Patchan to the portal

Sad to see him go, but it's a smart move for him. Not just on the football field, where he can go and start at a smaller school, but in the classroom, where getting a Master's degree from a different school than you got your undergraduate is preferable in most employer's eyes.
Great point!

Advertisement
this is a good development, yes he’s an older player and will be missed in that aspect but this allows for us to build depth as we could have several de departures for the draft after next year let’s be real. That de rotation going to be crazy

Rousseau
Phillips
Roche
Harvey
Chantz Williams
Quentin Williams
Cam Williams
YOUR MISSING A DEFENSIVE END BUT SHHHH I WILL KEEP THAT TO MYSELF 🤫💪🏽🌪 and he’s gonna 🍽 and he’s proved he’s a 🦍already!

Advertisement
Sooooo... he would kill it in the MAC? Like Roach did?

I realize you must be related to SP, but come on, man. He's not super big and strong like the Bama, LSU 3-4 DEs. He's not a fast twitch DE either. He can barely keep his 255ish playing weight, and he's got no off the charts qualities except for his tenacity.

I actually like the guy a lot, but to think he would earn playing time over a healthy Rousseau, Roche, Phillips or even Harvey is asinine.

He's doing the right thing, and I've go no problems with it.

He didn’t quit. He’s been here for 5 years and has his degree. How can you knock a kid that’s been through multiple ACL surgeries and wants to be a full time starter in his last season instead of behind the top 2 returning DEs in the nation
Agreed. Plus the narrative that he was ineffective is off too. He wasn't a world beater, but his stats weren't far off Garvins. He was a solid contributor.

If you'd rather start somewhere ****** than be a rotational player at Miami, you don't love the program as much as you think. You have to know by now NFL isn't in the cards.
He gave a lot to the program, and it's reached a point where they don't see him as being that important. They brought in others they feel are better, now it's his time to enjoy being a starter somewhere he's needed and useful for his final year. I wish him the best.

Advertisement
He gave a lot to the program, and it's reached a point where they don't see him as being that important. They brought in others they feel are better, now it's his time to enjoy being a starter somewhere he's needed and useful for his final year. I wish him the best.

He’d be useful here, that’s the thing. He has a role here as a run stopping defensive end.

Best of luck to him

he grinned out for us. Hope he succeeds wherever he ends up unless it’s against Miami

Keep the same energy. He sucks. Don’t need him stealing any minutes this year. Coaches said he set the edge and was disciplined. Season said that was a lie...

Advertisement
this is a good development, yes he’s an older player and will be missed in that aspect but this allows for us to build depth as we could have several de departures for the draft after next year let’s be real. That de rotation going to be crazy

Rousseau
Phillips
Roche
Harvey
Chantz Williams
Quentin Williams
Cam Williams
Yep exactly top 3 could possibly leave so we’ll def get to see the youngins so that’ll be exciting which Williams you like to make noise 1st lol

Look I really hope the kid the best. I’m sure he’s a fine kid. He could have helped this team and he quit on them. That’s my point.
He didn't quit on them...he made a business decision with support from the coaching staff and his family. In fact, he helped the younger guys on the team since they'll get more PT...Quit is a very poor choice of words in Scott's case.

Advertisement
I'd have stayed just to be a part of the rebuild. This year could be special if the O works out. As for limited reps, so what? Does he really want to get that many reps on those knees next year? ****, limited playing time would be his friend, if you ask me. Let him come in and do his thing as a fresh backup, against tired OL. That film would look good.

I'm not going to trash him, though. Anyone that has worked as hard as he has deserves our respect.

By reading this thread, I myself feel like I'm in a some sort of portal to another place. Beem me up Scotty. :tedbong:

CIS then: “I hate the coaches - they play favorites like giving Patchan snaps. He is useless and shouldn’t play.”

Patchan transfers because he sees that he’s getting pushed (way?) down the rotation.

CIS now: “Oh no we’ve lost a cane legend. No depth! Our pets heads are falling off!!”

The truth: This was best for us and Patchan.

Advertisement
Back