Patrick Payton 2021 OLB/SS

Advertisement
some of these kids are gonna end up at the a&m, Arkansas, USCe 's of the world chasing bags and wasting their only transfer and will learn to regret it

hopefully this dude comes home but it's definitely crazy times in college football

I used to say, if given a chance, I’d take being a college coach over a pro coach any day of the week. Not anymore. What a nightmare. This is an absolute circus and it’s only going to get worse. NFL players got more loyalty to their employers and teammates these days.

Yeah I really don’t like where all this is going. I’m glad players can get paid but college football is forever over as we knew it. It’s more pro where your pot for the team and don’t care as much about the individual player cause they may be gone the next year. It’s all business which is fine but it takes a lot away from what most of us probably enjoyed with college and the pride of playing for your university.

Money going straight to kids heads, yea he’s a good player but he’s in no position to be pulling stuff like this
You’re not wrong but someone will over pay for him. I’d want to see some production without Verse opposite him before I’d break the bank open.

Advertisement
There yall go with them pronouncements again. So when the "mopes" call u on it dont be mad sir. U dont know and i dont know, how about that? Cuz i heard the same thing this very summer into the season.
In OBM’s defense, he didn’t say anything wrong. At some point, Mario is going to have to win on the field. If he doesn’t in Year 3, how much longer will we keep giving him “time to flip the roster”? Sounds like we’re on the verge of a major overhaul this year, which is fine…but at some point you can’t keep using it as an excuse.

I don’t blame him for taking Payton in a hypothetical choice. We need proven production to mix with younger kids (albeit Uber-talented).

Ay..... I would LOVE to be wrong about this lol. Maybe he's just trying to get fsu to up his pay 🤷🏾‍♂️ idk. It just feels like a joke to me.

Win win to me. He gets them to pay more...they have less money for NIL. He e ter the portal they lose a good player.

Advertisement
Yeah I really don’t like where all this is going. I’m glad players can get paid but college football is forever over as we knew it. It’s more pro where your pot for the team and don’t care as much about the individual player cause they may be gone the next year. It’s all business which is fine but it takes a lot away from what most of us probably enjoyed with college and the pride of playing for your university.
Is it time for the collectives that are paying the kids NIL deals to start implementing "Financial Buyouts" if the kids Transfer Portal out.

Signed,

Peruche

There yall go with them pronouncements again. So when the "mopes" call u on it dont be mad sir. U dont know and i dont know, how about that? Cuz i heard the same thing this very summer into the season.
They pushing those goalposts back about winning when it’s already been proven it’s about relationships.

The “make that money kid” crowd is getting what they asked for. Personally, I think the interests of the game and its tradition should trump an individual’s right to exploit the game to personally benefit to the greatest extent possible. But very few people want to touch that position, even though professional leagues have guardrails in place that recognize this concept. These “kids” want to play this game, then let them collectively bargain and put them under contracts with a salary cap. Call a spade a spade. It’s a professional sport now.

Advertisement
Is it time for the collectives that are paying the kids NIL deals to start implementing "Financial Buyouts" if the kids Transfer Portal out.

Signed,

Peruche
Payments stop once they aren’t enrolled so no worries there. Just wild it’s a free for all.

I think it should be 1 transfer unless your head coach is fired/leaves. Being able to transfer 2,3,4 times in a college career is nuts .

So RB is overloaded but DE isn’t? Makes sense. You don’t think a room of Mesidor, Kelly, Wayne, Bain, Lightfoot, And potentially 2 portal guys/Dylan Stewart would be loaded? But the RB room is? I’d make an argument both rooms are.
Don't forget moss and Rudolph, Pickett!

Yes overloaded lol. Which is a good thing. With the guys on roster, assuming Mesidor and kelly are healthy, plus the freshman coming in, plus the portal, plus potentially adding Dylan Stewart. Yeah overloaded. We’d had 8 defensive ends who could realistically see the field. Kelly, Mesidor, Bain, Wayne is already a very good group. Then add Lightfoot, and if they add Dylan Stewart he will be playing also.
Moss,Pickett and rushing say don't forget about us either!! And mcconathey(sp)!

Advertisement
The “make that money kid” crowd is getting what they asked for. Personally, I think the interests of the game and its tradition should trump an individual’s right to exploit the game to personally benefit to the greatest extent possible. But very few people want to touch that position, even though professional leagues have guardrails in place that recognize this concept. These “kids” want to play this game, then let them collectively bargain and put them under contracts with a salary cap. Call a spade a spade. It’s a professional sport now.
Yeah make that money kid. Im one of them. Whats the difference when Jimbo ran out of there for 100M. Get the right type of characters in there. FSU built their roster on portal mercenaries and are reaping the benefits. And there is a difference between players who are getting the value they deserve and over inflated ego mercenaries. Thats why we should have canned TVD soon as he pulled that stunt after spring. Principles and character mattersz maybe even more now. Btw if they put guard rails in place, like u say. The schools will be shelling out way more based on what they are making off the players in TV money. NIL is peanuts compared to that.

the only position we are even close to being "overloaded" at is RB and that will be if we keep everyone and add lyle, Riley, and wheatley-humphrey

we need as many difference makers as we can get in the trenches

the tricky part is, Payton is gonna want a BAG. is he THAT much of an improvement over what we have? roster and salary cap era is here
We've been mediocre so long that even are fans are satisfied with status quo. Only one guy on DL should have a leg up on starting and that is Bain. I hope they have someone challenging him for his spot as well. I'm tired of having freshmen peak and never have to compete again for reps.

Really could give a sh*t man. Miami is very well positioned at DE currently. That’s not a false statement. And adding Payton and possibly Stewart would make for a crowded room to say the very least, which I’m all for it. I’m just saying there wouldn’t be enough PT to go around
Fln6qscWAAM7PpG.jpg

Yeah make that money kid. Im one of them. Whats the difference when Jimbo ran out of there for 100M. Get the right type of characters in there. FSU built their roster on portal mercenaries and are reaping the benefits. And there is a difference between players who are getting the value they deserve and over inflated ego mercenaries. Thats why we should have canned TVD soon as he pulled that stunt after spring. Principles and character mattersz maybe even more now. Btw if they put guard rails in place, like u say. The schools will be shelling out way more based on what they are making off the players in TV money. NIL is peanuts compared to that.
Good thing you’re not in charge. This thing would continue on track right off a cliff.

Advertisement
Back