff down and recovering it before it went out of bounds against DeMatha confirmed that.The only reason you're not drooling like Corky from Life Goes On over his numbers is because he was injured last camp season. Remember your porst when he gets invited to The Opening this year. Don't get me wrong, P.J. is a helluva player but I've been watching him since he was at PPO, the minute that things aren't perfect, when the opposition doesn't lay down, the kid folded then and he's been folding ever since. Back when Nayquan & the Gang were @ Pasadena Optimist, they played Pat Jr. & PPO and jumped out em early. He was hanging his head from the first score against him and when he got baptized a little later, it was over. No dog in him, straight to the bench tail tucked done for the day. The West game this past season, he checked out mentally after the first time he was beaten for a catch. You know when dem City Boys smell blood in the water it's feeding frenzy time. By the 3rd quarter, kid was crying under a towel on the sideline while the Bulls were tryna pull an FSpew-Ole ****. Anyone in attendance would tell you I ain't bull****ting. That's not the mental makeup of a lockdown DB and Savage in general. Meanwhile after being avoided all night basically, Tyson did get beat for the score to bring the West within 2. They went right back at him with the same kid, PBU, errbody go the **** home!!!! I've said it before, star whores and recruiting site watchers will come to AH games thinking Surtain and leave saying Campbell...
Good **** right here

Watching the states I was not impressed by Surtain, he good, but Campbell stood out and I loved his intensity. He made plays and is a big Muthaphucker!

Here's what I saw:

- plays tall at times

Here you go.

DB Patrick Surtain Jr. (2018) - (6-2/,192) - 4.57 40, 4.55 shuttle, 35 powerball, 35 vertical jump - 92.16 rating
Thank you, 252. Hadn't previously seen of the numbers.

i've constantly heard that Campbell is the best prospect on that team, but his testing numbers are inferior to Surtain's... and he's listed as a lot smaller

(6-0/,162) - 4.67 40, 4.63 shuttle, 35 powerball, 33 vertical jump - 77.37 rating

You do realize that those are numbers that Ty recorded between 8th and 9th Grades. Kid's about 6'3", 6'4" maybe 190 lbs. Once he's the tallest guy in his house, you're looking at 6'5", 6'6" FS/CB with 99th percentile closing speed. Lil cuz told me he clocked a 4.41 at UGA during the summer before the breakout sophomore season. I believe running a kickoff down and recovering it before it went out of bounds against DeMatha confirmed that.The only reason you're not drooling like Corky from Life Goes On over his numbers is because he was injured last camp season. Remember your porst when he gets invited to The Opening this year. Don't get me wrong, P.J. is a helluva player but I've been watching him since he was at PPO, the minute that things aren't perfect, when the opposition doesn't lay down, the kid folded then and he's been folding ever since. Back when Nayquan & the Gang were @ Pasadena Optimist, they played Pat Jr. & PPO and jumped out em early. He was hanging his head from the first score against him and when he got baptized a little later, it was over. No dog in him, straight to the bench tail tucked done for the day. The West game this past season, he checked out mentally after the first time he was beaten for a catch. You know when dem City Boys smell blood in the water it's feeding frenzy time. By the 3rd quarter, kid was crying under a towel on the sideline while the Bulls were tryna pull an FSpew-Ole ****. Anyone in attendance would tell you I ain't bull****ting. That's not the mental makeup of a lockdown DB and Savage in general. Meanwhile after being avoided all night basically, Tyson did get beat for the score to bring the West within 2. They went right back at him with the same kid, PBU, errbody go the **** home!!!! I've said it before, star whores and recruiting site watchers will come to AH games thinking Surtain and leave saying Campbell...

You already know my position. First to bring Campbell up on here. Surta in ain't no scrub..but I've seen him had. Reminds me a bit of Sean Smith former dolphin/chief. ..also no dog. Im a huge Asante fan as well..he's glue to wrs

Advertisement
That's the conventional wisdom, but I wouldn't put the percentage quite that high.

This is from his 7 on 7 coach and a few others. The relationship with the db coach at LSU and his pops relationship with him is going to be hard to overcome, we can always try though.

They also said Blades had his job taken in HS by a 2019 kid Jayden Davis...who is small, but a baller apparently.

This is absolutely true. Jaden was the best cover corner in STA's secondary this year. He wasn't as flashy and didn't play with the same swag as Assante Samuel, Jr., but Jaden will cover you.

Truthfully, Al Blades, Jr. didn't wow me. He has good size and speed, but his coverage skills were just okay and he missed a tackles.

Just how good is Blades JR,he got beat bad on a deep ball against a white wr from utah a feww weeks back.

He must be god awful if he got beat by a white WR. No good black DB ever gets beat by a white WR.

LOL.... Preach Brother

Blades and Campbell should be the priority; Frierson is a lock - don't think there's much to worry about there.

I think you mean Campbell should be the prioty. Blades been a Cane the day he came out the womb.

You still need to make blades a priority...

A prioriy? Its his given birth right to have that []_[] on his helmet. Holy fűck if you dont think hes coming here you should renounce your fandom because besides Frierson I dont see a more "Cane lock" for next year

Blades and Campbell should be the priority; Frierson is a lock - don't think there's much to worry about there.

I think you mean Campbell should be the prioty. Blades been a Cane the day he came out the womb.

You still need to make blades a priority...

A prioriy? Its his given birth right to have that []_[] on his helmet. Holy fűck if you dont think hes coming here you should renounce your fandom because besides Frierson I dont see a more "Cane lock" for next year

Of course, but you still make him feel like a priority

Advertisement
FSU or OSU.

With the secondary class OSU is pulling this car FSU will be in drivers seat for sure.

Don't know about that. He may say that fsu is leading but they already have 4* cb committed in 2018 and a 5* from Maryland heavily favouring them. Plus Surtain is probably higher on their board than Samuel.

Advertisement
Back