Pate's Take on the Win

Advertisement
Advertisement
His is the only national show I watch. He’s one of the few that doesn’t take pleasure talking about a Miami L.
Yup. The only other thing I'll routinely watch is Feldman's weekly segment on Eisen and that's aided in that they'll post it as a standalone video on YouTube. And Bruce isn't without flaw too as he was obviously forced to go a little heavier with the Colorado hype lunacy than I'm sure he actually believed since he's part of Fox's Big Noon Kickoff broadcast.

Yup. The only other thing I'll routinely watch is Feldman's weekly segment on Eisen and that's aided in that they'll post it as a standalone video on YouTube. And Bruce isn't without flaw too as he was obviously forced to go a little heavier with the Colorado hype lunacy than I'm sure he actually believed since he's part of Fox's Big Noon Kickoff broadcast.
Feldman is another good one… dude wrote a book about the U after all!

Advertisement
Comparatively? Yes. It was rumored that Pate was offered a contract with ESPN last year. He picked up a massive sponsorship with Academy sports and studio investment which now allows him creative freedom to make the show he wants.
Gotta respect his journey. Plus he sounds informed. No fanboy nonsense. He does call out the garbage though. Good show and he speaks well too

I haven't watched it. But a serious question. Do you all like him because he seems to be pro Miami?
speaking for myself, no. I like him because he cuts through the BS and the politics and presents his opinions and arguments clearly and concisely.

No one is immune to either praise or criticism. He's been all over Dabo this season. Last night it was Dabo and Lincoln Riley.

He opened the show going after Emmanuel Acho's advice to Caleb Williams to shut it down and prep for the combine/draft...
(see below)

I haven't watched it. But a serious question. Do you all like him because he seems to be pro Miami?
He is pro-reason.

Big difference.

The only issue where I take issue with him is officiating.

He is in the camp of gross incompetence. I, corrrectly so, am in the camp that conferences are placing their thumbs on the scales for certain teams for a variety of reasons.

Nothing stopping from going to full camera watch of each play.

Advertisement
Personally, I can't wait until SMD starts her podcast.

Love me some "break the huddle to start practiCe" and "so and so is on exercise bike" content.

MOAR!!

Starts at the 29:25 mark. Seemingly the highlight of his wknd. He gives a take on Dabo/Clemson after and then announces that he got a new deal with FanDuel. Good for him. Got some of that McAfee cash they got back.

Thank you for posting. I watched for awhile but wasn’t sure when he was going to talk Miami. He nailed it. As I stated since the summer. This is an 8 win team. Anything over that was gravy. Mario still has a path to 8 wins. Get to that and he shows progress. That’s where the program is. Keep building year over year, recruiting class over recruiting class.

No one can sit here and say they don’t see a major difference in this team from last year. Miami is one boneheaded decision away from being 6-1 and ranked top 15. The eyes don’t lie. Mario is getting this thing right but it takes time.

Advertisement
He is pro-reason.

Big difference.
Yeah I think people like his show for two main reasons.

First is what you mentioned. There are a lot of hardcore fans out there that are passionate about a team but also just love college football. Pate is probably the most balanced, objective, and neutral media guy out there.

I love my Miami content from CIS and others but I also love hearing about the national landscape. So for those of us who don't want to hear people yelling at each other or spewing hot takes for the sake of views, Pate gives us that objectivity on a national scale.

Second is he is such a wordsmith that he makes every fanbase feel like he's 'pro-their team' even when he's just providing neutral takes. When your team loses, Pate provides the silver-lining and sky isn't falling narrative. When your team wins, he hypes you up (without overdoing it) and gets your believing even more.

Yeah I think people like his show for two main reasons.

First is what you mentioned. There are a lot of hardcore fans out there that are passionate about a team but also just love college football. Pate is probably the most balanced, objective, and neutral media guy out there.

I love my Miami content from CIS and others but I also love hearing about the national landscape. So for those of us who don't want to hear people yelling at each other or spewing hot takes for the sake of views, Pate gives us that objectivity on a national scale.

Second is he is such a wordsmith that he makes every fanbase feel like he's 'pro-their team' even when he's just providing neutral takes. When your team loses, Pate provides the silver-lining and sky isn't falling narrative. When your team wins, he hypes you up (without overdoing it) and gets your believing even more.
His take on whoever loses, that fan base will be spewing venom…accurate 😂

I like him because he truly believes that college football is a premium sports product and loves the college pageantry and what it offers the fanbase. He wants to save college football at all cost. That includes saving what Miami stands for.

Advertisement
Back