Patchan to try TE?

Advertisement
We have 7 Quality DEs at this time. The top 4 are C. Thomas, J Jackson, D Jackson and Trent Harris. Which leaves 3 DEnds that there is not a lot of snaps for. Garvin, DJ, Patchan. Just maybe CMR went to all 3 and asked if anyone wanted to try TE also for a chance at more playing time this year ala DJ at Fullback his freshman year. It does not mean he cant still practice at Dend some as well.

Advertisement
The depth at DE is scary. The depth at TE is scary for the opposite reason. Patchan is a team guy and wants to play. He can help us more at TE than DE right now.

I like when guys play both ways. It makes them better athletes and football players. He will be just fine when he returns to DE.

Scott Patchan is not needed at DE... we need TEs. So he can be a 2nd or 3rd string TE or a 5th or 6th string DE.

And I'm sure the coaching staff has to evaluate him at the TE position before anything is solidified.. y'all will bxtch about anything. Scott Patchan to TE omg our season lol smh

Rick said today that Scott approached the coaches himself and asked to try it out. Rick and kool also alluded to the numbers at DE. Perhaps he wasn't going to play

Advertisement
kinda late for a position switch, especially from defense to offense. I was looking forward to patch cause havoc at de this year, didn't he have like 3 sacks in one of the scrimmages?

I'd like for him to get another shot at DE next spring. Thomas is leaving and TBH, I can see Patch push DJax for a lot of PT next fall.

Jimmy Graham's first football practice was in August 2009. By April 2010 he was a 3rd round draft pick.

That likely wouldn't be the case with Patchan but he's got three seasons to make something happen here, so it's still early enough to try him at TE.

Advertisement
I hope this is just Sperman being the cumbag he is and not reality.

This TE obsession amongst UM fans is crazy af. Patchan can be a difference maker at DE. Fck a 3rd TE. If Herndon gets hurt, put tubby in. If Tubby can't handle it, then go 4 wide.

**** kid worked like **** to get back...now expose him to getting hit in the knees. SMH

Patchan has major upside at DE

What did he work so hard to come back from? ****, he didn't get the prior injuries from playing TE?!

Bottom line, **** happens at every position...he knows it and so does everyone that suits up.

The kid WANTS to play the position to hopefully get on the field more often to help our freakin squad. Maybe he picks it up, maybe he sucks at it...doesn't hurt to find out.

UM

His Uncle said he has a hard time keeping on weight. Maybe he knows he has the frame & athleticism to play as a mismatch nightmare, but not one to excel at DE. IT MIGHT BE THE BEST BUSINESS DECISION HE HAS EVEN IF IT DOESN'T APPEAR GREAT.

If any of the DEs trying TE, DJ Johnson would be my pick due to his track speed and experience from high school.

Advertisement
If any of the DEs trying TE, DJ Johnson would be my pick due to his track speed and experience from high school.

That speed/size combo would be deadly, however It is not worth the risk IMO. With players actually getting better each year for the first time in a long time it's scary to think what him & Garvin will be doing to opposing QB's in a couple years. Those are two Freakish athletes.

Advertisement
Back