Patchan to the portal

Advertisement
Exactly 16 pages about a guy nobody will remember in 3 years.

He's not even Darnell Jenkins level...

He’d be useful here, that’s the thing. He has a role here as a run stopping defensive end.
Yes, he'd be useful here. But he's given a lot of years and a lot of blood, sweat, and time. He has earned the right to go somewhere and be a starter in his final year of college football, maybe final year of football altogether, rather than be a role-player behind all the people that were brought in to replace him. He deserves that, and he absolutely shouldn't be criticized for it or questioned as far as his love and loyalty to the 'Canes.

I'd have stayed just to be a part of the rebuild. This year could be special if the O works out. As for limited reps, so what? Does he really want to get that many reps on those knees next year? ****, limited playing time would be his friend, if you ask me. Let him come in and do his thing as a fresh backup, against tired OL. That film would look good.

I'm not going to trash him, though. Anyone that has worked as hard as he has deserves our respect.
This coming year may be the last year he ever plays a sport that he loves and has given a lot to. He absolutely has earned the right to find a place to play that final year with more than "limited reps" after all he's done and gone through, without being criticized for it.

Advertisement
He didn’t quit. He’s been here for 5 years and has his degree. How can you knock a kid that’s been through multiple ACL surgeries and wants to be a full time starter in his last season instead of behind the top 2 returning DEs in the nation
You are right, he just wasn't good enough.

It’s different because they don’t think he’s very good. Problem is guys get hurt, and I’m always hearing people on here crying about depth.

He’s not a starter here, but he’s not a starter anywhere else with great DEs either. He could be a good backup and get a lot of burn.

If his goal is the NFL he can reach it just as easily here as a rotation guy as he could at some ****** little school as a starter. If all he wants to do is play every snap then be gone.
He will never see the NFL.

Advertisement
I’m shocked at how many people are upset or hating on him for leaving. Dude put 5 years into this program. Let him go get playing time somewhere else his last (6th) year of college football.

I'm actually surprised at how many people are defending Patchan. So I'm actually glad how this thread went cause I was expecting full on hate.

Maybe the coaches were finally telling him the truth. He wasn't that good. He wasn't that bad either. He's just a backup at this point. If anyone should be a ride or die Cane. It's him..this **** sounds like fake news to me.
Nothing wrong with being a back up at the U. Especially since the school has carried you the way it has because of his pedigree. If it's true and he bounces. Then then he's dead to me. Simple. The only thing worse than being a snitch is a quitter. Eff him and eff Manny Diaz for allowing this situation to spin out if control. Manny is in way over his head.

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
I think he FINALLY saw the light that he was just back-up/ rotational. I wish him the best of luck to prove himself as more that that on another team. He’s gotta be think potential next level after his last year.

Advertisement
I think he FINALLY saw the light that he was just back-up/ rotational. I wish him the best of luck to prove himself as more that that on another team. He’s gotta be think potential next level after his last year.
Not as a player at the next level.

LOL at all the mental gymnastics on here to paint Portchan as not being a quitter. Portchan is a ******* quitter just like all the other guys who have transferred out of here.

He quit the team to try to find another team where he can get more snaps. He quit for his own personal interests just like all the other guys we kill on here. It’s the definition of putting his personal interests ahead of the team and program.

You guys are pulling out the classy top hats and ascots and brandy snifters to wish him well either because you know he’s a mediocre player at a position of depth, or you’re racist turds who treat the black quitters differently.

I don’t care that much about Portchan quitting because we’re good at DE, but fck all that Cane for life bullshyt. He quit my team, and, even if he’s not the best player, the coaches think he’s good enough to be an important depth guy.

LOL at all the mental gymnastics on here to paint Portchan as not being a quitter. Portchan is a ******* quitter just like all the other guys who have transferred out of here.

He quit the team to try to find another team where he can get more snaps. He quit for his own personal interests just like all the other guys we kill on here. It’s the definition of putting his personal interests ahead of the team and program.

You guys are pulling out the classy top hats and ascots and brandy snifters to wish him well either because you know he’s a mediocre player at a position of depth, or you’re racist turds who treat the black quitters differently.

I don’t care that much about Portchan quitting because we’re good at DE, but fck all that Cane for life bullshyt. He quit my team, and, even if he’s not the best player, the coaches think he’s good enough to be an important depth guy.

This!! He quit on our team just like Lingard, Jarren, Smith, and everyone else who decided to bolt. Miss me with all this ***gy “he fought through injuries” ***** as some pie in the sky anomaly compared to the rest of the quitters. The only difference is this - he’s like 27 years old and the University has spent more money on him than they have all the others combined.

The ”Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations” is on display. He’s a quitter. He’s undisciplined on the field. And he doesn’t appreciate how much the University has invested in him.

Exactly 16 pages about a guy nobody will remember in 3 years.

He's not even Darnell Jenkins level...
Darnell was very good. Our best WR when he played. WTF is the reason to mention him?
Made Pats practice squad for a couple years.

Advertisement
Back