Patrick Surtain Jr. or Tyson Campbell ... who is better?

B

BTerrinoni

Both of these guys are number 1 and 2 cornerbacks in the country, they are ELITE ... who actually is better? What skill set does one bring over the other? Thought this would be a good discussion to pass time till Signing Day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Campbell is out right faster and looks longer. His uncle still said he was growing though. So think a faster Antonio Cromartie. Surtain is bigger, still extremely fast. Think TC has a higher ceiling but Surtains floor is higher now and either way his ceiling is elite. Think a better version of VHIII.

No 1 knows for sure. They are both going to be playing on Sundays and I am praying that we get one of them.

Advertisement
Campbell is out right faster and looks longer. His uncle still said he was growing though. So think a faster Antonio Cromartie. Surtain is bigger, still extremely fast. Think TC has a higher ceiling but Surtains floor is higher now and either way his ceiling is elite. Think a better version of VHIII.

LOL, Hargreaves is 5'10

Raheem Buxton

wow. Well played.

As to the OP they're both amazing players and it's hard to separate them talent-wise. They're #1 and #2 rankings-wise, both big, fast guys that can run and are elite CBs. Pick one and I'll be thrilled.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Both are very good, surtain is bigger and built like an nfl db already, Campbell is faster and is more physical. Both are elite, I prefer Campbell but surtain is an elite as well. They are far and above the top 2 cb prospects this class

LOL, Hargreaves is 5'10
Was just about to say LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There was a clip on PS2's highlight tape, I believe, in which TC outpaces him on PS2's own punt/kick return. I think there's also a clip of Bethel getting tracked down by TC. That type of speed has to be game-changing. And, his highlights showed that he likes to pop people. Both have incredible potential, but TC might be THAT guy wherever he ends up.

Advertisement

LOL, Hargreaves is 5'10
Was just about to say LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 and 1A

On tape comparisons:

Surtain- Jimmy Smith or Richard Sherman
Cambpell- X Rhodes, or a little faster Minkah Fitzpatrick...Reprotedly still growing though so can he stay outside?

You guys that have seen them live...Good or bad comparisons?

Advertisement
Back