Patrick Surtain Jr. or Tyson Campbell ... who is better?

For those of you crowning Ivey...I suggest you hold your pet pigs and whoever said bandy and Ivey are our two best corners is high on tide.

And what makes y'all think curtain has a college body? He don't. Look like a young high school player. Both player can contribute year one. Campbell gives up some plays right now but I think he has the most potential of the two. I need to see more of his feet and change of direction to see if he can become a champ bailey type guy. Right now he just seems raw. His change of direction and feet kinda worry me.

Surtain is a pretty good player now who I think can get faster. Pretty good change of direction, pretty good ball skills, pretty good speed. Looks more technically sound.

Surtain looks like he's better right now IMO. If Campbell can work on his change of direction, feet (cut without gathering his feet etc.) I think he can be better.

Lmfao. Surtain is built like an NFL player already.

So this is what "young" high school corners look like?

https://goo.gl/images/byG4Ur

LMAO and get out of here with that noise.

Advertisement
we're gonna get surtain and going to be our best cb pull since howard (probably better to be honest)

and everyone still gonna complain about not getting campbell

Campbell is a lot more explosive but I think Surtain is better at craft.

People forget that Surtain didn't really get tested in high school so don't let the low INT numbers fool you.

Tyson can also play FS so there's that.

Both studs at the end of the day

He did get tested though..not sure about sr year..but teams went at him before.

tYSON cAMPBELL IS THE BETTER PLAYER IMO AND IVE BEEN SAYING IT FOR 2+ YEARS. Both are elite...Tyson has back end ability..and better ball skills, tackling

Surtain is coming... I just seen some **** on twitter when he was telling Tyson he better come join the U...

People forget that Surtain didn't really get tested in high school so don't let the low INT numbers fool you.

tYSON cAMPBELL IS THE BETTER PLAYER IMO AND IVE BEEN SAYING IT FOR 2+ YEARS. Both are elite...Tyson has back end ability..and better ball skills, tackling

I'd say their ball skills are both equal and playmaking ability is both equal.

Surtain is more physical, change of direction, and overall technique.

Campbell is faster that's the only edge I can see that he has over Surtain.

Advertisement

Nah brah

Campbell is actually more physical. That's clear as daylight

Nah brah

Campbell is actually more physical. That's clear as daylight

Not from what I saw in the Army game... a lot of arm tackles getting dragged. He is willing to tackle which I like but Surtain has a little more thump in his game.

For those of you crowning Ivey...I suggest you hold your pet pigs and whoever said bandy and Ivey are our two best corners is high on tide.

And what makes y'all think curtain has a college body? He don't. Look like a young high school player. Both player can contribute year one. Campbell gives up some plays right now but I think he has the most potential of the two. I need to see more of his feet and change of direction to see if he can become a champ bailey type guy. Right now he just seems raw. His change of direction and feet kinda worry me.

Surtain is a pretty good player now who I think can get faster. Pretty good change of direction, pretty good ball skills, pretty good speed. Looks more technically sound.

Surtain looks like he's better right now IMO. If Campbell can work on his change of direction, feet (cut without gathering his feet etc.) I think he can be better.

Lmfao. Surtain is built like an NFL player already.

I guess if I wore size 5 in cabbage patch kids shoes I'd think that too. Say that dumb chit to some real athletes they'd slap the chit out of you. LMFAO at some kid with twig arms looking like a NFL corner stfu with that stupid chit b.

Surtain has better ball skills and technique.

Campbell is the more physical defender overall but Surtain is physical in coverage. He will struggle to win reps if he doesn't get a good jam so he has to be a physical cover guy. His margin for error is very small if he doesn't have safety help.

I don't know where you get the idea Surtain has better change of direction. His overall athleticism is very limited and Campbell has elite fluidity and speed for his size. Don't mistake technique for athleticism.

Ultimately I see Campbell as a potential cover 1 island corner that can matchup with almost anyone. He just needs some minor technique issues to be fixed. Surtain is college-ready to cover bigger less athletic WRs but he will need help against smaller more dynamic WRs, thus the Sean Smith comparison. Surtain and Ivey both look like quality zone corners at the very least and that's something Miami hasn't had in quite some time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back