Patchan to the portal

So
LOL at all the mental gymnastics on here to paint Portchan as not being a quitter. Portchan is a ******* quitter just like all the other guys who have transferred out of here.

He quit the team to try to find another team where he can get more snaps. He quit for his own personal interests just like all the other guys we kill on here. It’s the definition of putting his personal interests ahead of the team and program.

You guys are pulling out the classy top hats and ascots and brandy snifters to wish him well either because you know he’s a mediocre player at a position of depth, or you’re racist turds who treat the black quitters differently.

I don’t care that much about Portchan quitting because we’re good at DE, but fck all that Cane for life bullshyt. He quit my team, and, even if he’s not the best player, the coaches think he’s good enough to be an important depth guy.

So, do we need to start a 16 page thread on how King and Roche are quitters?

We can’t have it both ways. We are happy that our new QB “quit” on his old team to come here, but then we are also OK disparaging a kid who is trying to find a place to play the sport he loves, probably for the last time.

What am I missing?

Advertisement
Players aren’t even here yet and we’re in full NEG , be careful we may get what we all ready have again.

Boy that sounded just as weird as our current state, SEE

This!! He quit on our team just like Lingard, Jarren, Smith, and everyone else who decided to bolt. Miss me with all this ***gy “he fought through injuries” ***** as some pie in the sky anomaly compared to the rest of the quitters. The only difference is this - he’s like 27 years old and the University has spent more money on him than they have all the others combined.

The ”Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations” is on display. He’s a quitter. He’s undisciplined on the field. And he doesn’t appreciate how much the University has invested in him.
These goofballs act like Portchan is the only participant in his injury journey. UM could have cut him loose while he was snapping knee ligaments like an 89 year old woman playing hacky sack.

UM stood by him and rehabbed him for free and fed him and provided him world class surgeons. How does he repay us for sticking with him and for probably helping him get the 6th year? By quitting.

So

We can’t have it both ways. We are happy that our new QB “quit” on his old team to come here, but then we are also OK disparaging a kid who is trying to find a place to play the sport he loves, probably for the last time.

What am I missing?
Are you guys really this stupid? I’m a UM fan. If I was a Temple fan or a Houston fan, I’d hate King and Roche. Is it that hard to understand?

Do some of you numbskulls realize you’re on a UM fan board? Or is this society so full of “Do you, bro! God bless! Best of luck to you” faqqits that there’s no such thing as “with me or against me” anymore?

Are you guys really this stupid? I’m a UM fan. If I was a Temple fan or a Houston fan, I’d hate King and Roche. Is it that hard to understand?

Do some of you numbskulls realize you’re on a UM fan board? Or is this society so full of “Do you, bro! God bless! Best of luck to you” faqqits that there’s no such thing as “with me or against me” anymore?
A great example of what you're conveying here Chise is Trevon Hill. At the senior bowl yesterday, he wore a helmet with the U on it. Not one with VT. Having only been at the U for a year, he's shown more loyalty to the U than a guy who's been here for 5 years.

Advertisement

U haven't changed. Have you. You still here. Take a chill pill and on top of it it's not your team it's our team. We are just as passionate as you are. Enjoy your SUNDAY. Capiche.

Last edited:

Yes.

These goofballs act like Portchan is the only participant in his injury journey. UM could have cut him loose while he was snapping knee ligaments like an 89 year old woman playing hacky sack.

UM stood by him and rehabbed him for free and fed him and provided him world class surgeons. How does he repay us for sticking with him and for probably helping him get the 6th year? By quitting.

When he's rehabbing through injuries he's doing it for the program.

When he's leaving he's "doing what he has to do for himself"

Maybe he's been doing what he has to for himself the entire time.

Advertisement
LOL at all the mental gymnastics on here to paint Portchan as not being a quitter. Portchan is a ******* quitter just like all the other guys who have transferred out of here.

He quit the team to try to find another team where he can get more snaps. He quit for his own personal interests just like all the other guys we kill on here. It’s the definition of putting his personal interests ahead of the team and program.

You guys are pulling out the classy top hats and ascots and brandy snifters to wish him well either because you know he’s a mediocre player at a position of depth, or you’re racist turds who treat the black quitters differently.

I don’t care that much about Portchan quitting because we’re good at DE, but fck all that Cane for life bullshyt. He quit my team, and, even if he’s not the best player, the coaches think he’s good enough to be an important depth guy.
Say it again! But a ***** wants to throw “porsting” shade when I say it. Lol you hit the nail on the head with the mental gymnastics too. It’s always the same usual suspects as alphabet people hollering like a hit dog.

Stop posting
C0BDC045-8549-4F8B-9B48-9A5591E594EA.png

He's gone into another portal way way in another UNIVERSE. We lost him. He entered the no return portal. I'm sure he's reading this and laughing his **** off. He has a life TOO. He's gone PERIOD

Advertisement

I spent 8 years at the U (undergrad and med school) starting in 1983. I was a student for our first 4 championships and during the NCAA record home winning streak. I draped spray painted bed sheets from the student section railing in the OB for every important home game. I’ve traveled all over the country to watch them play in the regular season and in bowl games. And even though I live in California now, I still belong to the HC and donate money regularly to the university and the medical school.

No one bleeds orange and green more than I do, and yet I still don’t understand the vitriol that some fans spew towards the players. Just like King, Patchan is looking for an opportunity to make the most of his last, precious year of eligibility.

What do we gain as fans for bad mouthing a young man who’s simply trying to find the right situation for himself? If you want to be happy as a Miami fan for getting a great QB, I’m right there with you. If you want to be disappointed to see Patchan leave, I’m right there with you. But if you want to call him a quitter, then you can’t have a double standard and not call King a quitter.

Thank you for an interesting and lively conversation.

Wish him the best and totally understand why he is doing it . He wants to play a ton and wouldn't of next year as he isn't a very talented kid . Gets the most out of his limited talent though. Doubt he ever plays a down in the league regardless.

Advertisement
From Barry Jackson today...

Among many schools that have reached out to transferring UM defensive end Scott Patchan: UF, North Carolina and Toledo (where former defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski is coaching).

From Barry Jackson today...

Among many schools that have reached out to transferring UM defensive end Scott Patchan: UF, North Carolina and Toledo (where former defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski is coaching).
Why north Carolina, inthought they didnt have room for a de?

So

What am I missing?
What are you missing? That when you find out your girl is banging another dude, you get really ****ed off. But you generally don't wake up angry the morning after you just piped somebody else's girl. That may not be right, but it's reality.

BIngo.

Once you graduate after being here over five years , shredding both knees I can’t call you a quitter.

King and Roche earned their degrees and have the right to go elsewhere.

Limphard left because he was butthurt about not playing , then went to a hated rival on top of it. What’s even worse he’d had a huge opportunity to prove himself here this spring, with all the injuries and depth issues.

JW was a cancer that was on like strike nine here. Hightower was mad about pt and didn’t like multiple coaches.

I don’t put those in the same stratosphere as guys who’ve graduated and are looking elsewhere.

Even though I don’t really care who leaves , I don’t get sour about that stuff. It’s not my life, do as you will.
This. Very well said, Cribby.

Advertisement
Back