Patchan Coming Byke?

Advertisement
Gonna be a scary DL if Garvin comes back. Will be scary even if he doesn’t come back. And we’re talking about having depth on top of talent and barely even considering the unknown potential of Phillips.

After what I’ve seen from Nesta and Miller the last 3 weeks or so to go along with Ford and the development of the 3 freshman at DT... can’t help not to be excited

Advertisement
He better not takes reps away from more talented players next year.

There's no reason to have talented beasts like Jaelan Phillips & Jahfari Harvey sitting on the sideline just because Patch is a 6th year Senior... At some point there's a drop off in ability that experience can't make up for.

I'm hoping the staff already learned the hard way with Rousseau lol.
Depth is a good thing brotha

Go Canes!!!!!!

This is good news. Patchan is a physical DE and age is important on the lines.
Very uncharacteristically stupid penalties yesterday but he was very disruptive. Probably his best game of the season.

People keep complaining about the roughing call but simply put, he hit the QB in the head with his head. That’s a flag.

Advertisement
We need as much leadership as we can get with new LBs. I played small college ball just as Vietnam was ending and played against a LB who did a tour in Vietnam then had played Marine Corps ball in Okinawa - guy was 28 and I thought he was ancient. Moved really well and tough as nails. We were chatting after the game, and he said he was done after the season, just wanted to see if he could do it, but after Vietnam, he couldn't adapt to the non-life and death discipline on a college campus.

Most people here never played the game and are clueless. Patchan is playing well and this is great news for next year.

I hear what you are saying but Patchan played his best game of the season. Also, Rousseau and Hill were batting injuries in camp so I think they wanted to ease them slowly.

I think the staff used sound decision making in regards to Rousseau's playing time. Tevon Hill has been really effective this year as well and knocking #15 down inside on passing situations has worked out really well. Garvin and Hill are VERY GOOD players and likely more complete and consistent on an every down basis. No problems with how they managed this situation.

Advertisement
Back