Patrick Surtain is a moron

Advertisement
But why discredit Berrios? He could have shown displeasure of not offering w/out bringing down Berrios.

If this is the case why the frick aren't they busting balls about the other two big Florida schools?!! **** why aren't they *****ing or you also wondering why?!!! After all isn't fswho and Oof killing us in recruiting these last few years? So obviously they must have a better eye for this than us? I'm not saying the kid is not talented, then again I'm not saying he is, after all nobody ere is qualified to make that statement.

But again as it was brought up and needs o be reiterated, what the frick with all this attacking us and our recruit?! If the other local in state programs offer and we don't fine, but they didn't so why aren't they being attacked?!

But why discredit Berrios? He could have shown displeasure of not offering w/out bringing down Berrios.

I agree. Also the staff needs a certain amount of EE's to maximize this class and have to work the numbers based on other commits who can or cannot EE. Numbers game, some get left out unfortunately.

Advertisement
Why get mad at a coach for sticking up for his player who would have been interested in staying home but never got the opportunity. All the coach is saying is for UM to be honest about why they are or aren't offering a kid. IM is special and I think we will regret passing up on him.

Advertisement
You know what gets me?

We got the guy with video game numbers! We got the guy who broke the record for the shuttle drill that stood for 10 years I believe! We got the guy who has the right mentality and attitude that is in every Cane! Yet I read that this McKenzie kid is just as good? HOW???? Please tell me! Berrios, because of his attitude, mentality and leadership is one of our list important recruits, yet we are flipping out over this other slot receiver? Is it because this kid is from South Florida? Please get out of here. Berrios is the real deal! Support him an stop thinking about who we didn't get/offer!

Questioning why we didn't offer McKenzie is valid. Questioning why we didn't offer McKenzie because we have a commitment from a player that is talented as **** and does nothing but impress people watching him, whether in camps, the football season or all star game, who happens to also be an early enrollee makes you look like an idiot.

He's going to ND. That tells me that even if we did offer him he wasn't coming here.

South Florida kids that choose ND over any in-state schools tend to be the ones that just want to get away.

He's going to ND. That tells me that even if we did offer him he wasn't coming here.

South Florida kids that choose ND over any in-state schools tend to be the ones that just want to get away.

Except he didn't have any offers from the in-state schools

Advertisement
You know what gets me?

We got the guy with video game numbers! We got the guy who broke the record for the shuttle drill that stood for 10 years I believe! We got the guy who has the right mentality and attitude that is in every Cane! Yet I read that this McKenzie kid is just as good? HOW???? Please tell me! Berrios, because of his attitude, mentality and leadership is one of our list important recruits, yet we are flipping out over this other slot receiver? Is it because this kid is from South Florida? Please get out of here. Berrios is the real deal! Support him an stop thinking about who we didn't get/offer!

How? Watch for yourself:

Sr highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/167780/highlights/117051380?autoplay=1

Jr Highlights:

http://youtu.be/aN_rp7NEhyE

Kid is super talented, and he is in south florida. I know some say it doesnt matter but to people down here it does. Some guys are really peculiar about that, I remember one of the best scouts down here was religious about miami taking the florida kids over everybody (RIP LAUS)

and the kid plays slot, special teams and defense. He can easily put on 20 lbs in a college weight room. he is more versatile with room to grow. Berrios is a beast and great pickup, but not taking this kid is :ohlord:

Advertisement
Let's say Miami did offer IM and he committed...people would be crying about Lamar Parker.

Don't see why he's a moron for his opinion. Berrios and McKenzie are very similar players, all else equal why not take the local kid? I think that is his argument. You have a beast slot receiver/returner wanting to stay home and he got no interest yet they went out of state and signed the exact same type of player. I don't think that discredits Barrios who is a beast in his own right, more questioning why his player isn't getting the attention he thinks he deserves.

I know Joker Phillips has said McKenzie is a top 5 receiver at his position nationally in his opinion and if he had a few inches and a few pounds would be nationally regarded. Brian Kelly thinks he's one of the best playmakers in the country, everybody who has watched McKenzie has come away saying the same thing. But word is he won't qualify anywhere this year which may be a reason none of the florida schools offered.

Advertisement
Back