Patchan to the portal

Congratulations to patchan and with the sacriffices he made to this program, nobody should ever bash or complain about any decision this man makes, he could've shut it down a long time ago. Also, technically he should be playing for another team(hopefully pro) anyway, going into his 6th year of college ball, 1 more year and they might've made him a part time professor. I had no problem with cabbage patch on the squad, but coach diaz needs to really make sure he's actually having fair competitions, otherwise **** will definitely start vacating. While its great to stack talent, player management is definitely important, if a headcoach is being fair, players will respect em, if coach diaz thinks he can hand out playing time to quitters and the underserving, the others guys will see right thru it!

Advertisement
this is a good development, yes he’s an older player and will be missed in that aspect but this allows for us to build depth as we could have several de departures for the draft after next year let’s be real. That de rotation going to be crazy

Rousseau
Phillips
Roche
Harvey
Chantz Williams
Quentin Williams
Cam Williams

i'm just fkcing glad baker can drop these guys 30 yards in coverage and line one up over defensive tackle.

Depth guy. Not needed.. we have Phillips and all the young guys. We will be straight. He wouldn’t get any snaps anyway

With Roche and Rousseau this year why waste rotational snaps on a sixth year guy? Patchan was inconsistent last year, I’d rather play the young guys and let them learn. I’d imagine the staff would think the same way.

Because Roche and Greg will need snaps off every now and again, and because people frequently get injured playing the game of football. Great teams are great because of depth. Patchan was valuable depth.

Advertisement
I don't think it's a huge blow but I'd hesitate to call it "good." The only guy on that list who has done anything meaningful at UM is Rousseau. Roche should be a great addition but he's 235 lbs. Phillips hasn't played in a year. The other guys are still very young and haven't proven anything. It's not really a game changer for us but I think SP could have stayed and still put up draftable numbers here.

every year with us, it’s always the guy that’s not done anything. Our history shows that must time they are not better than the last guy!

Bummer, would've been a solid guy in the rotation. Guess he just wanted to start.

It's his last year to prove himself to NFL...he needs to play FT...not on rotation.Hope this guy Roche is good...

Exactly and I'm not sure why this would surprise anyone. Your coaches go out and get a guy that's going to take minutes off of you, of course you won't be happy about it as its your money year. Business decision, nothing personal, just like the coaches did bringing in someone they feel improved the team.

Some of you get so caught up in your feelings.

Advertisement
He's in his 6th year and hasn't made a discernable impact lol.

Dude has earned the right to finish his career elsewhere where he can see the field more. We're likely losing Rousseau and (certainly) Roche after next year, so getting these younger guys snaps should be important as well. It makes perfect sense for the team. My only question is do we get a counter back since he's graduated?

I hope the dude ends up a starter at his next school. Nevertheless, too many injuries curtailed having a successful season at Miami. And he was OVERRATED coming out of HS, too. In other words, it seems a lot of Miami player's coming out of HS are overrated and what not.
It’s kind of hard to call him over rated when he got injured right the beginning of his college career.

I’m happy for Patch. Selfishly, I’d love to have him around for depth but that’s not fair to him if he wants to be a full time starter somewhere and has aspirations of making it to the league.

The bright side is that we could legitimately have one of the nations best DE corp in all of CFB. Stroud has absolutely NO excuses next season. I don’t remember a two-deep DE group at the U as talented as Rousseau, Roche, Phillips and Harvey in a long long time. Plus we’ve got some young horses who may shock some folks if given the chance.

Point is, this is a testament to how much better our talent level has gotten over the past few years. Because Patch would have been an absolute starter during the Golden years.

Hope he gets picked up by a G5 school where he can truly shine. He’d kill it in the MAC.
He would have weighed 315 and practicing his dance moves w Golden and No’D.

Advertisement
If you'd rather start somewhere ****** than be a rotational player at Miami, you don't love the program as much as you think. You have to know by now NFL isn't in the cards.

If I were in his shoes I’d try to transfer to SMU, Rice, Duke, Stanford or Northwestern.

Exactly. He’s not going to the NFL. He should use his graduate years to prepare for a life after football. He should shoot for one of the last 3 schools you mentioned.

Advertisement
If you'd rather start somewhere ****** than be a rotational player at Miami, you don't love the program as much as you think. You have to know by now NFL isn't in the cards.
when you see yourself as a starter and knowing you won’t play as much next season You kind of have to do what you have to do

Is he a quitter, soft, and afraid of competition as well, or is that just the young Black kids?

They said the same **** about Tate when he bailed OSU when they found out his 23 and me results said his genetic profile was 10% sub Saharan African.

when you see yourself as a starter and knowing you won’t play as much next season You kind of have to do what you have to do
Then you love Me, not The University of Miami. He would have seen a ton of snaps this year, especially against rush heavy offenses. It's not like he's a bench warmer.

Advertisement
Back