Parking email

Advertisement
It's Day 1. Of course everyone got what they want today. I worry about the folks who have times for next week, though.

Agreed. It would be mildly interesting to see the daily “inventory” but I guess that really only helps the person needing green going next week but has someone this week that can snag one…

I’ll wait until Thursday afternoon and let the chips land when the wheel spins my way…

I think you can get to Green, you just have to drive south to 199th and then hang a couple of right turns. Shouldn't be a problem now with the Pedestrian Bridge that allows those who park in Yellow to cross the Turnpike Road into Orange.

I really don’t understand the pricing, especially orange being less than green. They seem basically the same just different locations. I come from the north and always take exit 2X from the turnpike. So orange or black are the only ones that makes sense for me.

Why would someone want to get green if they were coming from the north on the turnpike?

Just wondering because maybe there’s something I’m missing. I already got my passes, but still just wondering what the rationale is for both the pricing differences, and also green. Green just seems like it would be better if you were coming from surface streets or from the south.

Advertisement
I really don’t understand the pricing, especially orange being less than green. They seem basically the same just different locations. I come from the north and always take exit 2X from the turnpike. So orange or black are the only ones that makes sense for me.

Why would someone want to get green if they were coming from the north on the turnpike?

Just wondering because maybe there’s something I’m missing. I already got my passes, but still just wondering what the rationale is for both the pricing differences, and also green. Green just seems like it would be better if you were coming from surface streets or from the south.

Green opens an hour early and doesn't force linear parking, thus you can "tailgate together" even if you arrive at different times. It's not just "proximity", it's about how they handle the lot differently than other lots.

I’ve been in green for years and live in palm beach (access to turnpike northbound is critical to me). When leaving, you simply don’t go out the exit dumping into 199th. There’s no physical barriers so just drive into the orange lots and out of the exits that dump to the turnpike. I’ve literally done this for every game…
Took me a few years to actually figure this out.

generally orange gets let in when normal gates open while green and higher i believe get in earlier. i always did orange bc i dont tailgate as much as i used to anymore.

generally orange gets let in when normal gates open while green and higher i believe get in earlier. i always did orange bc i dont tailgate as much as i used to anymore.

Same here. Some people are really into it. Me, not so much.

I like to go to the games, get there in time to have a couple of drinks and chill, and then enjoy (not so much last year) the game.

So I had forgotten about the non-directional parking, and the early entry, which is a big deal to the tailgating aficionados. Not that I don’t go to a tailgate every once in a while, but I certainly don’t host them. The people that do that, it’s a **** of a lot of work. I know some people that have like tailgating menus and all that.

Advertisement
Same here. Some people are really into it. Me, not so much.

I like to go to the games, get there in time to have a couple of drinks and chill, and then enjoy (not so much last year) the game.

So I had forgotten about the non-directional parking, and the early entry, which is a big deal to the tailgating aficionados. Not that I don’t go to a tailgate every once in a while, but I certainly don’t host them. The people that do that, it’s a **** of a lot of work. I know some people that have like tailgating menus and all that.
i dont host anymore and a lot of my friends left the area that i would have tailgated with. for big games, well tailgate but i honestly am just as happy getting there a bit before kick, get in the seat, and get out. f

I just want orange!!! Would suck to quit going to games because I can’t tailgate.

The sad part is, I've seen a number of posters on other sites (like the on3 and 247 boards) say they are cancelling their season tickets due to the changes in parking and tailgating. I'm not sure how much of that is true and how much is bravado, but I definitely think it's a bad sign for the future, particularly when (a) UM students are no longer REQUIRED to pay the Athletic Fee that used to get them into all the games for free, and (b) student attendance has definitely been lower over the past 20 years, unless it's a big football game or the basketball team has already won 20 games.

I don't know how UM thinks it is going to continue to build alums like me, who buy season tickets religiously while living hundreds of miles away. But if we lose our tailgate culture, we will also lose the hardcore faithful. I'm sure we'll always be able to sell 25 or 35 thousand tickets, there are a lot of people in SoFla who need something fun to do for a few hours on a Saturday. But I'm not sure we will have the hardcore fanbase who travels to away games and buys all the crappy adidas merch and shows up for the team win-or-lose.

Trust me, I was in Houston. And while I'm proud that 700 students bought Final Four tickets, I looked around at our sections...and we were old (and wealthy)...our sections definitely looked older than the FAU sections...

We can't afford to lose long-time fans by making the parking and tailgating even messier. While I've always wanted us to build a stadium of our own and could give you a million reasons to do so, the Dolphins ownership has pretty much justified it over the last couple of years with ONE issue - disastrous parking/tailgating...

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was in the same boat. Add to it there was a "glitch" that only allowed me to buy Yellow online, so I had to call again anyway. That website is pure trash.
it's not just the website, it is the entire process. the communication, the roll out, i said it before, a 4th grader using pong video software with a dot matrix printer can produce a better product.

Folks not getting or have received email check your spam folder. That's where my emails were. Not understanding why.
Go Canes!!
I have been checking each time and it wasn’t there. Got an email today from the client experience office with a link to subscribe to all emails. I do not remember ever unsubscribing but maybe I did years ago. I will hopefully get them now.

Advertisement
The sad part is, I've seen a number of posters on other sites (like the on3 and 247 boards) say they are cancelling their season tickets due to the changes in parking and tailgating. I'm not sure how much of that is true and how much is bravado, but I definitely think it's a bad sign for the future, particularly when (a) UM students are no longer REQUIRED to pay the Athletic Fee that used to get them into all the games for free, and (b) student attendance has definitely been lower over the past 20 years, unless it's a big football game or the basketball team has already won 20 games.

I don't know how UM thinks it is going to continue to build alums like me, who buy season tickets religiously while living hundreds of miles away. But if we lose our tailgate culture, we will also lose the hardcore faithful. I'm sure we'll always be able to sell 25 or 35 thousand tickets, there are a lot of people in SoFla who need something fun to do for a few hours on a Saturday. But I'm not sure we will have the hardcore fanbase who travels to away games and buys all the crappy adidas merch and shows up for the team win-or-lose.

Trust me, I was in Houston. And while I'm proud that 700 students bought Final Four tickets, I looked around at our sections...and we were old (and wealthy)...our sections definitely looked older than the FAU sections...

We can't afford to lose long-time fans by making the parking and tailgating even messier. While I've always wanted us to build a stadium of our own and could give you a million reasons to do so, the Dolphins ownership has pretty much justified it over the last couple of years with ONE issue - disastrous parking/tailgating...
While I get what you are saying OC, I think you are missing some key points.

The Student Body has been bandwagon as F for decades at this point, and that's nothing new. The REASON why administration finally let kids opt out of the Athletic Fee is because a lot of kids don't care about athletics, and are tired of paying for tickets they never use. The next time you visit campus, look at the kids walking around. The demographics have changed from when I first hit campus in 2004, and it's like night and day from when some of our older posters first showed up to the Gables. Back in the day, I had to fight every year to get the Student Athletic Fee taken off, because I had season tickets for football, basketball and baseball and had no interest in being charged twice. At least they made it easier for students now, so I don't have an issue with that.

As I've stated before, I think Rad chose the toughest option, for something that had to be done eventually(I would have phased it in, permanently grandfathering those who have had season tickets for at least 10 consecutive years and Alumni). Whether we like it or not, Miami football can't continue to sell tickets and parking for far less money than peer institutions do, and then expect the school and the small donor base to pick up the slack in regards to lost revenue. That's insane and a losing proposition. Our fans have gotten really, really entitled and when you look at what other schools require of their season ticket holders in order to have access, you can't help but laugh. Miami has been mediocre for years, so have a ton of other programs, but their fans keep showing up, they spend money. Rad sees this, he knows that we can't be a world class athletic department and still operate the ticket department like we're the same school that used to give tickets away if you bought a Whopper.

I get it, people have gotten used to having a tailgating culture(Something we didn't really have at the OB), but parking isn't nearly as plentiful as it was 10 years ago, because Ross needs additional revenue and has sacrificed parking in order to create it. That said, I've traveled to facilities all across the country and the Miami parking situation is far better than **** near every other school out there. You'd be amazed how much people have to spend to have a relatively decent parking spot at a place like LSU, or even Nebraska. Yes, those are huge state schools with enormous alumni bases, but the fact remains. Barring a miracle happening and we get our own stadium either easily accessible from, or adjacent to campus, this parking situation is going to be what it is.

The parking situation is truly a Stephen Ross special.

Still hasn't won a playoff game.

Advertisement
Back