Patrick Payton 2021 OLB/SS

Advertisement
Overloaded?? And you listed two guys who was hurt for alot of the season?
Yes overloaded lol. Which is a good thing. With the guys on roster, assuming Mesidor and kelly are healthy, plus the freshman coming in, plus the portal, plus potentially adding Dylan Stewart. Yeah overloaded. We’d had 8 defensive ends who could realistically see the field. Kelly, Mesidor, Bain, Wayne is already a very good group. Then add Lightfoot, and if they add Dylan Stewart he will be playing also.

I used to say, if given a chance, I’d take being a college coach over a pro coach any day of the week. Not anymore. What a nightmare. This is an absolute circus and it’s only going to get worse. NFL players got more loyalty to their employers and teammates these days.

Advertisement
Yes overloaded lol. Which is a good thing. With the guys on roster, assuming Mesidor and kelly are healthy, plus the freshman coming in, plus the portal, plus potentially adding Dylan Stewart. Yeah overloaded. We’d had 8 defensive ends who could realistically see the field. Kelly, Mesidor, Bain, Wayne is already a very good group. Then add Lightfoot, and if they add Dylan Stewart he will be playing also.
Im soooo glad that you have no input irl.

How about Mesidor and Kelly? We are way overloaded at DE lol.
the only position we are even close to being "overloaded" at is RB and that will be if we keep everyone and add lyle, Riley, and wheatley-humphrey

we need as many difference makers as we can get in the trenches

the tricky part is, Payton is gonna want a BAG. is he THAT much of an improvement over what we have? roster and salary cap era is here

Advertisement
Im soooo glad that you have no input irl.
Really could give a sh*t man. Miami is very well positioned at DE currently. That’s not a false statement. And adding Payton and possibly Stewart would make for a crowded room to say the very least, which I’m all for it. I’m just saying there wouldn’t be enough PT to go around

the only position we are even close to being "overloaded" at is RB and that will be if we keep everyone and add lyle, Riley, and wheatley-humphrey

we need as many difference makers as we can get in the trenches

the tricky part is, Payton is gonna want a BAG. is he THAT much of an improvement over what we have? roster and salary cap era is here
So RB is overloaded but DE isn’t? Makes sense. You don’t think a room of Mesidor, Kelly, Wayne, Bain, Lightfoot, And potentially 2 portal guys/Dylan Stewart would be loaded? But the RB room is? I’d make an argument both rooms are.

Pat Payton 1000%. We have to win games next year or there aren’t going to be any 11th hour whales in 2025. He’s lucky kids are giving him 2 years. He doesn’t get 3.
There yall go with them pronouncements again. So when the "mopes" call u on it dont be mad sir. U dont know and i dont know, how about that? Cuz i heard the same thing this very summer into the season.

So RB is overloaded but DE isn’t? Makes sense. You don’t think a room of Mesidor, Kelly, Wayne, Bain, Lightfoot, And potentially 2 portal guys/Dylan Stewart would be loaded? But the RB room is? I’d make an argument both rooms are.
well first off, why are you counting 2 portal guys and Dylan Stewart?

sure if we get 2 portal guys and Dylan Stewart that might change things but you can't act like they are already here so we shouldn't try to get Payton lmao

Advertisement
well first off, why are you counting 2 portal guys and Dylan Stewart?

sure if we get 2 portal guys and Dylan Stewart that might change things but you can't act like they are already here so we shouldn't try to get Payton lmao
I don’t have to count 2 portal guys + Stewart, it’s already crowded without them. Also, Because it’s pretty well known they’re gonna be aggressive in the portal. And Payton is a portal guy. How much PT you think is gonna go around? Dont confuse it with me not wanting Payton, I’m just saying in this day and age kids wanna play or they’re gonna leave the program, which is my point of a crowded room. So if Payton comes expect somebody to leave

I don’t have to count 2 portal guys + Stewart, it’s already crowded without them. Also, Because it’s pretty well known they’re gonna be aggressive in the portal. And Payton is a portal guy. How much PT you think is gonna go around? Dont confuse it with me not wanting Payton, I’m just saying in this day and age kids wanna play or they’re gonna leave the program, which is my point of a crowded room. So if Payton comes expect somebody to leave
the logic train is off the rails my friend

idk what to tell you. if you think we're not going to aggressively pursue Payton, then you're wrong

Advertisement
Loaded on potential, not on tangible results. Very good room with potential to become stacked with one or two additions.

3CCC92AB-4464-4B70-B316-7DBF1FDA74EE.jpeg

On the Next Fansville by Dr. Pepper…. FSU.

Really could give a sh*t man. Miami is very well positioned at DE currently. That’s not a false statement. And adding Payton and possibly Stewart would make for a crowded room to say the very least, which I’m all for it. I’m just saying there wouldn’t be enough PT to go around
Soooo, someone enters the portal after this year?
Guess what it'll happen again the next year, and the year after that as well. I mean we're talking about a guy in Payton who knows damned well the room isn't crowded at FSU so he playing 'the game'.

Here's the point. If we can get him yes we take him, and as many other edge guys we can, as often as we can, and stack chips. So what if they leave, this is the world we live in now.
**** or get off the pot.

Advertisement
Back