Patchan to the portal

Advertisement
He sucks. Give me a break. At best he was a body.

We have Roche (much better), up and coming Harvey and Cameron Williams, plus Phillips who has way more upside. I haven't forgotten about GR, either.

That doesn't take into account Chantz or Quinnen.

I give U the thumbs up about the depth at DE, but I won't go near your other notion.

Advertisement
I’m happy for Patch. Selfishly, I’d love to have him around for depth but that’s not fair to him if he wants to be a full time starter somewhere and has aspirations of making it to the league.

The bright side is that we could legitimately have one of the nations best DE corp in all of CFB. Stroud has absolutely NO excuses next season. I don’t remember a two-deep DE group at the U as talented as Rousseau, Roche, Phillips and Harvey in a long long time. Plus we’ve got some young horses who may shock some folks if given the chance.

Point is, this is a testament to how much better our talent level has gotten over the past few years. Because Patch would have been an absolute starter during the Golden years.

Hope he gets picked up by a G5 school where he can truly shine. He’d kill it in the MAC.

Yeah. Major college football opinion says the Miami Hurricane fandom, arguably speaking, are one of the TOP 3 worst fandom in all of CFB. Now that's fresh.

At least we don't send our players death threats. That makes us better than any SEC fanbase.

I can see Patchan at UCF, Regardless, good luck the rest of the way. No problem with his decision, he worked overcame, and went above and beyond what was asked of him. Stop hating fam!

. BLESSINGS TO SCOTT AND HIS FAMILY 🙏🏾🙌🏿..... OH WELL ......
He sucks. Give me a break. At best he was a body.

We have Roche (much better), up and coming Harvey and Cameron Williams, plus Phillips who has way more upside. I haven't forgotten about GR, either.

That doesn't take into account Chantz or Quinnen.
How do you know Roach is much better? Seriously?

Advertisement
I’m happy for Patch. Selfishly, I’d love to have him around for depth but that’s not fair to him if he wants to be a full time starter somewhere and has aspirations of making it to the league.

The bright side is that we could legitimately have one of the nations best DE corp in all of CFB. Stroud has absolutely NO excuses next season. I don’t remember a two-deep DE group at the U as talented as Rousseau, Roche, Phillips and Harvey in a long long time. Plus we’ve got some young horses who may shock some folks if given the chance.

Point is, this is a testament to how much better our talent level has gotten over the past few years. Because Patch would have been an absolute starter during the Golden years.

Hope he gets picked up by a G5 school where he can truly shine. He’d kill it in the MAC.
Sooooo... he would kill it in the MAC? Like Roach did?

I wish him good fortune in all future endeavours.
Cane legacy. Two knee injuries and did his best. I respect that. Time to move on and let the younger ones take his snaps.

No chance it’s mutual. This is a big hit on depth. He was going to play a lot this year just like last year. He’s an experienced and productive player.

No doubt. Big blow losing Patchan. Now we gotta fill 3 DE's from last season rotation with the loss of Garvin and Hill too. Hopefully the younger guys can fill the void but that hurts us

Advertisement
He didn’t quit. He’s been here for 5 years and has his degree. How can you knock a kid that’s been through multiple ACL surgeries and wants to be a full time starter in his last season instead of behind the top 2 returning DEs in the nation

this.

i'd love for him to stay, but he'd be the fourth DE off the bench this year. maybe third if he's lucky, but the snaps for him would decrease from where they were last year.

so I sort of get it, if he has NFL aspirations, he needs more tape, particularly on third down, which he won't really get this year given our DE depth.

Advertisement
Why am I not surprised that we have fans claiming that a guy who just spent half a decade in a Miami Hurricanes uniform is disloyal for wanting to transfer. Maybe he just wants to spend his 6th year earning his graduate degree from a different school. It is entirely possible he knows he isn't going to the NFL and wants to set up his post college career as a working professional. Could go to Stanford or one of the Ivys, get into an 1 yr accelerated Masters program, and begin his professional career with a prestigious degree and not saddled with tens of thousands in student loans.

Patchan never really did anything well here. Wasn't a great run defender, definitely couldn't rush the QB, didn't set the edge well, got bullied most of the time. I have no idea why he played so much. He seems like a good guy who gave everything to the program, and I can respect him for that.

When Patchan first got here, he had a super quick get off. Then he had the ACL injury. When he came back against FSU, and he looked like a bat outta ****, everyone was like who’s 19? Then another injury.

Kid packed on a lot of weight and became a setting the edge guy v. pass rusher. I def didn’t think he deserved to start over Greg b/c the twitch he once showed was gone. It could’ve been attributed to him thinking it was more important to finally play a full season, as well. Coming back from bad injuries do something to you mentally & physically, until you actually reach a goal. (See D Rose)

I won’t bash him. He gave 5 yrs here, including changing up how he played the game this yr. Never heard any drama from dude. Hopefully he can put some film together and either get drafted or a shot as a UDFA, but I don’t think it hurts depth based upon who’s in the locker room along the DL

Advertisement
Back