Patrick Surtain Jr. or Tyson Campbell ... who is better?

Both of these guys are number 1 and 2 cornerbacks in the country, they are ELITE ... who actually is better? What skill set does one bring over the other? Thought this would be a good discussion to pass time till Signing Day.

This is exactly what has had them not wanting to play on the same team. Neither wants the other’s shade. Great timing on the post.

Advertisement
Campbell is out right faster and looks longer. His uncle still said he was growing though. So think a faster Antonio Cromartie. Surtain is bigger, still extremely fast. Think TC has a higher ceiling but Surtains floor is higher now and either way his ceiling is elite. Think a better version of VHIII.

LOL, Hargreaves is 5'10
I meant more that VHIII was an extremely polished player coming out of HS. Some said he was already maxed out. I see Surtain not maxed out but definitely college ready now.

Equally great in different ways.

Really just comes down to preference of certain styles (if you can even call it that with these two.). Since each one's game is extremely polished.

Advertisement
We will have to sign them both and watch them play 3-4 years before making a decision.

Campbell is a lot more explosive but I think Surtain is better at craft.

People forget that Surtain didn't really get tested in high school so don't let the low INT numbers fool you.

Tyson can also play FS so there's that.

Both studs at the end of the day

Advertisement
Advertisement
Campbell has Patrick Peterson/Xavier Rhodes type of upside.

Surtain is more like Sean Smith from what I've seen.

I like Blades Jr. better than Surtain.

Cambpell is still growing and clocked in a sub 21s time in the 200m. Scary speed for his size.

Last post PS2 coming.. I'm let the naysayers do what they will. I believe home pulls his heart

Advertisement
I thinking both guys are good TC is a little stiff in the hip but he has elite length and speed to make up for that. PS2 reminds me of Revis not that fast but smooth and effortless in and out his back peddle and he has good speed and I actually think once he gets in a college weight room he will be alot faster.

From what I saw in the Army game Surtain looks like the Better prospect. Is really smooth in the way he moves looks faster than the 4.5 something forty which is plenty fast for someone 6'2" 200lbs.

Campbell is very fluid and you can see his speed but doesn't adjust as smoothly as Surtain and isn't as physical.

Both are elite of the elite.... I think both are better than Patrick Peterson who is the most overrated player db of this era.

Advertisement
Back