Pat Surtain Interesting Tweet

The dad of a back-up defensive player went ape **** on Facebook today, blasting the Heritage staff and accusing them of "having it out for his son" and that's why they didn't give him adequate playing time. He went on this whole rant about how the coaches "ruined his son" and now his boy has no desire to play football anymore because he spent his whole Senior year on the bench etc etc etc.

I know the dad and the kid (used to coach him). They're great people. The kid is an amazing young man and probably the hardest hitter I've ever seen on the high school level. He's a great player but at 5'10" 210lbs with (maybe) 4.8 speed he wasn't gonna go D1 and he wasn't gonna start over the two D1 level LB's Heritage had in their 4-2-5. He could be an excellent D3 player but that's not good enough for him/them.

The fact that they transferred him to Heritage just shows how highly they think of him (or how delusional they are).
Me and my buddy (who also coached the kid) tried to get them to transfer him to a decent public program like Flanagan or Western, where we knew the coaches and knew he'd be in good hands, or even University School, but their hearts were set on the big stage. Bush loved the kid and assured he would start and my buddies at Western wanted him as well. Nope. They insisted on taking him to Heritage.

We even tried to help him regarding college but to no avail. My boy called his old college coach and hooked him up with the kid's film and contact info. The coached loved him. He was blowing up the dad's phone. Well pops started ignoring their phone calls. No interest.

Classic case of when adults get in the way of their child's career.

Close thread.

Advertisement
The dad of a back-up defensive player went ape **** on Facebook today, blasting the Heritage staff and accusing them of "having it out for his son" and that's why they didn't give him adequate playing time. He went on this whole rant about how the coaches "ruined his son" and now his boy has no desire to play football anymore because he spent his whole Senior year on the bench etc etc etc.

I know the dad and the kid (used to coach him). They're great people. The kid is an amazing young man and probably the hardest hitter I've ever seen on the high school level. He's a great player but at 5'10" 210lbs with (maybe) 4.8 speed he wasn't gonna go D1 and he wasn't gonna start over the two D1 level LB's Heritage had in their 4-2-5. He could be an excellent D3 player but that's not good enough for him/them.

The fact that they transferred him to Heritage just shows how highly they think of him (or how delusional they are).
Me and my buddy (who also coached the kid) tried to get them to transfer him to a decent public program like Flanagan or Western, where we knew the coaches and knew he'd be in good hands, or even University School, but their hearts were set on the big stage. Bush loved the kid and assured he would start and my buddies at Western wanted him as well. Nope. They insisted on taking him to Heritage.

We even tried to help him regarding college but to no avail. My boy called his old college coach and hooked him up with the kid's film and contact info. The coached loved him. He was blowing up the dad's phone. Well pops started ignoring their phone calls. No interest.

It's disgusting when parents use their children to try to live out their fantasies.

Here's the takeaway: as I mentioned previously, this absolutely had nothing to do with UM or Rumph. Zero. Zip. Nada. End of story.

Advertisement
This is directed at Rumph I would assume.

Why would he say parents when speaking of Rumph? This has nothing to do Miami lol Aren't Rumph and Surtain close? Rumph hired him on his staff at AH.

Rumph was quoted today saying he wishes SFLA parents were more involved during the recruiting process. That he's shocked at how they don't help their kids in the biggest decision of their lives. I assume Surtain misinterpreted Rumph's statements as a shot towards the parents

Good lord. Only other place I've seen such a crazy reach was in Thailand about three years back. That I had to pay for though this is definitely a freebie

Why would he say parents when speaking of Rumph? This has nothing to do Miami lol Aren't Rumph and Surtain close? Rumph hired him on his staff at AH.

Rumph was quoted today saying he wishes SFLA parents were more involved during the recruiting process. That he's shocked at how they don't help their kids in the biggest decision of their lives. I assume Surtain misinterpreted Rumph's statements as a shot towards the parents

Good lord. Only other place I've seen such a crazy reach was in Thailand about three years back. That I had to pay for though this is definitely a freebie
This is the type of stuff they do make crazy assumptions and talks themselves in thinking it's a fact. Then other posters mind's are so gullible so they believe all of the bullsh*t they see

Entitlement.

You aren't only recruiting players, you are recruiting parents.

seriously thought i was the only one to see these boards as straight staff bashing. I read these threads everyday and listen to all the negativity and misery upon these ppl. I see you guys using this board to vent and relieve yourselves of all the pain & misfortunes in your personal lives. how do you sit in front of a computer everyday,( whine and complain about errthing the staff, coaches, recruits/parents, diehard U fans say or do that you're not in agreement with. Miss me with all your drama. If i was parents reading these threads and my highly recruited son was offered by UM, all the bs post on here would definitely lean on neg towards UM with others top schools in play. Get out your feelings, get a life and support this coaching staff and players btw is trending up. I can't believe all the b*÷ching about recruits we didnt land as oppose to celebrating the studs we did get. FYI, when you can coach you dont need a class full of 4/5 stars. Dont get me wrong, i want the best ballers at the U, but great coaching supersedes great recruiting tho you want both

So.... is this a rant about ranting?
hitler-screams-o.gif

HitlerPencilThrowGIF.gif

Advertisement

im going to thailand in 4 months....any tips besides the obvious?

Gotta go with the banana show its life altering & stay away from strip clubs in Bangkok.life altering for all the wrong reasons. It's a breathtakingly beautiful country. Enjoy urself but be mindful that it is tremendously poor. Always be cautious. If you like traditional Thai (VERY different from anywhere in America except certain situations spots in ny or San fran) than you GOTTA eat in the market. It's bad ***. Enjoy brother

Gotta swing through Singapore and check out "Four Floors of Whores"

Can you help those of us who aren't familiar with the SFla high school football scene?

People around certain, if not all, HS gets greased, paid $$$, to funnel recruits to certain schools only. Parents are on the take too. Maybe Patrick, who I think is still coach at the school, hasn't gotten his bag for his son yet or is worried about future bags for more players. In short, everyone has their hands out -- a lot like Washington DC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back