Patrick Payton 2021 OLB/SS

Dont blame the kids for trying to get their piece of the cake, they been getting left out for years or getting shorted while the NCAA ran up billions.

Its gonna need some guard rails eventually but i think we’re seeing the extreme opposite right now, should balance itself out in the next few years

Advertisement
Sonnone is a fool. Zero chance that story is true

They over allocated funds a long time ago and it’s catching up. Sold out for this season and went undefeated and didn’t even make the playoff.

All downhill from here. But winning big in 2023 was always the only plan at any cost. Didn’t work for them… well it did… but didnt.

What does “over allocated funds a long time ago” mean? Do you mean that they put all their money into a small number of kids?

Advertisement
Dont blame the kids for trying to get their piece of the cake, they been getting left out for years or getting shorted while the NCAA ran up billions.

Its gonna need some guard rails eventually but i think we’re seeing the extreme opposite right now, should balance itself out in the next few years

Agree with all of this. The pendulum swung from hyper-unfair treatment to wild, barely regulated compensation. Will take some time to find a smart, fair resting place, but I don't doubt it'll happen.

They have to do something about the transfer rule to start. It openly encourages the free agency type mindset. Set some barriers there on what qualifies you for an immediate eligibility transfer, make it black and white.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back